Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] Duff, the Yordles' Chef

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarfee Franklin

01-12-2014

Hi, Community!

It's me again, Scarfee, or, as my main account on EUNE is called, Pizza Shooter. After being busy for few months I come up with an awesome, in my view, idea of a new support champion.

It's gonna be a Yordle champion (OHMYGAWDYORDLE), something Riot really forgot about.

Name: Duff, the Yordle's Chef

Appearance:

- Duff has a typical for yordle appearance (furry, hamster-like, big head and big eyes) but some details need to be cleared.
- He is plump (obviously)
- He wears toque and apron.
- He carries around his trolley with all the equipment needed for cooking (something kinda of mobile kitchen)
- Sometimes after casting ability he can get covered in ketchup, mustard or dough.

[NOTE]If I'd find some picture fitting into this description, I'll post it here, but I'd ask you frankly: I can't draw and this is difficult, so if you could draw something for me, this would be awfully nice! TY!

Lore:
"Duff was very picky eating. Always. It's been a trouble for our family to feed him properly, but he never got skinner. This could never happen, even if he would starve for days!" - Denise, Duff's Mother.

This story of a picky eating little yordle is known everywhere at Duff's home. Some of their neighbours were helping his parents with food to keep Duff healthy and happy. His fame around Bundle City escalated so quickly, that Duff's parents could never understand why there are more and more people coming to their house and gifting them food just to see how fast their son would deal with it.
But after surviving that time when Duff was only a food recycling machine, his parents were awarded.

Understanding, that his main life purpose is food, came to Duff when he just turned thirteen. Others could never understand how could he be amused just by the cooking process. His familys house turned into one big kitchen, where Duff was creating different quite tasty masterpieces out of regular food. Then he became even more famous than before, but now - as Bundle Cities best chef. He was even awarded by Yordle Academy, they've even created new department called "Cooking Technology". It immediately became so much popular, that Academy was forced to build separate building for the needs of the cooking classes. Duff was put in charge of these classes, and he fastly gained lots of students, fans and followers.

The story of how Duff got into the League is perceived by all kinda strange. The only will which guided him to creation of his classes and teaching the "cooking tech", was to feed people, or to teach them so they could feed others. And when he found out, that there are more than hundred hungry champions, who fight for their fate every day and night without any rest, Duff finally understood where he was needed. He left the classes to his best student and follower, took his trolley, with which he started his cooking career in Bundle, said goodbyes to his beloved parents, and went to the League - to feed, feed and feed again!

"Hungry Champions of the League! Your rescue is on it's way!" - Duff, the Yordles' Chef.

Quotes:

Champion Selection:"Are you sure you are not hungry? Really? Ok-ok!"

Taunt:"I think pieces of yours could add some special taste to my new pastry."
"Yuck, I am sure your cooking skills are awful. Look at these fingers..."
"These cookies of yours... Do not impress."

Joke:"It doesn't matter what exactly do I cook, It's always tasty! Well... Ok, usually tasty."
"The main purpose why I never add salt to my dishes is that... Mother of pie, I ovedone it again!"

Movement:"I don't always cook while talking, but when I do *whisper* i think it needs more cinnamon"
"Hungry people await!"
"I am not really much philosophic, but did you ever think that our world could be just a piece of food to someone?"
"Ahh, forgot eggs. Stupy Duff."
"Never underestimate... pies."

Death:"No... More... Cinnamon..."
"But?.. Aren't you?.. Hungry..."
"Stabbed... Like... Steak..."

Special Quotes:

• If hitting Kog Maw with a patty:
    If in Enemy team:
    Duff: "You're hungry, weren't you?"
    Kog: *Dissatisfied Growl*
    If in the same team:
    Duff: "Here, eat some patties!"
    Kog: "Mmm, Food! *Om-Nom-Nom*"
  • If hitting allied Caitlyn with a patty:
    Duff: "It's dangerous to go without cupcakes. Take this!"
    Caitlyn: "Thanks! New traps incoming!"
    [NOTE] There can be a special effect after this one: Caitlyn's traps will now contain not cupcakes, but patties!
  • If hitting allied Gankplank with a patty:
    Duff: "Tastes better than oranges! Yarr!"
  • Meeting enemy Teemo first time:
    Duff: "Please, keep your shrooms outta my kitchen this time"
  • Meeting enemy/ally Jinx:
    Duff: "Mother of pies! You're skin! How are you still alive?"
    Jinx: "Shut it, hamster."

Stats:
Attack Power: 2 out of 10
Defense Power: 5 out of 10
Ability Power: 7 out of 10
Difficulty: 7 out of 10

Attributes: Primary: Support; Secondary: Mage

Stats lvl 1:
Physical Damage - 50,5 ( +2,5 per level, 98,5 at level 18)
Attack Speed - 0,62 (+0,02 per level, 0,98 at level 18)
Attack Range - 550 (+0 per level, 550 at level 18)
Max Mana - 375 (+35 per level, 975 at level 18)
Mana Regen - 6,5 (+0,40 per level, 13,7 at level 18)
Health - 475 (+70 HP per level, 1715 HP at level 18)
Health Regen - 7,0 (+0,7 per level, 19,6 at level 18)
Magic Resist - 30 (+0,75 per level, 43,5 at level 18)
Armor - 17 (+4 per level, 89 at level 18)
Movement Speed - 345 units per second

Abilities:

Champions' Passive Ability:
  • 878274Tasty Aroma: Duff leaves a trail of tasty aroma behind him as he moves around. Allied champions, while in this trail, are given 25% bonus movement speed (+1% for every 15 AP), if moving towards Duff. Duff gets this MS passively, if there are allies affected.

Champions Active Abilities:
  • 878271[Q] - Roll it in the Flour! - Duff blows flour in a cone, blinding enemies and dealing 60/95/130/190/220 (+30% AP) magic damage to them. The cloud of flour is left at the end of the cone for 4 seconds, blocking enemy's allied vision and functioning as a bush for the allies.
    Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 mana
    Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
    Cone Length: 500 units
    Cone Width: 45*
    Cloud Radius: 350 units
  • 878272[W] - A Lovely Patty -
    Passive - Duff stores a patty every 14 seconds, max - 3 patties. (-1 second for every ally in 1000 units around)
    Active - Duff takes a patty from his trolley, and then throws it in the targeted way (Skillshot). If it hits an allied champion, replenishes 50/75/100/125/150 (+35% AP) to health and 1/2 of this to mana, and gives a "Full Stomach" buff for 20 seconds. If hits an enemy champion, deals 50/75/100/125/150 (+25% AP) magic damage and gives "Spoiled Food" debuff for 10 seconds.
    If noone is hit by the skillshot, the patty remains on the ground for 4 seconds until ally or enemy steps on it.
    Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 mana +1 Passive Stack
    Coodlown: 14 (-1 per ally) seconds
    Range: 1000 units
    Trap Radius: 150 units
  • 878273[E] - Spice for the Meal -
    [AVAILABLE TO CAST ONLY IF THERE IS A CHAMPION WITH [W] BUFF/DEBUFF IN THE RANGE OF THE ABILITY]
    Duff makes a spice explosion around himself, which deals 50/75/125/150/190 (+20% AP) magic damage to affected enemies. Allies with "Full Stomach" buff caught in the radius of spice explosion are granted additional 5/8/13/16/20 (+40% AP) armor and magic resist, and the enemies with "Spoiled Food" debuff, caught in the radius of explosion, are slowed for 20/25/30/35/40% (+1% for every 30 AP).
    Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana
    Cooldown: 19/17/15/13/11 seconds.
    Radius: 800 units
  • 878275[R] - The Giant Doughball - Duff launches a giant ball of dough in the targeted way. As it rolls, all the enemies hit by the doughball are snared for 3 seconds. Also they are dealt 150/235/300 (+40%AP) magic damage on the hit.
    Cost: 100/100/100 mana
    Cooldown: 150/130/110 seconds.
    Length: 1700 units.
    Width: 400 Units.

I pretty much hope you'd like this one. Thumbs up below if you like the idea, and comment, if you've got any pics or ideas about the post! Thank you for reading!

And also sorry for my english, I am not native speaker (as you could already understand). But i surely try to write not too much confusing, so i hope you enjoy this!

Also please check out some my other works here:
Rektor, Ruler of the Earths - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3976163

Crize, Sky Priestess - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44372549#post44372549

Pizza Shooter from EUNE

[EDIT] Guys PLEASE if you know summoners who draw arts or you are that summoner, I could really use some help here (if you like the idea of course). There was no problem in getting the abilities visualisations from Google (just to schematically illustrate), but there is a problem with the splash. Noone draws hamsters in toques

Elphrihaim

01-12-2014

the yes I have lots of it

How many patties can he store at maximum?

Master of Frost

01-13-2014

Holy **** Yes!
This is an awesome support that can be really fun. I love all the spells and they seem reasonable. Might want to make the appearance of Duff a little more unique. But the idea is cool and i can all ready see him running around. He could even have a Bad Chief Skin that has his dough and other spells be black or bad looking. Kind of an opposite to him for a skin.

Scarfee Franklin

01-13-2014

Quote:
Elphrihaim:
the yes I have lots of it

How many patties can he store at maximum?

Max 3 patties, added to the description.
Thanks for reading!

Scarfee Franklin

01-13-2014

Quote:
Master of Frost:
Holy **** Yes!
This is an awesome support that can be really fun. I love all the spells and they seem reasonable. Might want to make the appearance of Duff a little more unique. But the idea is cool and i can all ready see him running around. He could even have a Bad Chief Skin that has his dough and other spells be black or bad looking. Kind of an opposite to him for a skin.

Thanks man! I am glad you liked this!

About the skin, i think it's a great idea! I am also considering about adding playing tips, special quotes and effects! If you also have any ideas about what can I add to his design - feel free to comment!

Scarfee Franklin

01-13-2014

Added special quotes! Check it out!

Scarfee Franklin

01-13-2014

bumpin

Scarfee Franklin

01-15-2014

bump

Scarfee Franklin

01-15-2014

added some pictures illustrating the abilities. Still in need of splashart guys!

Scarfee Franklin

01-16-2014

bumpin