Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shreyk

01-18-2014

ITT: People confusing the need for reworks with tuning and balance changes. And, thankfully, Riot showing that they have a much better grasp on which champs actually need reworks.

My question is, what is the current position on Fiddlesticks? Is there a rework in his future? Obviously, you can't get rid of Crowstorm (which is fortunately the least toxic and most easily balanced part of his kit), but the rest of his kit could probably be changed to tone down the toxicity and up his viability. Or are you happy with him as he is? Though I feel that relegates him to being forever underpowered, given the toxicity of his kit.

CynicalGiant

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We aren't looking to fundamentally change the way Darius plays. Overall we are trying to emphasize and focus on him as a real ramping threat. He builds up a little slower but if he gets rolling, his damage gets pretty insane. And as usual, we are looking for small adjustments to his abilities to increase readability and add more gameplay for opponents.
As long as Darius stays as a Lane Bully and can viably be a bully Jungler, I am fine with any rework he gets.

Calderweiss

01-18-2014

Why does darius need art resources?
He seems fine.

RakshirX

01-18-2014

More Rengar news, please. There's a veritable legion of disgruntled Rengar fans that have been waiting eagerly for rework news/release for months. We've been teased with ideas and changes and promised updates from Scarizard's posts on the subject for eons. There's a ton of suggestions and chat on that thread from us, so please read it over.

NeoSeraphi

01-18-2014

What about item reworks? We're still waiting on Last Whisper and Void Staff to be changed. Catalyst, Hexdrinker, and Phage all have only one item that builds out of them, and Executioner's Calling does need an update to be viable.

Also, what's up with the Grevious Wounds talking I've been hearing lately? Are you guys going to just flat out take healing reduction out of the game? If you do that, I'd hope that lifesteal gets nerfed, it's already enough of a pain to deal with.

Destradoz

01-18-2014

My issue with reworks is when you fundamentally change how a champ is played. The champ is no longer anything like it used to be except by name. It might as well have been a new champ.

There are a number of champs that I used to play that have been reworked or are going to be reworked to be absolutely different to what they used to be. What's the point of playing it past the rework? I'm not going to stick to playing something because of what it's name is.

Krshna

01-18-2014

Oo finally attention for Darius and Gangplank! Nice!

Btw, they said Gangplank's ult is still there, oranges still there, I really think Parrrley will still be there. So I'm guessing it's Raise Morale that's biting the dust. Also since it's just a steroid, adding a bunch of "hard to appreciate power" that doesn't really add any gameplay. Kind of like Warwick's Hunter's Call that's getting axed in his rework.

bodhi

01-19-2014

hmm

WizzadDeBz

01-19-2014

Thoughts on Teemo? Made a whole thread discussing my opinion of Teemo's current kit and how terrible it is to play against. The synergy of the abilities in his kit make it such that it's hard to interact with him in top lane as a melee fighter and he feels more unhealthy than jayce, elise, or kennen ever were.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2014

any chance we'll see zenon back doing some casting he was my favorite caster back when i started watching lcs