Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Would You Please Update Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadows11123

01-15-2014

Riot i feel that ww needs an upgrade every other champion is getting upgrades. i main ww and i would like to see some new skins and some other visual upgrades along with maybe some updates to him overall. i love playing him but i also think with the new patches you should also take a look at upgrading him too

BillyisaBAMF

01-15-2014

I can support that but we are just "Junior Members" on the forum and don't have a shiny emblem. So no one cares.

Ternce

01-15-2014

It's been a long time since I've seen any Warwick Changes.

They need to give this guy something to improve his jungling speed, and his ability to gank before his ultimate since they clearly want Warwick to be a jungler, but have taken so much from him.

Like if they changed it so that his current E was just passive always, and activating it slowed and did damage in a circular radius. The reasons for being able to toggle it are all dead now anyway.

Troy242621

01-15-2014

He needs some buffs in a serious way. Low mobility sustain bruisers with meh CC isn't really much to look twice at, to say nothing of his mana issues.

He is obviously a jungler, and at one point he was THE jungler, but he clears slow as a*s and needs to clear quickly to get to 6. That's a horrible combination.

TL;DR: He's outclassed completely.

CynicalGiant

01-15-2014

ZenonTheStoic, the guy who made Lucian, is working on Warwick's update apparently. He has gave out some details for it on Twitter and said its 3-4 months out.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

01-16-2014

Hey guys!

I'm currently hard at work bringing you the updated Xerath. Once that's out the door, I'll focus my energies on the Warwick rework. We have tested some early experimental kits and gotten some very good early data points, particularly as to what feels "Warwicky" and what doesn't; what must we keep and what can we drop.

At the heart of the discussion of what Warwick should be lies a conversation about the role we refer to as "bruiser". Ryan "Morello" Scott, our Lead Content Designer, gave a great write-up on the problems of the role here:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44409164#44409164

The TL;DR is: Bruisers were a reaction to ADCs being too strong, and as a result they got all of the tools for all of the situations. This is deeply unhealthy for the game, and as our playerbase accrues more and more mastery with a particular bruiser kit, we have to continue nerfing that kit as its unbalanced strengths are brought to light (see: Irelia)

Personally I believe there are two main roles champions with no meaningful interaction at range (aka melees) can bring to the team: disruption and killing power. This means tanks/assassins (and the ill-defined melee ADC). I don't think there is room in between the two extremes for particularly healthy kits.

Warwick can go either way, but if we want life steal to be a meaningful mechanic on his new kit, I firmly believe he belongs in the former camp: tanks. Life steal on a fragile high damage kit is inherently broken. Go make a new account and play a triple Blood Thirster Master Yi (don't actually do this please; this is what we Germans refer to as a Gedankenexperiment, a thought experiment). You are either killed before your LS becomes meaningful--which is totally useless for your team--or you heal up faster than the enemy can burst you down, in which case you are now an unkillable god of slaughter. Great fun for you, reason to never ever play the game again for the enemy.

A healthy wolf will dip in and out of the enemy team, smartly using the tools at his disposal to create maximum havoc while always healing up just enough health to not die. The enemy either zones him out of his heal (indicating that his life steal needs to be gated; probably range gated, potentially build-up gated) or makes one coordinated effort to burst him down when he goes for a risky play. Either way, he doesn't single-handedly kill anyone, or if he does, it takes him 30 seconds. And he uses paws.

This is my guiding direction on the kit, and while we currently have a passive and four abilities, these are all very likely to change in the future, so there's not much of a point talking about them right now. Instead I would invite discussion about my direction: is this a Warwick you can see yourself playing? Specifically, here are two videos that guide me in remaking my most favourite jungler in League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRTOEjQtDg&t=19m15s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpzXIIM6Fk

Note how in both videos Warwick gives zero ****s and the colour caster is reduced to giggling. That's what I want to do. I want to make colour casters giggle. Especially if they're me.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

01-16-2014

Also of note: this remake has NO release date. It could be three months, it could be six months, it could be a year. We'll release when we feel it's ready to be released.

Slovakattack

01-16-2014

Sounds awesome. So, he'd be kind of like a tankier Vi, but with less all-in potential?

EDIT: Not even close, Rakier :P

Rackier

01-16-2014

Also of note: 2nd after red

Troy242621

01-16-2014

Quote:
ZenonTheStoic:
Hey guys!

I'm currently hard at work bringing you the updated Xerath. Once that's out the door, I'll focus my energies on the Warwick rework. We have tested some early experimental kits and gotten some very good early data points, particularly as to what feels "Warwicky" and what doesn't; what must we keep and what can we drop.

At the heart of the discussion of what Warwick should be lies a conversation about the role we refer to as "bruiser". Ryan "Morello" Scott, our Lead Content Designer, gave a great write-up on the problems of the role here:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44409164#44409164

The TL;DR is: Bruisers were a reaction to ADCs being too strong, and as a result they got all of the tools for all of the situations. This is deeply unhealthy for the game, and as our playerbase accrues more and more mastery with a particular bruiser kit, we have to continue nerfing that kit as its unbalanced strengths are brought to light (see: Irelia)

Personally I believe there are two main roles champions with no meaningful interaction at range (aka melees) can bring to the team: disruption and killing power. This means tanks/assassins (and the ill-defined melee ADC). I don't think there is room in between the two extremes for particularly healthy kits.

Warwick can go either way, but if we want life steal to be a meaningful mechanic on his new kit, I firmly believe he belongs in the former camp: tanks. Life steal on a fragile high damage kit is inherently broken. Go make a new account and play a triple Blood Thirster Master Yi (don't actually do this please; this is what we Germans refer to as a Gedankenexperiment, a thought experiment). You are either killed before your LS becomes meaningful--which is totally useless for your team--or you heal up faster than the enemy can burst you down, in which case you are now an unkillable god of slaughter. Great fun for you, reason to never ever play the game again for the enemy.

A healthy wolf will dip in and out of the enemy team, smartly using the tools at his disposal to create maximum havoc while always healing up just enough health to not die. The enemy either zones him out of his heal (indicating that his life steal needs to be gated; probably range gated, potentially build-up gated) or makes one coordinated effort to burst him down when he goes for a risky play. Either way, he doesn't single-handedly kill anyone, or if he does, it takes him 30 seconds. And he uses paws.

This is my guiding direction on the kit, and while we currently have a passive and four abilities, these are all very likely to change in the future, so there's not much of a point talking about them right now. Instead I would invite discussion about my direction: is this a Warwick you can see yourself playing? Specifically, here are two videos that guide me in remaking my most favourite jungler in League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRTOEjQtDg&t=19m15s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpzXIIM6Fk

Note how in both videos Warwick gives zero ****s and the colour caster is reduced to giggling. That's what I want to do. I want to make colour casters giggle. Especially if they're me.

. Riot's track record lately with reworks has been stellar. Hope the trend continues.