Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CakeandBacon

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Want to pop in and explain our stance on global ultimates a bit more since we haven't been very clear about it in the past. The historical problems we've had with those ultimates have always been global moves that transport the character physically to the location.

The reason for this is that once your character has the ability to move globally you are to apply 100% of your characters power anywhere on the map which means they inherently cannot be as powerful as normal champions. To be balanced they need to be so weak that they can't even compete with other champions toe to toe, which generally leads to a very unsatisfying play experience.

Having an ability with a global range however allows a character to transfer a percentage, even a fairly large percentage, of their power to impact other parts of the map or fights. This can create really exciting moments, encourages teamplay, and is overall is a very satisfying and healthy mechanic. This is why we haven't removed the global range or had any real issues with ultimates like Gangplank's Cannon Barrage or Ashe's ECA but have had a lot of balancing issues with Twisted Fates Gate and Pantheon's Targoneian ManDrop.
Does this mean that Shen's ult (Stand United) is going to get the axe soon?

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

I'll be honest, I don't understand why you reworked Xerath. The old one was fine, it had its small dedicated player base. The champ was fun. The new one, not really. And not just that, I mean...Xerath? There are a lot of other champions who could have used this attention before him.

Get Lucky

01-16-2014

I'm dying for news on Viktor's Rework

I'd be fine if they moved his passive to take up the trinket spot, its already super similar with buying upgrades and such

I'd love to see his Q passively grant you the shield till you use it. (It'd disappear as soon as you hit the enemy champion or just go on cd if an enemy pops it)

Just these 2 things would be very very nice, he'd barely need any other buffs

Aloofity

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
I'll answer in terms of team priorities to rework not release date since everything is always subject to change.

Zilean - Room Temperature - Not in the near future, but folks want to work on him
Sion - Boiling - This is still really early on but he's the Champion the team is most excited to work on.
Urgot - Room Temperature - Will happen but not short term
Poppy - Warm - Strong desire to do this from the team but is behind Sion in priority
Mantheon - Cold - Pretty low priority for a rework, his gameplay is in a decent spot and his theme is cool.
Kassadin - Hot (Though much smaller scope than a full rework - you guys have prob already seen these changes on PBE)
Udyr - True Ice Cold - Udyr is a boss, no plans for a rework
You've been reworking bruisers, and releasing almost exclusively squishy champs since Aatrox and Zac. Why's that?

BattlecastPeanut

01-16-2014

So dear RIOTers, Where is that Viktor rework we were promised back in 2012? People are whining that some champs take weeks to hear anything about (*cough cough* Rengar), Well we have been waiting for this waaay longer.

Ps. Is Solcrushed dead? Have not seen him be..well.. Alive for quite a few months now.

TheFallenAngel09

01-17-2014

I do know that everyone is excited about the champions with tons of dmg properties but what about the ones that can't defend themselves ?

Is there anything in store for Sona ? As of right now she doesn't fit at all. Her ultimate is strong as always but it's nothing compared to Annie. Her poke + sustain is nice but it's nothing compared to Nami with a hard cc before 6. Her lack of escape, squishiness and not so long range is not a unique trait but everyone has something to compensate for it (hard CC before six/more dmg/etc.)

Her auras seem to be on the weak side - Don't get me wrong I love her auras and think they're cool and meanigful but because of them she has to have lower "active power"

As it is right now she has fallen from a prominent pick to never picked (at least as I saw in LCS).

Anything to remedy this or at least any changes for her ? The scaling on AP is lackluster for her too cuz she can get like literally what ? More dmg (which is still supbar to others), a better slow that makes her almost facecheck the team with her aa, a better speed buff (that one's nice but it was nerfed to compensate soo it's not that noticable) and some healing (which was always the case, nothing changed). Because she has to buy AP to get even with her utility compared to what she had she can't afford to buy anything tanky...

Your thoughts ? What about other supports ? I'm not soo interested in Taric cuz I find him rather weak/dull and u already said there are some changes in store for him (ult). What about the Sona, Alistar and maybe Lulu (she's great now but wondering what's your point of view) ? And a little "offtop". Is there anything in store for Karma as a support or will she stay the way she is ?

SwagYoloSex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2014

Focus a character into a more unique role - If the opportunity is available, we would like for all characters to bring unique value and gameplay to their team

^ Where was this when you people re-worked Karma into a run of the mill AP mage from her previous really unique design and game play?

Oh wait. lol you're Riot! <-- snide remark. Thanks for trashing Unique Karma.

Nielspeterdejong

01-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I've personally picked up the Rengar rework from Scarizard and I'll get a new thread going with the updated changes soon.
Alright, great!

Do you still have all the notes from Scarizard? Last time he posted he did mention that he was very passionate about making Rengar's ultimate fun and usefull. I hope this will be the same with your rework?

Also.. could you please unnerf empowered Roar? They alraedy removed the bonus Mr/Armor, and after the recent nerf his heal is useless.. :C Serieusly, his heal was what still made him viable since he doesn't have gap closers (except when you are in bushes.. whose number has been cut in half in summoners rift!) and all the previous nerfs. I don't think it's fair, there are a lot more champions out there who are much more rewarding for the same amount of effort you put into Rengar, and a lot more powerfull as well!

If you want to nerf it, why not 20 (+15/level), along with the 1% increase for every 1% health missing. That way it is still viable to use when you are low on health in combat, while right now people just use empowered Q because with a lifesteal item that has a much higher chance to save you now. Which is a shame, since I feel having a more viable empowered Roar (and Bola), would give him much more of a dynamic playstyle, and reward people for playing him right. And at higher health left it would not heal him too much.

Or give his empowered Roar a dodge chance/shield to him? And his Empowered Bola skillshot, why not give that the option to reactivate and pull the target to Rengar? After which the immobilization ends. This way Rengar players can decide to either keep him immobilized, or pull the target to him so that he doesn't have to jump right into a group and hope he can take out the carry before he gets slaughtered. Would such ideas be optional?

gulgolet2000

01-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmobileChaosBot View Post
I KNOW WHO YOU ARE... ANNIE! I KNOW YOU MET VEL'KOZ. DON'T DENY!
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...creenshots.jpg

WereAssassin

01-17-2014

Someone mentions Karma and the redposts disappear.