Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marisa

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Darius - Reasonably hot. We have a rework that sort of got 90% of the way there. We want to position Darius as a teamfight time bomb (get to max stacks bleed and dunk fools). One of our brilliant interns worked on this last year and RiotScruffy finished it up. It's currently mothballed as we wait for art resources (there are other reworks that are much higher on the list in terms of art). Scruffy himself can probably talk more about this. Personally I enjoyed jungling the new Darius a LOT in our internal playtests.
What's the forecast on the state of Darius's ulti in this new iteration? Will it be able to fully reset given certain conditions? That is to say, can we expect the core of the champion to remain similar? Or will he have fundamental changes?

NA Darklarik

01-18-2014

Renekton?

Thanatos Noa

01-18-2014

ZenonTheStoic,

Any word on Talon?
The guy has a boring kit, niche role, and worst off - his theme has already been done
*Blade assassin? katarina
*AD Caster? Pantheon, Zed, Kha'Zix all do it better
*Anti-Mage? Hello Kassadin

Jolan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2014

May I ask if there's anything on Mordekaiser?

He's been out of the spotlight since Season 2.
No nerfs, no buffs, no new skins, no picks, no bans, nobody talks about him even in meme form.

Is there anything planned for a character who's faded entirely into obscurity?

ozyIceMaN

01-18-2014

i don't know if this is your department specifically, but it was mentioned by a rioter awhile back that ryze already has a model finished for a VU...any news on when we might expect that?

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

01-18-2014
16 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos Noa View Post
ZenonTheStoic,

Any word on Talon?
The guy has a boring kit, niche role, and worst off - his theme has already been done
*Blade assassin? katarina
*AD Caster? Pantheon, Zed, Kha'Zix all do it better
*Anti-Mage? Hello Kassadin
I agree that Talon could really use a rework, but no one is currently working on him.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2014

what happened to the jayce rework? is he still being worked on? i like how he is right now

DeathByWaffle

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
what happened to the jayce rework? is he still being worked on? i like how he is right now
IIRC, they scrapped that.

CynicalGiant

01-18-2014

I feel like if you did anything to Pantheon it should be rewording of his E tooltip and some Total AD rebalancing on his E scaling. Possibly even make it so its 100% against Monsters so Jungle is a lot more viable in general rather than just being a cheese in LCS.

Pantheon's E currently lists non champion damage first as the default and then says "Double to Champions" compared to every other ability that does the opposite.

PHYSICAL DAMAGE PER STRIKE: 13 / 23 / 33 / 43 / 53 (+ 60% bonus AD)

PHYSICAL DAMAGE PER STRIKE VS CHAMPIONS: 26 / 46 / 66 / 86 / 106 (+ 120% bonus AD)

Also, why is the Execute passive on his E and not his Q? It doesnt apply to his E in any way so why does he have to wait to get until he gets E? I feel like this alone would be a huge buff for Pantheon. Mostly a buff to his early Jungle clear.

MackleDoge

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
I agree that Talon could really use a rework, but no one is currently working on him.

Ummm, let's calm down here maybe? Just because Talon is fringe or a niche pick doesn't mean he is bad. I've seen Talon carry games and carried a few myself as him. He might be in need of a bit of love, I'll give you that, but I personally really like his kit and have fun playing him. My personal opinion on this matter of course, but I thought I'd throw it out there.