Riot Would You Please Update Warwick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elkington III

01-20-2014

I just hope Riot doesn't change him to the point where he feels like a completely different champion.

I hope it's more of an Udyr-style rework than an Olaf or Karma one.

Enigma Requiem

01-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkington III View Post
I just hope Riot doesn't change him to the point where he feels like a completely different champion.

I hope it's more of an Udyr-style rework than an Olaf or Karma one.
I dont think Udyr really changed at all in his rework, so I definitely dont want that.

Warwick, as he stands? is terrible. It hurts me to say, but he is flat out horrifically designed and problamatic on many, many levels. A lot of stuff needs to change. His spirit, however, needs to be preserved.

Riot would never take Blood Scent from us, nor the tele-glomp. I think we'll only benefit from this rework, even if its a Karma (it honestly SHOULD be a Karma level rework, imo >_>)

Mdaha

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
A healthy wolf will dip in and out of the enemy team, smartly using the tools at his disposal to create maximum havoc while always healing up just enough health to not die. The enemy either zones him out of his heal (indicating that his life steal needs to be gated; probably range gated, potentially build-up gated) or makes one coordinated effort to burst him down when he goes for a risky play. Either way, he doesn't single-handedly kill anyone, or if he does, it takes him 30 seconds. And he uses paws.
What was said here sounds like what Warwick does now, but you said it's "A Healthy Wolf". I'm curious if you mean it's healthy game play, or if it's your goal? I guess what I'm asking is what is your true goal for Warwick. You want him to be a tank with good disruption. He already is a good tank and has semi good disruption due to his ult and the fact that he is one of the higher damage dealing tanks(especially with Wit's End).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Note how in both videos Warwick gives zero ****s and the colour caster is reduced to giggling. That's what I want to do. I want to make colour casters giggle. Especially if they're me.
Now you are saying that is what you want, him to be fun to both play and watch, but he still does that. His problems as a hero isn't based in the later phase of the game where team fights happen. His problem is in early parts of the game where he is annoying to deal with in lane and has a rather weak jungle compared to other junglers due to his reliance on level 6 to gank.

Jaymoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2014

Thanks for taking a look at Warwick, ZenonTheStoic!

Warwick was one of the first champions I bought because the fantasy of being a werewolf is one that greatly appeals to me. They are agile, feral, and deadly. I did not play with Warwick for very long because he does not fulfill this fantasy very well.

Yes he gets an attack speed steroid and a movement speed steroid, and yes his ultimate has him mauling an opponent. In game I've only really felt impactful with him as a sustain tank instead of a damage dealer.

I would prefer Warwick to feel more like a werewolf. Most werewolves I know of in fiction are scary because they are about to cause you harm, not because it takes you a long time to harm them. Werewolf lore involves fits of rage, being empowered by moonlight, and a weakness to silver bullets. I've never heard of regeneration or life steal being part of werewolf lore.

I know this one would be a tough call for you, as most people associate Warwick with life steal. You could easily make Warwick into a kickass tank and tell me to play Rengar if I want to feel feral and agile. That'd be just fine. Both options have the potential to be really cool. It is just a matter of whether you want Warwick to feel like a werewolf or you want to preserve/improve the way he feels now.

Good luck with the rework!

junglerboy16

04-25-2014

Couldn't find a better place to post this, but I have some thoughts about the recently revealed prototype kit idea that Zenonthestoic posted for WW.

Passive changes: These look really great, and you seem to have handled the sustain vs damage change well, but could you potentially make the percent health scale for example, 1/2/3% on hit instead of flat 2%? It also seems like the stack fall off is a little too harsh because taking ten hits to reach max stacks and then losing them all in as little as 2.5 seconds seems too punishing, because ones cc in a team fight and your sustain will revert to a very minimal amount, possibly instead of having 4 stacks fall off every .4 seconds, try one stack every .2 second. Obviously, this is all speculation as nobody outside Riot has tried the new kit, otherwise it looks perfect.

Q changes: At first glance this looked like a HUGE nerf until I realized that it still had percent damage because of his passive, overall looks like a healthy change for the skill.

W changes: The AOE fear into slow seems like something that fits thematically with WW, looks like a good change. Maybe reduce the fear duration to .5 seeing as the slow scales with skill lvl, but imo, WW still needs an AS steroid somewhere in his kit because his sustain is so reliant on keeping up his ET stacks

E changes: I like that Blood scent has been kept as a passive, but granting vision of monsters as well seems imbalanced and unfair, especially in combination with the active. WW should have to use wards to counter-jungle just like everyone else. The active looks like it has really cool mechanics, but it kind of hard to visualize since we don't know how long we would have at the peak of the boomerang action to smitesteal or combo with W, but seems like a good active. If these changes go through, however, i feel like his E would be really overloaded in comparison to the rest of his kit.

R changes: IT FINALLY DOES DAMAGE! This looks like something that will finally revitalize his old skill. As to the possibility of using it as an escape, I believe that if you left it with a relatively large mana cost (not too outlandish a thought considering that you granted it so much more damage), it would do a better job of deterring its use as an escape tool rather than an attack tool than say, a long cool down halved when he hits a target, because this seems like it would be really punishing if WW misses (NOT FUN). Not to mention that I think it would be a rare thing to see a WW pass up such a potent damage spike in exchange for a small chance at escape, so maybe having a shortish range would help as well

Overall, looks like a great kit and cannot wait until I can see it in action, but there are a few small tweaks I'd like to sum up:
Passive, maybe make damage scale 1/2/3% instead of flat 2% and change stack fall off rate,
W and E, switch actives W would now do the exact same as stated for the E change, but instead of slowing enemies (redundant with the AOE fear slow imo) grants 10/15/20/25/30% AS +2/3/4/5/6% per enemy champion hit Max 20/30/40/50/60% AS (base plus five enemy champions hit)
E give back MS when not chasing marked enemies as well, one of his only decent escape tools, no more vision of large monsters, and active now the same as what you suggested for W (this reduces the front loaded feel of this spell and helps consolidate the utility portion of his kit into one place)
R looks great, but may have to tone down AP ratio a bit.

Great work so far and keep it up