Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

01-16-2014

Can you ask Scarizard when hes going to update the Rengar Thread? Is his Rework dead?

Kerrusaurus

01-16-2014

Speaking of Reworks, is it possible to revert them? I feel like it's possible.

FatedTitan

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
I'll answer in terms of team priorities to rework not release date since everything is always subject to change.

Zilean - Room Temperature - Not in the near future, but folks want to work on him
Sion - Boiling - This is still really early on but he's the Champion the team is most excited to work on.
Urgot - Room Temperature - Will happen but not short term
Poppy - Warm - Strong desire to do this from the team but is behind Sion in priority
Mantheon - Cold - Pretty low priority for a rework, his gameplay is in a decent spot and his theme is cool.
Kassadin - Hot (Though much smaller scope than a full rework - you guys have prob already seen these changes on PBE)
Udyr - True Ice Cold - Udyr is a boss, no plans for a rework

But Zilean, visually, doesn't look bad. And the only part of his kit that really needs to be reworked is a change to his passive that makes it viable. The rest of his kit is fun and clutch.

NA Darklarik

01-16-2014

Quote:
I'll answer in terms of team priorities to rework not release date since everything is always subject to change.

THANK YOU. When i read Udyr on the dude's list i wanted to punch him. Im watching Trick2g while i surf the forums if anyone thinks udyr is bad go watch him and freaking LEARN.

Ammostorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Anything on the Viktor front?

HBAFreightTrain

01-16-2014

I remember Gangplank was originally scheduled to be reworked directly after Heimerdinger...and that rework was supposed to happen a lot sooner than it did. Why did Gangplank suddenly go from very soon to not even on the list for this upcoming year?

HEXXEN9x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Does twitch have any changes coming for him in these plans ?

Eyrgos

01-16-2014

Quote:

Bump to Warm plox.

• Also what do you think about this below?

People have been begging for polish on Gangplank for ages, may we please have a word? I humbly ask you.

And IMHO--I beg to differ--Gangplank's ultimate has very little counter play if he is skilled enough to a) time it properly & b) places it appropriately.

A GP can consistently win duo bot lane trades for his team with ease, it's ridiculously frustrating & effectively match-breaking.

A smart GP will watch a fight break out in bot lane, see mobility CD's get blown, & respond with practically a free win for his partners.

I think the range should be cut by a quarter of the map or radius reduced in favor of more consistent interior damage procs.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gangplank.

While we're here, I'd like to also mention I think Fiddlesticks shouldn't have 'as great' of a "Flash effect" on his ultimate... this too gets absurd. When a Fiddle casts his Ultimate then uses his Flash, he can jump an entire screen's length & it's extremely frustrating. There's nigh little-no counter play to this. Sure he blows his flash but this can practically result on a free kill as well. Perhaps if he had reduced movement during his Ult or the Flash effects range dramatically decreased.

Delicious Smores

01-16-2014

Honestly I despise the Xerath rework. I loved becoming a pillar of power that extended all of my abilities' ranges significantly. It required knowing when and where to monolith up. This rework makes him feel like any other mage, just with a Ziggs ult x3. He's boring and cookie cutter now.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the stun combo was pretty damn boring though. I like the Q change, and I like the stun change. I dislike the loss of the pillar of power. I still think the iteration of his rework where his R was his pillar was the best.

Critkeeper

01-16-2014

Quote:

Zilean - Room Temperature - Not in the near future, but folks want to work on him
Sion - Boiling - This is still really early on but he's the Champion the team is most excited to work on.
Poppy - Warm - Strong desire to do this from the team but is behind Sion in priority
Mantheon - Cold - Pretty low priority for a rework, his gameplay is in a decent spot and his theme is cool.
Kassadin - Hot (Though much smaller scope than a full rework - you guys have prob already seen these changes on PBE)
Do I place anywhere on this metric? Tryndamere is fine powerwise but he also exhibits characteristics that motivated the upcoming rework of poppy.