Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some suggestions for ARAM players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlyaK1986

01-13-2014

But there are plenty of viable ARAM champs, especially for those that don't buy RP, to buy before shelling out 6300 IP for say, Zed (not the worst ARAM champ, but waaaaaaay down there since his entire gameplay revolves around split-pushing and getting in at odd angles). Yes, there are plenty of viable champs that aren't in the top 15 of LoLking (e.g. some of the initiation CC tanks--amumu, sejuani, jarvan), but in almost all instances, if you don't have the top 15 by winrate from LoLking (Teemo excluded IMO--sure sometimes he goes on a rampage, but odds are, at better MMRs, he's going to be a load--though I suppose you could submit a ticket to Riot to delete him), you shouldn't be buying the worse champs.

That is, for quite a few ARAM-important roles, there are a couple of champs in the top 15-20 to suit that.

Initiation tank? Why go for a Jax, a Jarvan, a Sejuani, an Amumu until you have Leona, Maokai, Taric, and Galio? Mundo and Swain are also pretty damn amazing on this map, I find, since they have inbuilt sustain.
AD? Make sure you have Ashe, Varus, Kog, and Cait first (though I've had some success with Ezreal when I'm not stupidly close to get murdered by all the CC). If you're thinking about buying Vayne, you suck.
Support? If you don't have Sona, Janna, and Soraka before thinking about Lulu (6300 IP? Rather spend on Nami!), you're leaving wins on the table.
AP? Lux, Kog, Ziggs, Fiddle, a few more I'm missing I'm sure.

Bruiser? What in the blue hells are you even doing thinking about bruisers? Your damage is going to be dwarfed by the poke-heavy members of your team, your tanking ability gets less mileage compared to the best tanks, who either have a godlike hard-engage (Ye gods, a good Leona is a force to be reckoned with), heavy poke (Maokai, Galio), or a crapton of team utility (Taric).

And then there are some on this list that I think are pretty excellent that aren't in the top ranks of LoLking--Swain, Blitz, Mundo, Morgana, Kayle.

Why go for purchasing some sort of hard-carry Bruiser or split pusher before filling out your roster with a bunch of solid champs? And considering there are at least 20, if not 30 of those, there's no reason to go fishing in the lower tiers.

IlyaK1986

01-14-2014

Added 12-18

JedditeOMG

10-05-2014

Since the classic forums will be converted to "read only" with the transition to the lol reddit lol style forums, need to get some less-terrible (dare I say "helpful&quot threads to the top.