Problems with Leblanc as Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamenas

05-31-2012

I'm having an immense amount of difficulty stacking up against even a moderately played Leblanc when I play as Ahri and it's beginning to get frustrating. It seems no matter what I do, the enemy Leblanc can hover outside of my range, then, dash in to get in range, blink forward, hit me, and then is suddenly back in safe range again.

Every time I try to go forward even a little in an attempt to land an ability I'm punished by her sigil and risk, if her CD is up, getting whammied a second time for extra damage when she leaps forward as I run away.

It just feels like not only is Leblanc untouchable to my Champ, but she's also able to harass me like crazy, keeping me from farming creeps and ensuring that if I don't back off completely I will eventually die.

I'm sure I'm doing plenty of things wrong, but I don't even know where to begin to do it right.

Testicle Ketchup

05-31-2012

I play Ahri pretty consistently, and I used to have the same problem. Then I realized that Ahri's ult gives just as much (if not more) mobility than LeBlanc.So what do you do with it to counter her? This:

First of all, play passively while poking with your Q to farm/harass. Level Fox-Fire first. (Q, W, E, W, W, R should be skill order).

With 3 ranks in your W, just wait for her to dash forward, hit your W, then dash around her with your ult. She's squishy enough that if you land a charm after this, she will die due to orb being back off of cooldown. In other words, use Fox Fire to make her regret dashing in. With Spell Vamp, you can simply out sustain her and keep trades even.

Any more questions, lemme know! ^.^
-A fellow Ahri player

Chamenas

05-31-2012

One of my problems is that, unknowing of the range on her dash, playing passive, for me, means no Q harass as I simply do not feel comfortable getting into the 850 zone as it usually results in me being punished by Leblanc using her Distortion, Sigil, and then Distortioning back out, meanwhile, the Orb I just sent flying in her direction has traveled off while she's in Distortion and doesn't hit her.

Spirit Dash has been what I've tried to use to use my mobility against her, but it feels far more difficult to use correctly than her distortion with a longer CD (in spite of her somehow having a higher difficulty rating). I do need to get a better sense of how long her distortion CD is though (I looked up the times, but developing an innate sense is more difficult) because it makes it very easy for for LeBlanc to easily get out of my charm which is one of the reasons I have so many issues with her.

I think, based on what you've said, that the real key here is Fox Fire. By waiting to use it until I know she's going to Dash in, I can punish her for doing so, which is what I want to do. My only issue is that I've had difficulty using Fire to its best performance since it picks its own targets which means I'm wasting a lot of hits on full health minions, and, if I'm maxing out Fire first, my Q farm is going to be really weak.

PlayGooYa

05-31-2012

Build MR and out-farm LeBlanc.

LB loses lane if you deny her ganks and out-CS her. So focus on surviving and last-hitting. The MR is necessary so that LB doesn't just insta-explode you every time with a combo. LB lacks any real AOE farm skills while Ahri has the Orb. This is your big advantage over LB. You don't even have to farm super great, just so long as you manage to CS and deny kills to LB.

To understand LB, realize that LeBlanc is an assassin-proper while Ahri is a hybrid assassin. Assassins like Akali, Fizz, Kassadin and Shaco are snowball champions. They get strong ganking skills and a powerful early game. But they often pay for this with far weaker farming and are vulnerable to being denied and falling into a weak late-game. Characteristic of this style of play is the tendency to roam and gank the other lanes to pick up kills. But since Ahri isn't a full-on assassin, she's equally content laning as she is ganking the side lanes.

LB only has single-target spells even if she's ranged, so she has difficulty farming against your Orb of Deception. And if she's harassing you, she can't farm. You can also shove the lane minions under her tower to deny CS. While this may cause your CS to suffer, the point here is to get relatively more CS than LB and to make sure that she's got more important things to worry about than harassing you. As Ahri, you have some strong escapes to cover for being over-extended.

Negatron's and Null-Magic Mantle builds into useful AP items such as Abyssal Scepter, Mercury Treads and Chalice. So don't be afraid to rush early MR items. Against squishy-burst champions such as LeBlanc especially, Ahri builds well tanky (i.e. Negatron into Rod of Ages and Rylai's), since much of Ahri's damage is sustained and on low cooldowns.

Maxing "W" is a good idea for hitting dodgy champs like LB, but maxing "Q" is better if you want to be shoving lane. I have difficulty recommending either course of action, since one lets you trade better after you grab MR and the other lets you shove lane against a champion who is going to have trouble farming with her skills.

Also, keep in mind if that LB is not getting her kills off of you, the other player is going to feel the crunch and will want to start roaming. Call those MIA's for any time you lose track of LB, since your goal is to deny ganks and it's no good surviving in mid if LB is getting her rocks off elsewhere.

Chamenas

05-31-2012

Builds are how I've been trying to deal with my problems lately, and how I felt I would deal with this one. However, I try to usually build a base of Two Doran's and a Sorcerer's Shoes before altering my build. By that time in this game I'd died to LeBlanc 4 times without even being risky just because I was attempting to passively farm and couldn't be sure of how close I could get and when.

Thanks for the tips, I think I might reconsider both how I approach Ahri's spells when against LeBlanc and look to alter my build even a little earlier.

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

as others have said, rush a negatron. merc treads are great against leblanc. leveling your q and pushing the minion wave can be good too. push the wave then go steal wraiths or gank. leblanc will be able to kill most mids, but she really has diffculty farming under her turret. if this is ranked, simple solution, if you don't feel comfortable playing against leblanc as ahri, don't.

Chamenas

05-31-2012

I'm not nearly good enough to do ranked yet. Going to get to level 30 and fill out my rune page before I bash my head into ranked games. :-)

A Litle P Kid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayGooYa View Post

But they often pay for this with far weaker farming skills. LB only has single-target spells even if she's ranged. Fizz, Kassadin and Shaco are also melee.
Don't know Le Blanc but Fizz is absolutely not weak in the farming. In fact Fizz is one of the best lane farmer with his E.

TehJackAttack

05-31-2012

BV works wonders to disrupt LeBlanc's bursty combo mid game.

a full LB combo eats up quite a bit of her mana, and if you can disrupt it with your taunt, or using your BV, you can force her to back off.

leblanc's mana pool at 6 (base) : 550 (250 + (50*level))

Q cost (rank 3) : 80
W cost (rank 1): 80
E cost (rank 1): 80
R cost (rank 1): 100

I find the trick to beating LeBlanc in lane is forcing her to go oom, and as you can see from this, a full LB combo takes around 340 mana, which is more than half of her mana pool (without mana items). Pushing creep waves is a great way to do this, as LeBlanc has terrible farming ability early game. Force them to choose between CS and being able to harass you.

Keep close tabs on LB's mana pool. If you are playing super passive and only last hitting creeps, chances are she will have a near-full mana pool to punish you with.

TYPHONEOUS

05-31-2012

Timing Is a big factor but I am here to tell you that even as I play ranked and I AM LB...Ahri's Mobility is far scarier once she is 6. I can burst her down a lot but she can flash in and ult around me and then ignite me and then depending on minions attacking me or not I am DONE....And i believe that I am a very good LB. Good Luck man. And ALSO remember the upgraded chalice will help you out a lot now!