Riot Would You Please Update Warwick

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Please do not touch Warwick except maybe visually. He is one of the most balanced champions there is and I do really well with him in many ways.

Zerglinator

01-16-2014

Will there be a VU with the rework?

Quartzmonkey

01-16-2014

I sure do love WW in ARAMs though.

LVNsNASmurf

01-16-2014

ZenonTheStoic, great reply, thank you for recognizing the inherent pain of the bruiser class of champions. But seriously, WW is a pain, I recently got my Olaf top wrecked by a WW who started mana pots and D ring.

I kept on thinking... I'm Olaf, and this dude is out vikinging me. WTF.

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNsNASmurf View Post
ZenonTheStoic, great reply, thank you for recognizing the inherent pain of the bruiser class of champions. But seriously, WW is a pain, I recently got my Olaf top wrecked by a WW who started mana pots and D ring.

I kept on thinking... I'm Olaf, and this dude is out vikinging me. WTF.
Olaf is a strong Warwick counter in lane. If you cant' beat him early before he has a few items, you are doing bad and should feel bad, very bad.

Solmyr

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Life steal on a fragile high damage kit is inherently broken.
I dunno if I would call it broken; the game has a lot of counters built in for that occasion already. There's thornmail that essentially negates the lifesteal, and stuns/blinds that prevent people from landing autoattacks long enough to be bursted down, not to mention all sorts of escapes, knockbacks, and soft CC that can keep you out of melee range if it's a melee champ doin' the lifestealing.

I have, however, always thought of Warwick as League's closest thing to a "drain-tank", a melee champion that derives his survivability from lifesteal rather than damage mitigation or health stacking. That's why all of his abilities are based upon either helping him stick to the target better (E and R) or help him lifesteal better (Q and W).

Sageoffire

01-16-2014

at the risk of causing an uproar ...

Darien from Gambit used WW twice sofar in the EULCS. he drew a WW ban in their third game.

Sure, WW could use some love but he is by NO MEANS underpowered or anything. Hes simply not shyv, rene, or mundo so "hes obviously weak". its the same deal with nearly every single champion, they arent "THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST picks", and because of that they are marked as "useless troll picks". there is nothign wrong with them, they are perfectly viable, people are just stupid

LVNsNASmurf

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrestricted PK View Post
Olaf is a strong Warwick counter in lane. If you cant' beat him early before he has a few items, you are doing bad and should feel bad, very bad.
Are you tripping? WW pulls lane to tower. WW then proceeds to farm under tower and heal away any trades with Eternal Thirst and Hungering Strike. You think he'd go OOM? Nope, thats what the mana pots and D ring are for. You can't dive him you're too squishy.

Finally their jungler turns up after 6, you get duressed, and murdered. (Also, their jungler was Xin, and knockups still effect ragnarok.)

BF123456789

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Also of note: this remake has NO release date. It could be three months, it could be six months, it could be a year. We'll release when we feel it's ready to be released.
Best answer I've ever read.

Doct0r Phil

01-16-2014

So, will WW be able to deal damage? Or is he just a giant meatbag now?

I love the idea of WW not caring, but if no one cares about his damage they won't focus him.

123456 ... 12