Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkuenOCe

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Good questions. "Feels like the existing champion" is a very important part of our approach to a rework or visual update. The end goal is"how can we make this champion the most fun and realized version that they can be while preserving their identity."
I'm assuming this is the approach you decided to take after the backlash over Karma. Anyone who played original Karma knows that this new champion plays and feels nothing like the original. My favourite champion has already been destroyed; At this point I'm just worried for Rengar players.

Ur little sister

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkuenOCe View Post
I'm assuming this is the approach you decided to take after the backlash over Karma. Anyone who played original Karma knows that this new champion plays and feels nothing like the original. My favourite champion has already been destroyed; At this point I'm just worried for Rengar players.
Have there actually been completed reworks since then? Cause riot can say that preserving champion identity is a priority all they want, I legitimately have trouble thinking of a single decent sized rework that would demonstrate that. My favorite champion used to be Kat, but she pretty much got the Karma treatment as well. And now Riot is slowly reverting the worst parts of her rework, but without ever even mentioning it.

Just think about it, it's smart to change the core identity of a champion in a rework because it attracts a new audience of people who might spend money on the champ, as well as encouraging people who already spent money on that champ to give up on him/her and spend money on things they don't have yet. In the most extreme case, you could rework a champion into a completely different type of champ and then release a new champ that's very similar to the old one. Read: rework Ryze and release Brand.

The most important thing would be to just keep pokerfacing about it though, else customers would start getting pissed.

edit: I just read the Rengar changes. Severe nerfs to his burst and roaming potential in favor of sustained fighting power. Lolwut?

Pozay

01-22-2014

What are you guys opinion on mundo and nasus?

I feel they are currently boring champions to be played and to play agaisnt.

Any reworks / changes you guys are planning or are they in a place you guys wanted them to be?

Also would like you guys to talk about adcs champions that are not seeing any action right now (Corki, urgot, etc.) Especially Corki since he was played since season 1 and right now seems to be in a really bad spot.

The Furgotten

01-22-2014

Please don't change Urgot; his kit is unique and outstandingly strong/fun. Most complaints about him come from new players trying to ADC him or people who dislike his appearance. His solo laning is outstanding, and personally I will always enjoy crabgot.

SoS Dagger

01-22-2014

I know it's probably completely out of the question but we're there any idea's on changing GP into a ranged adc?

If not, I'm just curious on your thoughts in him being bot lane.

RakshirX

01-22-2014

Tick Tock, scruffy. Post that Rengar info, please.

Anonagon

01-22-2014

Since you guys have talked about Poppy, I thought I'd post here rather than make an entire thread for it.

There are two things you need to do in Poppy's eventual rework:

1. Keep her as a fighter/assassin. I know she was originally meant to be somewhat of a tank, but I think the people who fell in love with Poppy fell in love with the damage. Reworking her into a tank will give you another group of "Old-Karma mains," who are eternally pissed at you. In the VU that goes with her rework, you could remove her shield so that you can give more visual emphasis to her hammer, showing that she is a fighter and not a tank.

2. Keep her ult, with a change; she does 90% reduced damage to targets that are not her ult's target. Poppy's ult should be the forced 1v1 spell, the tunnel-vision "this-is-my-target-and-he-will-die" spell. Its currently toxic because she can ult Soraka then 1v5.

CheapShotter

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapShotter View Post
I think Fiora's parry should return X% of damage as physical damage (before being reduced by armour), and furthermore, why does Parry do base damage??? Strong-ish early game, and late game it is almost useless, it should feel like a core part of Fiora's kit, being the superb duelist she is.

Ethaneus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2014

Irelia! Yay! If I may offer some suggestions, change her mana costs. What's most frustrating about her is that she is so strong but requires so much mana. Itemization fell off for her as the only viable mana item for her is sheen into trinity force, and even then it only increases her time in lane a little bit before she goes oom.

ShadowRumia

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurdr Volsung View Post
Please don't change Urgot; his kit is unique and outstandingly strong/fun. Most complaints about him come from new players trying to ADC him or people who dislike his appearance. His solo laning is outstanding, and personally I will always enjoy crabgot.
urgot is a toplane ranged bruiser that initiates by pulling the adc to the team