Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nunu - jungle theorycraft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

Recruiter

12-30-2009

this is meant for high level people, preferrably high elo.

starting item:
fairy charm
sight wardx2 (vision wardx1 if there is twitch or evelynn in the enemy group)
4x health potion

summoner spell:
smite + flash

early game:
ward dragon
do golem/liz with allies

if enemy does dragon, smite it and steal it.

afterwards, jungle using smite + consume. if there's an early gank, you get ice blast first but if there isn't, you get consume first.

consume + smite the regular golem/wolf pack/ghost pack.

always use consume to start your jungle battles, this is a good way to micro considering your limited health.

item build after jungling:
boots of speed -> mercury treads
catalyst -> banshee's veil

then flash -> ult -> ally kills.

Krald

12-30-2009

smiting to steal dragon is a dirty deed indeed...sounds nice

Gabrieth

12-30-2009

Yeah you need good timing and not be seen by enemy. If you fail you die ^^

holySpork

12-31-2009

Quote:
always use consume to start your jungle battles, this is a good way to micro considering your limited health.

Shouldn't you wait until you are missing the necessary health for consume to do its job?

Sounds like a pretty decent strat, I like the ward dragon idea. Just try to make sure you don't get caught by clairvoyance at the beginning. If you get seen buying wards at the start the other team will have an advntage in a level 1 team fight and may force it.

Pen15Mightier

12-31-2009

Quote:
holySpork:
Shouldn't you wait until you are missing the necessary health for consume to do its job?

Sounds like a pretty decent strat, I like the ward dragon idea. Just try to make sure you don't get caught by clairvoyance at the beginning. If you get seen buying wards at the start the other team will have an advntage in a level 1 team fight and may force it.

Well since we are Theorycrafting...

Starting a battle in the jungle with Consume when you are missing less than the amount it heals, is technically wasting a small portion of it's effect yes...

BUT you gain the reduced damage that wolf/golem/big lich does, and you jungle faster. Using it every CD is the key to Jungle Nunu.

I usually level up skills as follows:
1) Consume + Smite - so you can kill the first group of mobs ASAP...getting that quick level or most of it. Ward Dragon and hide in brush for the first neutral spawn.
2) Blood Boil - This is so you can proc his Visionary faster, and again kill mobs faster.
3) Consume - Reduced CD and more healing make it that much more effective at keeping the jungle cycle going. I find rank 2 of Consume to be just about perfect timing when going between mobs...the healing is adequate enough for the small amounts of damage you actually take as well
4) Ice Blast - Here's about when you are ready to pop out of the jungle and nuke/slow an enemy and get an assist or kill.
5) Ice Blast - Again you need to get the nuke up quickly at this point.
6) Absolute Zero - You should be using this **** near every CD to get kills/assists.
7) Ice Blast - more DMG.
8) Blood Boil - Faster! Faster!
9) Ice Blast/etc.
Last three levels of consume last.

Starting itemization:
Cloth Armor + 2 HP pots + 1 Sight ward
1st trip back to town - ought to get you enough for Boots/Ruby Crystal
2nd trip back to town - Finish Catalyst / Make Stinger (key to proccing faster visionaries, at this point you should also be spamming your Ice Blast in fights too.
3rd trip back - Sorc Boots/Blasting Wand (Rod of Ages if you have enough)
4th trip back - Nashor's Tooth - Quick attacks, CD's reduction nearly maxed, you proc Visionary all the time, and can throw out some hurtful Ice Blasts & Absolute Zeros that take away nearly 50-75% of the enemy teams HP.
5th trip back - Blasting Wand/Blasting Wand - More gut crushing team ults, and Ice Blasts that take out 10-25% of your enemies HP.
6th trip back - Zyhonia's Ring - Massive AP at this point. Your ult if it hits pretty much auto kills the enemy team if they can't get out of it.
If the game goes any longer than that, I get Banshee's Veil - As you'll need the additional HP/MR/Shield to make it through an Ult without them killing you prematurely.

12-31-2009

Pen which group of creeps do you kill first? The reason I ask is that I've seen Nunu's appear to solo the golem king at level 1, not sure how that happens? do you need help?

nicosharp

12-31-2009

I think that would work bait, with a purely defensive spec. Faerie Charm should give you enough regen to stay in jungle long enough to hit lvl 5 conservatively, or to take a second golem buff. If you are getting Golem first, you might want to take more wards, and no charm. The crucial part is to make sure you have 3-4 help you with the first buff so you dont need to waste a smite, and to setup wards early.

Morzas

12-31-2009

Personally, I like to grab Lizard first and gank a lane at level 2 or 3. It's easy mode if you have Exhaust.

Judah the Lion

12-31-2009

Hmm, yeah I've been curious about Nunu's jungle game as of late, because every time I've run Nunu jungle, I've always went by the "Jungling Yeti" guide that's posted around here.

Is Mandred's razor not a good choice anymore when you go back to town? Not that it's absolutely amazing or anything, but it seems it's made for the job.

Tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Also, with starting gold, you can only get 3 pots, if you pick up charm and 2 vision wards (the 90g ones).

How is this remotely viable/safe without Heal? I've had issues.