@Riot -Nunu's Future VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gulgolet2000

01-12-2014

I've heard that Nunu is getting a VU. As a Nunu player, I want him and Willump, to look as awesome as possible, and if possible, I want the community to help and influence his VU.

First, let's talk model- When I first saw his new splash at the time of the Frel'jord update, I was like: "WOW.", and I think that the new model can be as breathtaking at the splash (Especially with the glowing True-Ice Snowball, and badass Willump).
Also, the red hood Nunu wears is too red in my opinion, and again should look darker like it is in the Splash.

Secondly, I have some opinions and ideas that I would love them to get executed about animations- I really want to Willump be more careful with his walk as he carries Nunu.. I mean, sorry to say, but if you look at Nunu himself, though he doesn't really has a face expression, it looks like his back and balls sack really suffer. :P
regarding the Absolute Zero (Ultimate), when it is activated and the channel begins, I think that Willump should like act like a raging gorilla that smashes and fists the ground over and over again- In different poses of course (I tried to find a reference but I couldn't, so try to imagine it).

And lastly, there are the Effects- I think that there is so much to improve there:
Q- I'm not sure..
W- Can have Red, glowing eyes for Willump, and maybe new animations or textures for Willump when activated.
E- It's the place where Nunu takes part in fighting, and throws a (True-Ice) Snoball at the enemies, so I really want it to be visible that Nunu throws the Snowball, and maybe make it have a really cool Meteor-like effect, with glowing True-Ice energy surrounding the Snowball itself.
R- Could be more awesome, smooth and storm-ish. And I think that the giant Snowflake that appears when the Channel breaks could be replaced by something cooler.

TL;DR:
I really want Nunu and Willump to be the awesome-pair-of-the-impossible-of-the-Frel'jord in the League. I would LOVE if Reds will pop around here. Feedback and comments will be appreciated as well. Also, tell what YOU think about the current Nunu and Willump and how can these stuff be improved in their upcoming VU.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-12-2014
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulgolet2000 View Post
I've heard that Nunu is getting a VU. As a Nunu player, I want him and Willump, to look as awesome as possible, and if possible, I want the community to help and influence his VU.

First, let's talk model- When I first saw his new splash at the time of the Frel'jord update, I was like: "WOW.", and I think that the new model can be as breathtaking at the splash (Especially with the glowing True-Ice Snowball, and badass Willump).
Also, the red hood Nunu wears is too red in my opinion, and again should look darker like it is in the Splash.

Secondly, I have some opinions and ideas that I would love them to get executed about animations- I really want to Willump be more careful with his walk as he carries Nunu.. I mean, sorry to say, but if you look at Nunu himself, though he doesn't really has a face expression, it looks like his back and balls sack really suffer. :P
regarding the Absolute Zero (Ultimate), when it is activated and the channel begins, I think that Willump should like act like a raging gorilla that smashes and fists the ground over and over again- In different poses of course (I tried to find a reference but I couldn't, so try to imagine it).

And lastly, there are the Effects- I think that there is so much to improve there:
Q- I'm not sure..
W- Can have Red, glowing eyes for Willump, and maybe new animations or textures for Willump when activated.
E- It's the place where Nunu takes part in fighting, and throws a (True-Ice) Snoball at the enemies, so I really want it to be visible that Nunu throws the Snowball, and maybe make it have a really cool Meteor-like effect, with glowing True-Ice energy surrounding the Snowball itself.
R- Could be more awesome, smooth and storm-ish. And I think that the giant Snowflake that appears when the Channel breaks could be replaced by something cooler.

TL;DR:
I really want Nunu and Willump to be the awesome-pair-of-the-impossible-of-the-Frel'jord in the League. I would LOVE if Reds will pop around here. Feedback and comments will be appreciated as well. Also, tell what YOU think about the current Nunu and Willump and how can these stuff be improved in their upcoming VU.

It is great to see another Nunu enthusiast

Gentleman Thief

01-12-2014

You forgot another important thing: GIVE HIM MORE VO LINES! I get it, Nunu, I won't like the yeti when he's angry, you don't have to tell me every five seconds.

Thales

01-12-2014

It would also be great to see Nunu Bot having its own particles and sounds. I know we've never had a VU of something with an existing legendary skin, but it would be really nice for it to be upgraded to modern legendary standards. A crackling electronic snowball, a Tesla storm ult, these would be on par with the usual particle work for a 975 skin these days, and would really make the skin a lot more appealing. If you're willing to devote more time into it, more robotic movements (like Toy Soldier Gangplank) could also go a long way towards giving the skin a truly different feel.

Doctor Tam

01-12-2014

Blood boil needs some differentiation from Sheen, I always wind up being like, "why does Cait have a sheen?" and then realize Nunu is with her.

And Absolute Zero exploding animation should scale with level. Like if it pops early then it has low particles, but if it lands the big one it should look like that whole area just froze over with snow and ice flying everywhere; the damage deserves more attention.

DarkLeahcim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2014

Nunu (the one on the top?) is now a yordle! That's what I would like :3

sylvanas valeria

01-12-2014

Attachment 876302

Bombkirby

01-12-2014

I think for the ult he should slam the ground when it finishes, and slowly reeeeel back while it charging before BAM!!!! It hits! And have it look like a swirling Blizzard, not just a little texture on the ground. It needs to look COLD and it needs to seem like its getting colder by the second as its charging.

Misogoop6

01-13-2014

Logging in to say this is awesome, and upvoting you.

gulgolet2000

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
It would also be great to see Nunu Bot having its own particles and sounds. I know we've never had a VU of something with an existing legendary skin, but it would be really nice for it to be upgraded to modern legendary standards. A crackling electronic snowball, a Tesla storm ult, these would be on par with the usual particle work for a 975 skin these days, and would really make the skin a lot more appealing. If you're willing to devote more time into it, more robotic movements (like Toy Soldier Gangplank) could also go a long way towards giving the skin a truly different feel.
I really want this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbidden Guest View Post
You forgot another important thing: GIVE HIM MORE VO LINES! I get it, Nunu, I won't like the yeti when he's angry, you don't have to tell me every five seconds.
Yeah, thank you for mentioning. I wasn't sure where to add that, and I didn't know of I should cause I'm sure that Riot will do this anyway like they did with most VUs we got recently (Nasus, Sivir, etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
It is great to see another Nunu enthusiast
Hi. Thanks for taking a look ;D (I actually really hoped that YOU will stop by this thread)
Also, it's really important for me to know, as a Nunu player; I really wondered, are stuff like this considered for his future Visual Upgrade? (You don't have to answer if you can't)