Jungling Lee Sin in Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaidyn

02-18-2012

I like jungling. I like Lee Sin. And I like Twisted Treeline. One would think I could combine these three things into a fun pastime!

But I'm having trouble. The minions hit so ****ed hard, that no matter what combination of runes, masteries, and gear I take, I end up dying in short order.

My rune setup is this: AD/Arp reds (12 arp), flat armour yellows, MR/level blues, and AD Quints.

My masteries are 21/9, taking points to reduce minion damage and return some.

I start with the E (shield).

I start with a vampiric scepter.

I'll go to the first camp, usually get wolves, and they'll drop me to about half health. Then I go to the second camp, and baaaarely finish it off. At which point I'm near dead and in no position to gank or jungle any further.

Is this how it's supposed to go? Clear two camps and base? Or is there something else to it I'm not getting? I've scoured the net for guides, but every guide is either old and references the old jungle, or for 5v5.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carados

02-18-2012

I haven't played TT in awhile, but on a map that size, you can't be a dedicated jungler, laner, or ganker. You need to be constantly shifting to what needs to be done, not afking farming the jungler.

Shaidyn

02-19-2012

Thanks for the input, but I've been told differently. If you have a dedicated jungler who comes out occassionally to gank top/bottom, but spends most of his time killing creeps, you get a huge level/gold advantage on the other team.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaidyn View Post
Thanks for the input, but I've been told differently. If you have a dedicated jungler who comes out occassionally to gank top/bottom, but spends most of his time killing creeps, you get a huge level/gold advantage on the other team.
If you are thinking about a jungler who keep ganking all the time, then you are doing the right thing, otherwise, NO.

Shaidyn

02-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
If you are thinking about a jungler who keep ganking all the time, then you are doing the right thing, otherwise, NO.
Well that's my plan. Especially on 3v3, lee sin is a constant threat. he could be behind any wall, ready to kick your face in.

I just can't seem to make it work. And I can't seem to get any help about it either. Harumph.

emctwo

02-19-2012

I did Jungle TT with Lee for the first time about a week ago, and I did it without any knowledge of that jungle. It was rough.

TT jungle did not get changed when they overhauled the SR jungle. These TT monsters hit HARD. There are more "buff" monsters on TT than SR, and the buff monsters are significantly stronger. Either get a leash on them or avoid them for the first few levels. Lee will be able to handle them before too long because of his natural lifesteal and spellvamp. Concentrate more on the minor camps (without buffs) for the early game.

Here's the map with indications of the various strengths of the camps:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...65235#chapter3

On that image, the green dots (minor camps) are what you do early. The yellow dots are the easier buffs to obtain that you should get after a few levels, or early with a leash. The lizard on the bottom is a stronger version of SR's red camp, and the dragon in the top jungle is like a weaker baron.

Artemis Enterori

02-20-2012

You shouldn't try to ''jungle'' with lee sin on the twisted treeline. I won 10 games in a row using a simple strategy.
Here are the steps that I use.
1.Get a dorans blade (gank if you want) and go top.
2.Farm some minions to get some gold
3. Buy a wriggles lantern as soon as possible (If you farmed well, you can also get boots)
4.Put a ward just on the other side of the wall going to the dragon---->You can safeguard through it to your ward.
5.Then repeat these steps
1.Farm a minion wave
2.Go to the jungle by dashing to your ward.
3.Kill some monsters
4.Safeguard to one of your minions, and farm again.
This strategy gives awesome farm, I usualy have 40 farm around 5 minutes, 80 around 10 minutes,200 to 350 at the end of a game. I you master this well, you should be good.

My build Doran's Blade----->Sell for bloodthirster
Wriggle's Lantern------>Sell for Infinity Edge
Mercury Treads
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Trinity Force

Hope this helps