Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heek

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
I've personally picked up the Rengar rework from Scarizard and I'll get a new thread going with the updated changes soon.
You talk about reworking to maximize champion potential yet the recent changes to Evelynn destroyed her ability to play mid.

AwesomeGuy09

01-16-2014

Quote:
I've personally picked up the Rengar rework from Scarizard and I'll get a new thread going with the updated changes soon.
Can we ignore Rengar, and look at a more pressing issue, It's called reworking Gangplank, a champ that hasn't been viable since never. or the dawn of time, idk pick one.

ink lines

01-16-2014

Why do we do reworks?

Because it is in our nature.

Thanatos Noa

01-16-2014

So...does this mean Talon gets a rework?

The champion's kit is bland (there's no choices, no counter play, just W->E-Q->R).

In his niche role he's out performed (AD assassin? Take Zed, or Kha'Zix).

His "theme" is also lacking.
*Knife assassin? Meet Katarina
*AD Mage? Pantheon, Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven, etc
*Anti-Mage? Kassadin, to an extent also Malzahar and Soraka

This guy doesn't really sell to anything, I really like the "idea" behind him but..he doesn't live up to ANY fantasy, be it gameplay, mechanic or visual.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
We want assassins as a role to exist. Specifically these are high mobility champions with low defenses that try to opportunely get on to high priority enemy targets and take them out quickly. The main things that we generally thing can define a healthy assassin are that

1. The enemy has some gameplay or opportunity to avoid the incoming assassin damage.
2. There is a long enough combat window for the enemy to react and try to escape before they die.
I feel Akali fell into this situation multiple times. Any news you can share about her? I'd hope she'd see a rework soon, even if it wasn't a major overhaul.

Archæ

01-16-2014

Warwick Rework?

X1zz3l

01-16-2014

Quote:
I'll take that as a promise, thanks for the response Scruffy, appreciating it!

Tadrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
What?! Okay well please keep us in the loop, I've been doing all kinds of forum searching for tidbits since he said "Be on the lookout for the upcoming thread, where we'll have everything up to date."

I'm excited to see Rengar come back for more then just a triple Q threat phase he's in right now!

DemiluniS

01-16-2014

Quote:
We want assassins as a role to exist. Specifically these are high mobility champions with low defenses that try to opportunely get on to high priority enemy targets and take them out quickly. The main things that we generally think can define a healthy assassin are that

1. The enemy has some gameplay or opportunity to avoid the incoming assassin damage.
2. There is a long enough combat window for the enemy to react and try to escape before they die.
You consider leblanc a healthy assasin or she might need some work?
Not really complaining about her, just think you could execute her theme better

Risotadazo

01-16-2014

I don't know what the new taric ult will be, but I do think it's a pity that the few champions who could apply ap steroids seem to be losing them. First Lulu and now Taric?

Aura carrier has always been one of Taric's main roles, and his ult was the epitome of that. I await the changes with hope, but also with apprehension.