Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Nekko

Senior Member

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
Tick Tock, scruffy. Post that Rengar info, please.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...9#post44622319

It's right here kiddo.

Also don't worry Healyourownbum... I don't think another Karma is going to happen, in order to do that they would have to keep everyone completely in the dark about any information in the reworked kit and only admit to it once someone datamines it, then rush it through the PBE when promised an extended stay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQKitsune

Junior Member

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GMang View Post
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.

"Maybe even More" ??? I'm seeing a hint to his citrus going off of ad with a slash on base heal or buff after eating citrus with old way of using. Maybe +MS ive seen this idea before.


P.S. can you give an ETA on GP darius rework? idc if you have to guess with a RNG and i won't cry if you say 3 or 12 months but i want to have something to look forward to while playing league every day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d43c

Senior Member

01-24-2014

bumperino for my pal gp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blindsorcerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
I agree that Talon could really use a rework, but no one is currently working on him.
Question: Given that you guys seem to think every hero needs a rework within a year of release why did you guys let them get released to begin with? Isn't this a design error your vast staff should have identified in their champion concepts to avoid by now? Have you ever thought maybe people should take their rework ideas and apply them to a whole new hero with a fresh identity? Since that's kind of what you give old heros when you rework them. There is pretty much nothing left but the name, and at that point I just want to know why they weren't two different heros to begin with and why you guys were too lazy to fix the original design. Because regarding Talon, you ARE BEING LAZY IF YOU THINK HE SHOUL DBE REWORKED. L-A-Z-Y. That's what YOU GUYS ARE RIOT. LAZY. Now ****ing balance heros AND make new ones. No more reworks, frequent reworking of finished products displeases past customers, displeases current customers, wastes time that could be spent on brand new content while one guy tweaks with numbers in the old content. Seriously, whoever is in charge of management there is a ****ing mongoloid with their time and resources. No wonder you're ****ed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Nekko

Senior Member

01-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsorcerer View Post
Question: Given that you guys seem to think every hero needs a rework within a year of release why did you guys let them get released to begin with? Isn't this a design error your vast staff should have identified in their champion concepts to avoid by now? Have you ever thought maybe people should take their rework ideas and apply them to a whole new hero with a fresh identity? Since that's kind of what you give old heros when you rework them. There is pretty much nothing left but the name, and at that point I just want to know why they weren't two different heros to begin with and why you guys were too lazy to fix the original design. Because regarding Talon, you ARE BEING LAZY IF YOU THINK HE SHOUL DBE REWORKED. L-A-Z-Y. That's what YOU GUYS ARE RIOT. LAZY. Now ****ing balance heros AND make new ones. No more reworks, frequent reworking of finished products displeases past customers, displeases current customers, wastes time that could be spent on brand new content while one guy tweaks with numbers in the old content. Seriously, whoever is in charge of management there is a ****ing mongoloid with their time and resources. No wonder you're ****ed.

actually I think I can field this question, when a champion is released, they may be balanced for that time. However as new champions get released, the meta changes, item changes, and power creep happens. So the champion's value decreases or they become unable to compete without a rework. Talon was considered a bursty assassin and was good at taking down squishy mages and other assassins. With item releases like seeker's armguard, as well as the systematic nerfing to hell of almost all the other assassins and beefier mid laners becoming standard, Talon's effectiveness dropped dramatically.

For another example we'll go back to everyone's favorite botched rework of Karma. There was in fact logic for her to be reworked, her original design was as an AP support for bruisers who could go mid lane. However when the 2-1-2 meta was replaced with a 1-1-2-J meta, and the 0cs support taking full control, Karma as a whole was neutered from being an effective support. She was still a good mid, but as it appears having 0 free weeks for over a year made it so nobody understood her, so she faltered mid as well. There were certainly changes her kit that could have been made to make her effective, but Riot chose to just throw her out and replace her. Sound logic, but terrible decisions on how to enact it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkuenOCe

Senior Member

01-27-2014

The Karma talk really scared people off huh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shade041

Junior Member

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDax View Post
You're too good for this town, you have no idea how much I freaking love you right now. You're the only Rioter who has said ANYTHING about his rework, at all in recent days. You have given me hope that the pirate will be viable again, that I won't be labeled a troll for picking him.
Seriously, you have no idea how happy I am to hear this. I love Gangplank, his lore and his look overall, but he can't hold up against most top laners anymore. While I do like his kit as it is, I am looking forward to the upcoming changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337L33THeirm

Senior Member

03-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Hey all,

blah blah blah I hate karma fans blah blah blah

-Scruffy
tl;dr this guy hates fans, sexy champions, style, and all the character karma had.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NanoAinaCat

Junior Member

04-05-2014

Anything on Garen or Nautilus?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Col Frogfoot

Member

04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Darius - Reasonably hot. We have a rework that sort of got 90% of the way there. We want to position Darius as a teamfight time bomb (get to max stacks bleed and dunk fools). One of our brilliant interns worked on this last year and RiotScruffy finished it up. It's currently mothballed as we wait for art resources (there are other reworks that are much higher on the list in terms of art). Scruffy himself can probably talk more about this. Personally I enjoyed jungling the new Darius a LOT in our internal playtests.
Its been 4 months since that quote.. where has this darius gone?