Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ark Angel HFB

01-19-2014

You stay the hell away from my Shaco's Q and E and me and you won't have a problem. XD

Klien Kurai

01-19-2014

what do you intend to do with Kassadin,

i find him very powerful and very hard to lane against with and AP carry mage and don't think just minor changes will help with that

Linna Excel

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks for the reminder - I do want to get some Fiora updates (not rework, just changes she needs).
When do you guys know a champ needs a rework VS having numbers changed?

Dotislav Pro

01-19-2014

So Sion (rework: 2014.) --> Poppy (rework: 2014.) -->....---->....----------> then Urgot ? (rework: 2016.)

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2014

Hey Morello, yeah imma let you finish... but Darius is currently viable, Mordekaiser isn't... Why rework Darius before Mordekaiser when Mord has been sitting on the back burner for more than 2 years now?

Hate to beat a dead horse, but Mordekaiser players have been asking for some sort of update for more than a year now.

I remember previously you said he was being looked at, but nothing ever came of it.

Destradoz

01-19-2014

I'm incredibly worried about what you are going to do to Sion and Shaco. They are both champions I enjoy and I'm worried that you're going to fundamentally change what they are.

Chone Bone

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Irelia - Coldish. I think we need to spend some more time thinking about what we want bruisers to be.

Akali - Cold. I feel she's in a decent place. Her dueling potential may be too high, but in team fights enemies have tools to control her. She benefited a little from the removal of oracle's, but it's not the end of the world (note that in the Voyboy game today we saw an Akali snowball crazy out of control. Any champion is going to be a problem at 11/0)

Gangplank - Hot hot hot. RiotGMang is working on a rework that has us all very excited. He very much keeps his global cannon barrage ult and gets one very cool new ability that I don't want to spoil. GMang will talk about it when he's ready. However I still think the rework needs more treasure.

Darius - Reasonably hot. We have a rework that sort of got 90% of the way there. We want to position Darius as a teamfight time bomb (get to max stacks bleed and dunk fools). One of our brilliant interns worked on this last year and RiotScruffy finished it up. It's currently mothballed as we wait for art resources (there are other reworks that are much higher on the list in terms of art). Scruffy himself can probably talk more about this. Personally I enjoyed jungling the new Darius a LOT in our internal playtests.
i noticed the last few remakes and ones soon to come (xerath, skarner) you guys [riot] have always asked us the community on what we like and what we think is wrong about a champion. and now i read some work is being done to GP with what sounds like very little input from us. GP is not even close to my most played champ but mostly because its just not a safe pick and he can get destroyed by most other champs in any lane. but he is in spirit one of the coolest champs with some of the most attitude. thats why i take a rework of him so serious in hopes he can actually be competitive. i dont know what you guys have coming down the pipeline for him but i know he could be a much more piratey pirate. since he really cant do anything well without amazing items i fell like reworking the gold income from his Q into someting more where it fits like into his passive giving more chances to get gold and there for get kinda like an item snowball. i always kinda imagined a treasure hunter passive where it grants bonus gold from all of his normal abilities. Q, gives gold for last hits. W, grants gold for removing stuns or slows. And his E could grant gold for every allied champion he buffs. Not only does give a treasure hungry pirate theme. but would help him be a timebomb threat like shyv mundo or nasus. but instead of being unkillable he can reach full builds sorta fast so you would play to stop that. Gp needs more items then almost all of the cast to do a job good. but parts of that are because he sorta doesnt fit any role well. not really a good tank. not really a good fighter. he is in a lol limbo. Another passive i thought about just gave him more solo kill potential. because the one he has really isnt that scary. Since its grog soaked i feel like enough stacks should make your opponent drunk and lose control of movement like a fiddle fear for like .75-1 second. every q or auto attack leaves a grog stack at 5 your become drunk. that way your more scared to trade depending how he is managing the stacks. of course there would be a timer before you could do it again to the same target so you cant perma stun people but could help him be a scary person to solo. but i dont know i rambling too much so to sum it up please make gangplank competitive and dont mess him up trying to do it.

Izara

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GMang View Post
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.
Orange Citrus Cannon Balls exploding with Vitamin C for ult confirmed.

LightEcho

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GMang View Post
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.
Does he still work as a support?
Permaslow gone? shifted to lategame?

Heartless Jack