Dont run from YOUR towers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skryner

12-30-2009

Don't Run from Your Towers: A noob fix'n Guide

Here are 15 tips and tricks that distinguish a noob from a guy who just hasn't played for very long.

Donít run for your towers:
Your towers are there to help you. Theyíll ignore an enemy player until he attacks you, and then they open up like a mama bear. If someone is chasing you and you run out of range of your tower, he runs out of range. And if he runs out of range, the tower stops shooting him. And if the tower stops shooting him, you die. Donít run away, run around the tower.

Hide
:
Most kills go to the player who can surprise his foe, thatís why players who can jump out of the bushes and hit really fast get the most kills. Understand where a player can hide, and donít let yourself be caught in the open. Be willing to take the long way around a tower to leap out and pantz them, and use the tiny bushes, no one checks them.

Fear the Jungle: If you want to stalk an enemy, get ready to kick some ass the second you touch those bushes, you donít want to wander strait into a bombshell. If your the one hiding, hit him before he gets to the long grass. Yeah now he knows your out there, but he still can't see you. That can give you just enough time to kill him, or to leg it.

Watch your enemy: An enemy who is targeting you has a yellow outline around him. This is a good way to tell when creeps are coming after you. Itís a much better way to see if another player is ogling your stats. You might want to leave before he gets confident.

Take care of your buddy: When you lane with someone you have to protect them. If someone is shooting your friend, shoot them. In a 2v2 situation thereís usually only one player making trouble. Shoot that guy, donít shoot his buddy. If player A is shooting a teammate and player B is picking his nose, shoot player A. Player B and you can still be friends.

Use your skills: Thereís a word for players who tell you, ďSave your abilities for other Heroes,Ē that word is ďidiotĒ. (This is gonna get quoted a lot in the replies.) Theyíre your cool-downs; use them when you want to. If it keeps you from getting dead, then their worth the time, and if they donít? Well theyíll keep kicking down while your screen is grey.

Buy stuff now, not later: Sure saving up and buying something huge feels very rewarding, but the things that arenít in your inventory canít help you. Keep some space open if you must, but a player with a full inventory has more bonuses than a player with a full bank account. This is the same for runes and masteries.

Consume: There is a stigma against consumables among players, but trust me they can pay off. Vision wards donít just see things for you, you can also teleport to them, and that can pay off end game. And the elixirs are good for some substantial bonuses.

Keep your Eyes open: Lots of players whine that they keep getting killed by champions that can become invisible. Then they the don't get any items that might help them and die sommore. Donít cry, get help. One vision ward can turn the tables on Evelyn real fast, and if she doesnít get wise, sheíll end up feeding you.

Trade if you have to: If youíve accidentally died too much, and fed your opponent: Get. Out. Of. That. Lane. He will continue to murder you and you will continue to feed him unless you go somewhere else. Usually the other team has a guy whoís in your situation too. So go pick on him, and let the OP player pick on someone his own size.

Wait, what are runes for? Runes are for beginning game. Period. A 5 point lead in AP doesnít count for much end game (except for 5 points). But when your opponent has 0 AP and you have 5, you have a license to kick his ass. Donít spread your points out either. Choose an attribute and buff the heck out of it.

For godís sake ping something: If you ping another player or a tower it gets tagged in the chat box, and everyone can see who pinged what. If you just ping the dirt all youíre telling your teammates is that someone on their team finds those bushes very interesting.

Ping once: Your teammates canít drop whatever theyíre doing and scroll over just because your ĎGí key hasnít been tapped lately. If you get too ping happy they may just lose interest.

Surrender early or not at all: Surrendering is a time saver, and a sanity saver. It feels bad inside, but hanging around a losing game to die, res, die, res and die again is going to feel much worse. But do it early. When you surrender you donít gain as much XP or IP, and it is worth waiting an extra 5 minutes just for that little gain.

And don't give up! It can take 10 or 12 or 20 losses before you start wining games on a consistant basis. Roll with the punches and come back swinging!

Spookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-30-2009

I don't consider myself a noob but I didn't know g was ping......... well I guess you learn something everyday

Not a huge fan of the surrender tip because 1 in 10 games are 25min surrenders when the game is far from over. It's more important to learn to fight even if you feel your losing, one team fight can change a game.

Good tips should help new players

Basilisk9466

12-30-2009

All I can say with regards to surrenders is be smart about it. I tend to be a die-hard who refuses to surrender under any circumstances, but there are games where even I will admit it's hopeless.

That said, I've had one game where we were two inhibitors down, one inhibitor turret on fractional health, both nexus towers down. Enemy had all three inhibitor towers undamaged. We still managed to band together, grab a pushing opportunity, and win. It's games like that which give me a 'never say die' attitude, and they're also the matches I enjoy the most.

ilovetrolling

12-30-2009

well, i hope the people i get stuck playing with read this, sometimes there on full health and there alone but theres 2 enemys attacking the tower on half health they just spin around and say they would have got killed! Good post even for some of the more expirenced players!

XrBob

12-30-2009

Good post, covers lots of good information. Basically, be smart, knowledgeable, and adaptable.

cymoncyas

Banned

12-30-2009

Fat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!gger fat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!gger

Gabrieth

12-30-2009

What I see most new players ding of is just the fact that they think that mobs are the most important. It's ok to be a few levels late as long as you dont feed. even if you can't do much at first as long as you dont feed they wont manage to push. Your towers are your freinds if you have people ganking grass stay far from them and allways have a way to escape.
Stay clear from heroes with slow and stuns.
Allways watch the map for incoming heroes and enemies. You should regularly look if there are missing heroes.
If your alone near a tower and all the enemies are missing in most casses you should back they could be heading for you.

Dont rush into a kill you cant get. It doesnt mean the enemy has 30hp left that you will get him. I seen a lot of new players run after those players and get a lot of dmg from towers then the hero with 30hp now just turns around and deals the finishing blow.
Don't go for kills unless you know you will kill the enemy under 5 secons.
All heroes are able to kill under 5 seonds if played properly. Well except for the tanks. If you have a cho'gath with 10k life you should be carfull.

New players shoudl be really carfull vs cho'gath he is a real new player killer. They don't know what to expect. If your fighting chogath dont take him head on he will use his stun then eat you. (Yes his ulti can do over 1.5k dmg with some builds even if he doesn't kill you his allies will).

But really the most important is to use the towers I often got double kills on my lan because of some greedy players. What you should do is run around your tower stay on the oposit side of it when enemies are closse. Beware of ranged heroes they will often harase you with a few hits that don't do much at first but eventually it adds up then they use the skills.
Annie is dangerous especially in this case. She can stun and nuke.

The begining of the game is the most important it's where you got to be real carfull.

Even experianced players don't allways act carfull. Sometimes I am laned wih a freind of mine playing nunu and I have cho'gath. After 8-15 mins we took down the tower and had like 10 kills to the two of us.

How we do this? We suprise the enemies all the time use the grass like crawy. Once nunu cast the snowball cho'gath uses his stun right after. I can tell you that the enemies dies fast. Often the second enemie tryes to help out and dies along.

Well just watch out remeber not dieing is more important the kills in the begining. Don't take risks for killing mobs gold will come eventually.

Extraxi

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookie View Post
I don't consider myself a noob but I didn't know g was ping......... well I guess you learn something everyday
It is, but Alt+LeftClick is a faster way to ping.

Adalonus

12-30-2009

I pretty much agree with everything here, except the surrender early or not at all. That needs to be taken a bit more in depth. SOMETIMES that idea works, other times, its important to realize that you CAN turn the game around. A lot of surrenders happen when the enemy team is dominating at the beginning but you don't realize that your team has very strong end game heroes.

I find that if you stick around an extra 5 minutes (to 30 minutes rather than surrendering at 25) and try to play smart and just defend for a bit. If you see the enemy team is starting to have a lot of trouble pushing though your base, you may have a team that is stronger end game than them. You'll find that by defending you no longer feed them, they start capping out on items and you start to catch up in levels and items. This can take that overconfident Yi and make him really fear a hero like Rammus with his damage return.

I can't tell you how many games I've won at 35 minutes that really considered surrendering at 25. Don't get me wrong, sometimes surrendering right at 25 is obvious. If the enemy heroes are running a 20-7-6 K:A ratio on 2-3 of the heroes and they are only getting stronger, you might just want to cut your losses and just start a new game.

What it all breaks down to is experience. Try to learn a bit about the game and understand early and late game heroes. Some heroes start strong and loose momentum over time, others get stronger over time. Some heroes just start off amazing and get more amazing. Learn these differences and surrendering really becomes less black and white.

Skryner

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymoncyas View Post
n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!ggerfat n!gger
Can we please have a "report abuse" button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrieth View Post

New players shoudl be really carfull vs cho'gath he is a real new player killer. They don't know what to expect. If your fighting chogath dont take him head on he will use his stun then eat you. (Yes his ulti can do over 1.5k dmg with some builds even if he doesn't kill you his allies will).
I'm thinking I'll make a beginer vs. sheet. Start a discussion on the best way to go against certain heroes.

Good idea?

Lots of good stuff about Surrendering. I just wanted to stress that if you're clearly going to lose it's better to surrender than waste an agonizing 30 minutes while the other team toys with you. But that, on the other hand, Surrendering 2 minutes before your crystal is destroyed only hurts your bottom line.