Request a name change (If possible)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Simon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-29-2010

As you can see by the thread title I'm wondering if I can get a name change.

Here is the reason why

"I would like to request a name change due to my stupid name. I started this game for a little bit of fun with my friends, and my name was an inside joke; I really wasn't planning on playing League of Legends for as long as I have been. Due to complaints from other players in game, I've decided to message you myself rather than me getting banned without the chance to explain my story"

I did send an email through "http://www.riotgames.com/contact" This time last week and I still haven't had a reply. So I thought I would hit the forums up.

Thank you.

háani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2010

It is a first come first serve basis on the tickets. With the holidays and being backed up, it might take a while. So have patience and good luck with the name change x]

Shakurin

12-29-2010

Riot support has hundreds of tickets coming in daily, just sit in line and wait your turn. You'll get assigned a riot support staff member to your ticket, once it's assigned, just sit tight; they'll reply soon.

Keep updated on it here: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/requests

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-30-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yeah uh, we will get to it eventually. Given that its a somewhat offensive name, they will likely do this since we'd prefer not to have that name in the game.

Stexe

Adjudicator

12-30-2010

Remember to post what they change it to! Riot is always clever with their new names... I suggest: RichardDoctor or something similar.

havocfett

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Remember to post what they change it to! Riot is always clever with their new names... I suggest: RichardDoctor or something similar.
Thats probably what they were going to change it to anyways :P

Qwert

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Doctor Johnson?

Blorzor

12-30-2010

I too find 'doctor' to be horribly offensive. PROVE YOU EARNED THAT TITLE!

Yukuuo

03-30-2011

So if they do not find a better reason than what " Dr Simon " said, they may not change his summoner name?