Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Why do we do reworks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nemesisND1derboy

Junior Member

01-18-2014

@ZenontheStoic

Any chance there's someone taking a look at Fiora? She's my favourite champion, but she's definitely in need of some love from Riot.

Her passive, while powerful in some situations, isn't really all that interesting, is kind of underwhelming and could just be replaced with something better.

Riposte is a great idea, but it dealing magic damage (I kind of understand why, but still) and not blocking on-hit effects is pretty poor. Could definitely do with some modernisation. Just make it sexier I guess.

If I had to suggest something, I'd say mover her E attack speed and move speed boost to her passive in some form, remove the damage from riposte and drastically lower its cooldown, and give her a new E, maybe something like an active that gives her a scaling % damage boost for x seconds, to really reinforce her as a duelist.

Alternatively make her more assassin-y.

---------

Anyway, just a "hot or cold" would be appreciated


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lovely Pants

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Quote:
Riot GMang:
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.


So what I'm getting is you're restoring his glorious hair tendrils of awkwardly indeterminable origin from his original art and having him use said tendrils to flail his opponents as his new crit animation, correct?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Farsight

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Say, what are your thoughts on LeBlanc? People hate playing against her due to her capacity of insta-killing someone... and yet she currently has one of worst win rates in the game, at 44%, having a mere 43% win rate at diamond. I know she saw picks at lcs, but are you guys at Riot satisfied with how she is right now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Quote:
Riot GMang:
Don't worry he still binges on citrus. He's still Gangplank. Maybe even more Gangplank.


Citrus Shower as Gangplank's new R confirmed!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HawtPockets

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Quote:
RiotScruffy:
We're working on some more Taric changes that I think you will like. A new ultimate to be more specific.


I know this is old news, but I didn't see any red posts about this:

Why is Taric's ult getting changed again? It seems to be rock steady. Instead, could he get his old passive back (mana per hit)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ur 0s Pwn

Senior Member

01-18-2014

ANything on shaco like whats getting changed or any idea how soon it will be here or hear things about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Quote:
ZenonTheStoic:
Irelia - Coldish. I think we need to spend some more time thinking about what we want bruisers to be.

Akali - Cold. I feel she's in a decent place. Her dueling potential may be too high, but in team fights enemies have tools to control her. She benefited a little from the removal of oracle's, but it's not the end of the world (note that in the Voyboy game today we saw an Akali snowball crazy out of control. Any champion is going to be a problem at 11/0)

Gangplank - Hot hot hot. RiotGMang is working on a rework that has us all very excited. He very much keeps his global cannon barrage ult and gets one very cool new ability that I don't want to spoil. GMang will talk about it when he's ready. However I still think the rework needs more treasure.

Darius - Reasonably hot. We have a rework that sort of got 90% of the way there. We want to position Darius as a teamfight time bomb (get to max stacks bleed and dunk fools). One of our brilliant interns worked on this last year and RiotScruffy finished it up. It's currently mothballed as we wait for art resources (there are other reworks that are much higher on the list in terms of art). Scruffy himself can probably talk more about this. Personally I enjoyed jungling the new Darius a LOT in our internal playtests.



Thanks for the response, I appreciate it, although I am really sad to hear that nothing is being done for Irelia still. She is really the reason that I'm playing other games right now, I can't stand the state she is in. Good to hear someone is doing something for GP and Darius though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artifictional

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Quote:
ZenonTheStoic:
Irelia - Coldish. I think we need to spend some more time thinking about what we want bruisers to be.

Akali - Cold. I feel she's in a decent place. Her dueling potential may be too high, but in team fights enemies have tools to control her. She benefited a little from the removal of oracle's, but it's not the end of the world (note that in the Voyboy game today we saw an Akali snowball crazy out of control. Any champion is going to be a problem at 11/0)

Gangplank - Hot hot hot. RiotGMang is working on a rework that has us all very excited. He very much keeps his global cannon barrage ult and gets one very cool new ability that I don't want to spoil. GMang will talk about it when he's ready. However I still think the rework needs more treasure.

Darius - Reasonably hot. We have a rework that sort of got 90% of the way there. We want to position Darius as a teamfight time bomb (get to max stacks bleed and dunk fools). One of our brilliant interns worked on this last year and RiotScruffy finished it up. It's currently mothballed as we wait for art resources (there are other reworks that are much higher on the list in terms of art). Scruffy himself can probably talk more about this. Personally I enjoyed jungling the new Darius a LOT in our internal playtests.


So, how about that nerf to Rammus? I'm not talking about his taunt, I'm talking about his Defensive Ball Curl no longer being abble to be toggled off, and us being told that its somehow a QoL buff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fettimus

Senior Member

01-18-2014

Quote:
Artifictional:
So, how about that nerf to Rammus? I'm not talking about his taunt, I'm talking about his Defensive Ball Curl no longer being abble to be toggled off, and us being told that its somehow a QoL buff

Yeah it cant be toggled off but why would you want to? To reduce its Cooldown you will say.....Well guess what its cooldown starts as soon as you activate it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arwingflyer98

Recruiter

01-18-2014

Quote:
ZenonTheStoic:
I agree that Talon could really use a rework, but no one is currently working on him.

If a rework on Talon DOES happen, plz don't change him too much if it isn't any trouble, I play him pretty often, and I like where he is (some may disagree).