Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RakshirX

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Generally I can't answer things about dates (many are just not finalized yet). I will make sure to get out an updated Rengar changelist within a week, yell at me if I don't.
Good sir, there's an enormous thread that was started by Scarizard, all about Rengar, with tons of additional suggestions by hard-core Rengar fans, here Please take the time to look over what many have already said and what we want.

From my point of view, Rengar has been Ultra-Nerfed to the point of becoming unviable, mostly in the jungle. This most recent nerfing was over the top and inexcusable, and there was no warning to us who've held a vigil at that above thread I posted. The general feeling is one of anger, disappointment, and betrayal, at how our favorite "knife-cat" is being mismanaged. Whatever you do to him, I hope you keep his mechanics as similar to now as possible, and the incoming balance changes are considered a 'buff'. He needs it.

Brale Bane Power

01-16-2014

I see Rumble is still totally ignored by players and even designers.... Almost 3years without a single skin..... Thanks very much for ignoring him. We dont want a better game, we just want another skin for teemo..

ShadowCleave212

01-16-2014

Even though a simple artwork update is really the only thing a lot of these champions need in my opinion.

Pilige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
Gangplank's ult is not the type of global ult that Morello was referring to. Morello was talking about the global passive ults that are very powerful but hard to appreciate, thus making them hard to balance. Gangplank's ult is global but it has both gameplay (avoid the damage) and it is easy to appreciate.
It's so easy to avoid damage from Gangplank's ult, you can do it while standing inside of it...

Seriously, GP needs a lot of work. He had one of the original reworks just to get nerfed into the ground and should be a much higher priorty than he is. GP players ahve been waiting since Beta to see a fix to his problems.

AkuenOCe

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakshirX View Post
Good sir, there's an enormous thread that was started by Scarizard, all about Rengar, with tons of additional suggestions by hard-core Rengar fans, here Please take the time to look over what many have already said and what we want.

From my point of view, Rengar has been Ultra-Nerfed to the point of becoming unviable, mostly in the jungle. This most recent nerfing was over the top and inexcusable, and there was no warning to us who've held a vigil at that above thread I posted. The general feeling is one of anger, disappointment, and betrayal, at how our favorite "knife-cat" is being mismanaged. Whatever you do to him, I hope you keep his mechanics as similar to now as possible, and the incoming balance changes are considered a 'buff'. He needs it.
From one disgruntled player to another I know your feels. I always dreaded what Scaryzard would do to Rengar after how he gutted my beloved Karma.

MidoriKatsu

01-16-2014

What about Miss Fortune?
Will her hair ever be updated?
Will her model ever be updated?
Will she get a better E ability?
Will her passive always be interrupted by a single creep attack?

Brale Bane Power

01-16-2014

Why you downvote for what I have said about a champion ( Rumble )? He got nothing since his release, three years ago? Dont you want a more balanced game? Some more attractive champion? Not see always the same champion? So wake up!

UNSC Redoubtable

01-16-2014

I think Ashe needs a rework or at least some kind of tweaks. here are my thoughts on things that could change to make her a little better. Take a look and let me know if any of it would be a good thing.

Passive-Focus
When Ashe has 100 stacks of Focus her next basic attack will gain an additional 150 units of range and her next basic attack will critically strike.

(I feel this would better suit Ashe so that she doesnít risk trading blows when her passive is up or waste time trying to hit an enemy staying out of range.)

Q-Frost Shot
While active each of Ashes basic attacks slow her targets by 10/15/20/25/30%. Frost Shotís slow can stack with Volley and Enchanted Crystal Arrow.
(I think that such a change would give Ashe a greater chance of escape.)

W-Volley
Ashe fires 7 arrows in a cone, piercing and dealing Magic Damage to each target hit. Each arrow will only damage the first target hit and slow all others by 5/10/15/20/25% for 1 second.

(The change from Physical Damage to Magic Damage would be nice to give Ashe more of a burst early game. Since most ADCís donít take Magic Resist Runes. I also feel that the slow could help Ashe to capitalize on an enemy champion hiding behind minions. )

R-Enchanted Crystal Arrow
Ashe fires a giant arrow in a straight line leaving a fine layer of frost in which Ashe and allies can ride on to gain an additional 20/30/40% movement speed. If it hits an enemy champion, it will deal 300/450/600 in magic damage and stun that champion for 1-3.5 second(s), based on the distance the arrow traveled. Additionally, enemies within a 250 radius of the impact take half the damage and are slowed by 50% for 3 seconds.

(Additional movement speed to Ashe's Ult could help her or allies better capitalize on a long distant Snipe.)

I feel that these changes to her Passive, Frost Shot and Volley would give Ashe a little more room for escape and poke.
Those are just my thoughts. I have no clue about her E- Hawk Shot and how it could be put to better use, other than reducing the CD, and maybe costing no mana. IDK i really donít know.

SirKillsLot

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
I'll answer in terms of team priorities to rework not release date since everything is always subject to change.

Zilean - Room Temperature - Not in the near future, but folks want to work on him
Sion - Boiling - This is still really early on but he's the Champion the team is most excited to work on.
Urgot - Room Temperature - Will happen but not short term
Poppy - Warm - Strong desire to do this from the team but is behind Sion in priority
Mantheon - Cold - Pretty low priority for a rework, his gameplay is in a decent spot and his theme is cool.
Kassadin - Hot (Though much smaller scope than a full rework - you guys have prob already seen these changes on PBE)
Udyr - True Ice Cold - Udyr is a boss, no plans for a rework
How about Nautilus?! I cant recall the last time I've played him because his kit is in major need of a rework. He falls off hard as the game progresses

CheapShotter

01-16-2014

Quote:
I can confirm that deceive is not removed in Shaco's rework. It's actually going very well so far, and we might be able to share and discuss those changes pretty soon.

If the new Shaco's Deceive doesn't quite make the cut, may i share with you something that I personally think is awesome, so shaco would stealth for 3-4 seconds upon activating, while stealthed he could choose to blink to a target (or not), if he does, he would end up right behind them, and his next basic attack would either critically strike, do bonus damage or gain flat armour penetration, I haven't really thought of that part so much yet.

so what do you think??? pretty awesome?