Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CSDragon

Senior Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We're working on some more Taric changes that I think you will like. A new ultimate to be more specific.
Noooooooo

Taric is fine

His ult is GOOD

It's one of the few auras left in league -_-

Hasn't Taric been reworked enough already?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Malevolence

Senior Member

01-16-2014

And the reason you're reworking Rengar is because he's trash who should've never been released.
But you can't just delete him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chris Green

Senior Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotscruffy View Post
we're working on some more taric changes that i think you will like. A new ultimate to be more specific.
noooooooooo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

utDOOM

Junior Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
And the reason you're reworking Rengar is because he's trash who should've never been released.
But you can't just delete him.
Hes not trash....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neofederalist

Senior Member

01-16-2014

How many fighters would you say are candidates for reworks? I'm looking at Xin Zhao and Irelia in particular. They're basically the same champion: Dash, situational CC, damage amplification, Armor reduction/True damage, a little bit of sustain, and an AOE ult. They play pretty much the same in lane and in teamfights, are built pretty much identically. Basically the only difference between the two is that Xin is sometimes seen in the jungle, whereas Irelia almost always lanes.

How would you differentiate these two characters in particular? Neither of them have a particularly strong fantasy that they fulfill when players play them (unlike other fighters like Jarvan, Renekton, Jax, or Riven).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat bruh Sheldo

Member

01-16-2014

If you can almost tell us about shaco, you SHOULD be able to tell us about viktor and his passive..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Back2Normals

Junior Member

01-16-2014

Are you working on the Shaco rework? plz give info.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-16-2014
8 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
Hey Scruffy,
What are your future plans for the assassin class? It kind of feels like they are going to all have to be reworked or are all eventually just going to be nerfed out of competetitive play. I want my favorite class to be strong but every time they are they get nerfed without even breaking a fifty percent win rate. Are you allowed to talk about this at all?
We want assassins as a role to exist. Specifically these are high mobility champions with low defenses that try to opportunely get on to high priority enemy targets and take them out quickly. The main things that we generally think can define a healthy assassin are that

1. The enemy has some gameplay or opportunity to avoid the incoming assassin damage.
2. There is a long enough combat window for the enemy to react and try to escape before they die.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Nekko

Senior Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Our goal is to make the kit fit the champion more, not less. One of the first things that we do when starting a rework is say "what is this champion about?" "what is their role?" "what are their strengths and weaknesses?" Then from that we try to improve the kit in a direction that further supports the identity of the champion.
While on the subject of the Karma rework, don't you think there should be a line on how far a rework goes? I mean the Karma rework was just so drastic that it changed the champion herself at her very core. All four of her skills were either gutted completely or drastically altered so that they do not resemble their original purpose at all. Her E may have retained the shield bomb, but the damage reduction and added utility changed its purpose from a clutch save/burst/poke tool to a strict engage/disengage tool, the damage is often only an afterthought at best. Her mantra changed so that instead of being a tool reserved to use at the right times, it's just "spam it when it's up, then be aggressive to get it back up"

Gameplay wise she was changed from a champion who revolved around balancing together her utility and her offense, but now her gameplay is all about aggression, constant poking, and being as violent as she can be, which totally plays against the original "diplomat first, warrior second" Style that was the core of her character.

Long story short, Karma's not Karma anymore, and that's a problem. Which is why I consider the Karma rework the worst of the lot, despite her win/pick rates improving (after 4 consecutive hard buffs)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-16-2014
9 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1zz3l View Post
How is the Rengar rework going? Scarizard actually promised a new discussion thread about him like 6 weeks ago - no response yet. I'm really getting annoyed by the fact that his rework was said to be here "soon" when he's apparently not even remotely close to being finished...

For reference: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...82591#43682591
I've personally picked up the Rengar rework from Scarizard and I'll get a new thread going with the updated changes soon.