Dont run from YOUR towers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DGMavn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

The Golden Rule for Newbies, in my opinion, is this:

Don't get hit.

The most important part of learning the game is actually PLAYING it, which you can't do if you're dead. Everything else will follow.

Anhi

12-31-2009

A "Know Your Enemy" is a good rule to have too. I've seen so many people die (myself included) because they didn't know a hero could stun/slow/teleport/whatever.

"Wtf? Teemo can go invis?"

Take advangtage of the character rotation. Play characters you don't have unlocked (blitz, karth, twitch, anivia) learn what makes them tick. What are they good at? What do they fail easily at? What makes YOU nervous playing them. Exploit this later when you play against them.

Notice their items. What are they stacking? How are they building their champ? AP? Tank? MR? How does that affect you and your champ?

Look for their summoner spells while loading. Who has flash? Who has a heal? cleanse, clarity you name it. Notice so you aren't caught off guard when you swear you are going to be able to gank this guy and then he pops a summoners heal and ends you.

"So that's why he stuck around to fight!"

Look at their team! Are they mainly casters? A lot of auto-attack? Tank heavy? A lot of slows? Stuns? Farming? Lane push? Answering questions like those will tell you not only what items to purchase to counter them, but also how to play THAT match. People get stuck into ruts and forget that they can build THEIR champ many ways.

"Communicate"

CALL Missing champs! Tell your lane partner you are just shopping and will brb. Call that twitch missing even if their lane didn't call it. Bring things to attention. Don't abuse chat, but the team that talks is the team that wins. (And above all, don't ridicule the other players on your team. Calling some one a noob and then screaming at them for the rest of the match because they "fed" doesn't solve any of your current problems or future ones. Educating and being positive not only helps your current game, but the new player and the LoL community.)

Melonyan

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrieth View Post

Allways watch the map for incoming heroes and enemies. You should regularly look if there are missing heroes.
If your alone near a tower and all the enemies are missing in most casses you should back they could be heading for you.

A thousand times this, watch your freaking minimap. I can't tell you the number of times I've read "CALL MISSING FREAKING NOOBS!" or "OMG NO MIA CALL". A lot of the times my response is " I just killed that hero, they tend to go missing after they die." or "watch your minimap". Regardless the worst part is these people will rarely do anything different even when you do call missing. It's just now they don't have an excuse for why they died. I'm not saying not to call missing, but it's not always feasible to do so, and the later on in the game the truer this is. Though I've got in the habbit late game of doing things like typing "They're all missing guys so be careful", but again most of these players don't listen anyway. Calling missing will never ever be a substitute for map awareness and it's just a small crutch for bad players.

Basilisk9466

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonyan View Post
A thousand times this, watch your freaking minimap. I can't tell you the number of times I've read "CALL MISSING FREAKING NOOBS!" or "OMG NO MIA CALL". A lot of the times my response it " I just killed that hero, they tend to go missing after they die." or "watch your minimap". Regardless the worst part is these people will rarely do anything different even when you do call missing. It's just now they don't have an excuse for why they died. I'm not saying not to call missing, but it's not always feasible to do so, and the later on in the game the truer this is. Though I've got in the habbit late game of doing things like typing "They're all missing guys so be careful", but again most of these players don't listen anyway. Calling missing will never ever be a substitute for map awareness and it's just a small crutch for bad players.
This.

Skryner

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryner View Post
I'm thinking I'll make a beginer vs. sheet. Start a discussion on the best way to go against certain heroes.

Good idea?
That post is here, please, please contribute!

Viro Melchior

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonyan View Post
A thousand times this, watch your freaking minimap. I can't tell you the number of times I've read "CALL MISSING FREAKING NOOBS!" or "OMG NO MIA CALL". A lot of the times my response is " I just killed that hero, they tend to go missing after they die." or "watch your minimap". Regardless the worst part is these people will rarely do anything different even when you do call missing. It's just now they don't have an excuse for why they died. I'm not saying not to call missing, but it's not always feasible to do so, and the later on in the game the truer this is. Though I've got in the habbit late game of doing things like typing "They're all missing guys so be careful", but again most of these players don't listen anyway. Calling missing will never ever be a substitute for map awareness and it's just a small crutch for bad players.
Playing against TF is a pain for mia calls early game. I ganked his *** at level 4, and started killing creeps. 20 seconds later someone dies to him and his buddies top lane and asks why I didn't call him mia...

"He was dead. How am I supposed to call him mia when he teleported in to gank you? He could have been in my lane, at his tower, cornered, and he STILL could have done that!"

Viridian

12-31-2009

Hotkeys save lives. Hitting Q, W, E and R to activate skills is faster than clicking on them. Using G to ping is faster and more accurate than clicking on the minimap. Using Ctrl + [skill hotkey] allows you to quickly upgrade a skill while you're busy clicking on something else.