DPS Amumu viable and fun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theou Aegis

12-28-2010

I fail hard with melee champs, but I was determined to prove my Malady/Madred's/SoD build was viable on him today. And I was right. As was typical of me on a melee champ, I died a lot, forgot my score, but we won, I soloed a couple turrets (with full defensive masteries, Amumu is naturally tanky), and got a solo triple kill. It was 1v2 and I took out both champs (I think it was Malphite and Twitch), and then another champ came to finish me off and I killed him too (I think Pantheon), then I recalled at that point. My teammates QQed about me not warning them that I wasn't going to be there tank, but we still owned that game.

With the nerf to Sunfire Cape, I declare that people need to stop presuming Amumu is a tank and either a) presume he'll go DPS and just be happy if he tanks, or b) don't presume anything at all and ask before locking in.

TooStronkadonk

12-28-2010

Stop throwing around the word viable without actually understanding what it means.

dps amumu is like ap yi or ad janna. free win for me as long as nobody on my team does the same ^^

BIsForBagels

12-28-2010

not all amumus stacked sunfires you know o.O
best to go with him tank with slight ap (my build when full:sunfire,warmorgs,FoN,swiftnes,crystal scepter,abyssal scepter)
it works well you pwn everything in sight

me2893

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disttt View Post
Stop throwing around the word viable without actually understanding what it means.

dps amumu is like ap yi or ad janna. free win for me as long as nobody on my team does the same ^^
except before lichbane nerfs apparently ap yi could do something...

Lunir

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIsForBagels View Post
not all amumus stacked sunfires you know o.O
best to go with him tank with slight ap (my build when full:sunfire,warmorgs,FoN,swiftnes,crystal scepter,abyssal scepter)
it works well you pwn everything in sight
Yeah not stacking sunfires wasn't nearly as bad a blow to amumu as his ult getting nerfed was.

Xj6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2010

Well, AP amumu works. Not as much as the tank one, but I'm pretty sure it's way more viable than DPS amumu.

Critdinger is fun though.