Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Picoune

01-19-2014

Rework Poppy, E is so buuged.

Pilige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GMang View Post
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.
Just make sure that you guys give us GP mains a chance to chime in. The last GP rework just resulted in GP getting nerfed for 7 consecutive patches.

LimitlessChaos

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We aren't looking to fundamentally change the way Darius plays. Overall we are trying to emphasize and focus on him as a real ramping threat. He builds up a little slower but if he gets rolling, his damage gets pretty insane. And as usual, we are looking for small adjustments to his abilities to increase readability and add more gameplay for opponents.
I think I love you a little bit, Scruffy.

This philosophy sounds a lot like how I'd like to see Darius play - I was pretty stoked a long time ago when Morello said we'd maybe see a Darius where hemorrhage stacks to like 8-9 but he can do it a tiny bit easier and his dunk is much, much harder - giving a bit more to the "offensive fighter" thing since he's not much for built-in defense and now you might actually get something out of building a damage item beyond one.

LucifronSun

01-19-2014

How's vlad's position on the rework list? He's been on the incredibly mediocre, dipping into the bad tier for awhile now, and was olaf'd, well, before olaf got olaf'd. The fact that he has to wait until level 9 or so with a few items under his belt to interact meaningfully with his lane opponent just reeks of the unsatisfying gameplay you guys jump on.

You guys seem to avoid talking about him like the plague, except to mention that manaless spellvamp item that never came, and a possible rework awhile back, but after that you guys went right back to quarantine on him.

Hakobo

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't understand the comparison - Darius' kit utilizes the stacks as opposed to just getting them as a slow and damage. Why would Gangplank get high stacks when there's no gameplay surrounding the application or follow-up?
Morello, I feel like now you should be better at knowing which statements warrant responses or not.

"if dar dar has 7 Y NO GP?!"

Like c'monnnn Ryannnnn

Brale Bane Power

01-19-2014

Quote:
what's the priority on a rumble rework, is it hot, cold or below zero? what about a skin for rumble? He is the oldest champion to never receive a skin. 3 months from now, he is going to be 3 years old.
DeusExTroll

I asked them 4 times here on this thread .... No answer from the devs. NOTHING... Should I think Riot is intentionally ignoring us and Rumble????? Plz, just say something.

Prof Nekko

01-19-2014

I see Riot's willing to talk about every champion... Save Karma of course, it's like talking about the issues revolving around her rework are the greatest taboo ever

ItemsGuy

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Just to chime in here, this is similar to the Darius rework I posted several months ago. We're not going to do the Blood-Soaked Blade part of it, but this is still the direction I want to see on the rework. Many of the specifics on this are different, but the direction would fall into this;

Specifically, this also has tradeoffs and tensions, something we're going to be adding much more of in the coming year (and especially focusing some of our reworks effort into adding this into older champions).
Please tell me you're weakening the individual Hemo stacks but upping the cap! For someone who is built around building up in fights (strong commitment, poor poking and skirmishing also creating windows for the opposition to have some say in his damage output), he currently builds up too quickly and thus doesn't really allow for too much on either end--Darius himself doesn't really feel too different between utilizing his kit properly or poorly, and the poor champion on the receiving end just takes 5 stacks (AA, reset + Q, AA, pull + AA) before they have much time to react, especially if they aren't carrying any sort of instant gap-creator.

I believe I've brought up that rework a few times in my previous threads with BestBilbo in regards to dragging champ design in a healthier direction (defined strengths and weaknesses, clear niche, a kit that has a focus beyond "fulfill your role"), and if it's a sign of a new direction for reworks and champions to come, League of Legends might be about to become noticeably healthier.

EDIT:

As an added note, have you considered having his %armor penetration interact with Hemo stacks as well? It could be a sensible way to incorporate such a stat boost with gameplay beyond "if you rank up this ability, you get free stats."

fredblaze01

01-19-2014

yay for shaco and sion remake

Raptearer

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GMang View Post
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.
Quick questions on it:

1. Will his rework change him into a bursty damage or bruisery champion more? In other words, will he become full critplank, or more along the lines of the procplank we saw last season in the upper Korean levels?

2. Will his absurdly long cast times be gone? I feel like that inhibited a lot of play around him, since everytime you wanted to do something you had to keep stopping, making chasing near impossible.

3. Will he still question why his roger is so jolly?