Trynd Counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

littleredrocket

12-29-2010

I'm looking for a few ideas on how to counter Tryndamere after level six and his ult has been picked up. I've tried a couple of champs; I'm a fan of support-healers, and I've tried with Soraka, Janna, and Kayle. The only true counter I've seen is Janna, due to the stun, the knockback with monsoon, and the inherent run speed boost.

With the other characters, though, I've run into a tough spot because I either can't push him back once he commits, or I can't keep his target alive long enough to survive the duration of endless rage.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mitigate his insane damage with a support?

I should add in this that I'm 9/0/21 support, using ghost / exhaust and clarity. Even with exhaust on him I still run into issues; though I generally use ghost on Janna, which keeps me alive (generally) but does nothing for my soon to be dead partner.

Forty Bass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2010

take exhaust and get armor. such as Thornmail

FaerellG

12-29-2010

He's fairly squishy, so he'll die fast. Good armor will help, and Thornmail will get him to 0 faster. After that, toss a DoT on him and focus your CC on him. Every second of CC is a second of him not making good use of Endless Rage.

Tokinatoor

12-30-2010

I have lost countless 3 v 3 matches because of some Trynd tearing up my team but there are a few ways I have found that dramatically f*ck him up.

Taunting, CC's, Slow's, Exhaust, Roots, Snares.

Rammus and Nunu are my favorite two champs to counter Trynd.

Rammus has high armor a great taunt and a slow.

Nunu buffs his buddies and has a constant move speed and attack speed slow.

Frozen Heart, Thornmail and suprisingly Frozen Mallet (slow effect) all are great options against Trynd.

Carados

12-30-2010

Don't let him farm for 20 minutes alone.

Redenbacher

12-30-2010

Also, play Rammus.

Wait for his ultimate, taunt him, and then run away from him in the opposite direction he would go to escape.

Fluffeh

12-30-2010

Not exactly efficent but when ever i fighta t rynd as ww i wait till he pops his ult, wait 2-3 secs then ult him. his ult goes down and i dps his 1hp to 0 without him being able to do anything

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

Ignite. Pop him with it 2 or 3 seconds after he uses his ult and there isn't a whole lot he can do about it.

smellsliketeens

12-31-2010

Pretty much use anything with stun.
Try has 2 direct counters basically, any sort of stun and rammus.
If you constantly stun him, he will be gone in no time, especially in early-mid game as he relies a lot on the lvl 6 to 12 to gank and get higher to become a real threat.
Also remember that Try relies heavily on just melee, so using thornmail, slows, or rammus(effect similar to thornmail) will pretty much make him null. Also remember that try oly does well in 3vs3, so if he is in a 5vs5, stun spam on him.

biomorph

12-31-2010

Rammus, Poppy, Morgana are three great champions that can almost neutralize Tryndamere, Rammus in particular. Rammus taunt and bump/snare really messes up Tryndamere since he never gets to hit the targets he wants and given time enough to do so. Usually He either dies or spins out of battle having done very little to no damage to key targets. The key thing is to burst him so he gets low and force him to use is ulti, CC him and then depending on what he does (stays or runs) you either kill him or ignore him.
Thornmail is good to get him low but he still has his ulti so thornmail is nowhere near enough to stop him.