AP or Attack Blitz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hokkaido

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-30-2009

So I have been changing things up and using blitz after getting pretty good on heimer and I am wondering what the best build would be for him. I play aggressive, but I know his support and tank possibilities and I try to rely on them to keep me alive. So far I have been going AP and attack speed on him and it seems to piss enough people off to entertain me.

Soul Stealer
Nashors Tooth
Lich Bane
Berzerker Greaves
Sunfire Cape

I figure with the soul stealer and the fact I dont die much would give me enough AP along with the Lich Bane to do decent damage, but I would like to hear other builds and why they choose them.

Skeiks

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkaido View Post
So I have been changing things up and using blitz after getting pretty good on heimer and I am wondering what the best build would be for him. I play aggressive, but I know his support and tank possibilities and I try to rely on them to keep me alive. So far I have been going AP and attack speed on him and it seems to piss enough people off to entertain me.

Soul Stealer
Nashors Tooth
Lich Bane
Berzerker Greaves
Sunfire Cape

I figure with the soul stealer and the fact I dont die much would give me enough AP along with the Lich Bane to do decent damage, but I would like to hear other builds and why they choose them.
To me, AP on a Blitzcrank does not seem like a good idea. Sure, the damage stack from Lich Bane would be nice but sheen/trinity force is a much better option, especially if you're trying to be aggressive.

For one, he only has 2 skills that are affected by ability power, and two, those skills have horrible AP ratios. You'll rarely be using rocket hand to do damage and his ultimate, while nice, is random. Far as I know active ult on crank doesn't even use AP. Or was it the passive? Either way, it sucks.

For fighting situations, trinity force works better because it works off of attack damage, even if it is base attack damage, and all the other effects that it gives is worth it, especially the movement speed/attack speed. Then you can stack attack items such as Black Cleaver and you won't be relying purely on power fist to do your damage, you'll be able to do damage with your in between hits too. This also puts you in a better position to take out turrets using OD.

The cooldown and attack speed from nashors would be nice but there are items better suited for crank that you can get to do both of those. AP is not good for him. At least from my point of view.

coty

12-30-2009

I have messed around with an AP build recently. From what I remember the AP ratio on the active ult is 1:1, and I am pretty sure it says so on the tooltip. Also, the passive ulti does not get a huge return, but if you build your Blitz the way that the OP (and I) have tried it pairs nicely with the Sunfire Cape(s) as more static dmg for whoever you are attacking.

I did not mind the AP build. The reason why I think it is effective is because in taking AP items (my build was actually more like sheen >catalyst > RoA > Lich Bane) you can get hp/mana with them, which increases your survivability especially with your passive.

My point wasn't really dps when I tried it though, I wanted to be tanky and decently strong while leveling. With sheen / catalyst this is easy. At end game with the AP from Lich Bane and Rod of Ages and a Sunfire Cape (almost 2) I felt that the dmg was adequate and I was happy with the survivability.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

If you have your heart set on AP, I would consider Archangel's or Rod of Ages, since lots of MP improves your survivability (passive).

Frozen Heart wouldn't hurt either, for that matter: Armor, Mana, CD Reduction are all desirable stats for Blitz.

ninjajakem

12-31-2009

He is a tank, not a damage dealer. By going AS or AP you are not using his full potential. Make sure to grab mana regen and CD reduction so you can use the grab as much as possible.