Are you an expert with data, have game design sense and want to join Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jens DV

01-15-2014

Dear Lyte, I'm sorry for bothering you as my business isn't with the job, but would you please take a look at this?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4188761

AntiSkillshot

01-15-2014

I wish. But, I wouldn't look forward to moving Cali if I was able to join Riot.

Not Commando Yi

01-15-2014

oracle database admin here

this sounds like sql queries and report generation which i could probably do part time from my desk here in toronto

let me know

Unversable13

The Council

01-15-2014

I am a scientist! Hire me!

oddcheater

01-15-2014

I wish I had to talent to work at Riot, but I am just mediocore league player.

Selph

01-15-2014

This posting looks like it was designed for me after I finish my Masters in Information Science in two years. :P Already got two bachelors in econ and math, and been working in data processing and manipulation for 5 years now. Sadly, I live in Michigan and the commute would be a bit extreme.

Good luck in your search!

lightdragoon88

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzen kuden View Post
what im hopeing is riot has the idea is "we would like you to have the degree, but if you can show you know what your doing...well WELCOME ABORD!" i might be wrong >.>

I hope you aren't wrong.

I do like looking at and working with data.

Name:  clip-art-illustration-of-orange-man-reviewing-business-chart-royalty-free.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  13.9 KB

ChaosLogan

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This person would work closely with Systems Designers like those on the Player Behavior team, so it would be more focused on questions related to insights and research into systems like Honor, Tribunal and Team Builder.

As a numbers person, one of the draws would be the opportunity to work with data on a massive scale and be a part of a team that works on bleeding edge research across a wide variety of disciplines including sociology, psychology, anthropology and more. You'd then be able to see how this research gets applied to our game design features!
So I have a Math degree, and do a lot of number crunching, spreadsheet mining, database querying in my current job. My fear is that I do not have the job experience with the particular set of tools (i.e. software) that you may be using in your data mining.

I can read and write certain code ok, but I definitely can do the Math to English translation well. My experience in Sociology, Psychology, and Anthropology are lacking other than what a college bachelor's would provide. Would you recommend a further look at this position with what I have posted above?

Goumindong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2014

How willing are you to ease up on the SQL/coding requirements and/or wait for those aspects to be trained/learned?

My degree is in economics, and i'm halfway into/out of a masters. Most of the work is in complex statistical applications and model building so it would fit pretty well; but I don't know SQL other than I am pretty sure you probably use it to generate datasets.

Vaekarion

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This person would work closely with Systems Designers like those on the Player Behavior team, so it would be more focused on questions related to insights and research into systems like Honor, Tribunal and Team Builder.

As a numbers person, one of the draws would be the opportunity to work with data on a massive scale and be a part of a team that works on bleeding edge research across a wide variety of disciplines including sociology, psychology, anthropology and more. You'd then be able to see how this research gets applied to our game design features!
SQL/MySQL experience help with the massive scale of data?