Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some suggestions for ARAM players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2ndWorstPlayerNA

01-11-2014

Yeah, the third one about not buying any crummy ARAM champs is for the birds. On my main, I look forward to each new champ I buy whether they are good in ARAM or not. I've actually come to enjoy and love more champs thanks to ARAM and being forced to play them. I also feel it's made me more sound mechanically and with teamfights. That being said, I still suck. lol But I have fun doing it.

Ute

01-11-2014

I honestly want to make an account of purely "trash" ARAM champs and see how I can improve on them. If only it didn't take so much work.

I'm also interested in seeing how much lower my MMR would go.

edit: added quotations to trash, as the poster below did.

2ndWorstPlayerNA

01-11-2014

Quote:
Ute:
I honestly want to make an account of purely trash ARAM champs and see how I can improve on them. If only it didn't take so much work.

heh Go for it. Just start one. It wouldn't take you long to get to say, level 10 (just an arbitrary number but can't remember when they actually let you start using ARAM), then just play one or two games a day on it, or more so if you felt the desire. Buy the "trash" champs a long the way and see what happens. Based on what I've heard of your queue times, it might break up the monotony. lol

Ute

01-11-2014

Yeah but getting level 10 I still wouldn't have any of the champions :/. I'd have to get probably 80k IP just for the champions, at 50-80 IP a game. My queue times aren't terribly bad, up to about 15 minutes only. The forums here and Reddit fill that gap nicely, especially considering I'm very sick at the moment I don't think I'd like to play more than that (not playing at all for now) haha.

2ndWorstPlayerNA

01-11-2014

You get pretty good ip early on, but yeah I see where you're coming from. I'm levelling this account for, I dunno, something to do. Not sure why I started but now that I have I will finish. haha

Clad in Plaid

01-11-2014

Quote:
ZyniX69:
Sometimes you should run, like when your teammate tries to 1v4. So many times have I seen one persons bad decision become two. Don't try to play the hero.

Yup. It's funny when someone runs into a fight they can't win and they scream at everyone else for not jumpin' on the fail train.

Ute

01-12-2014

Quote:
2ndWorstPlayerNA:
You get pretty good ip early on, but yeah I see where you're coming from. I'm levelling this account for, I dunno, something to do. Not sure why I started but now that I have I will finish. haha

If you're interested, PM me and I'll help and do the bruiser thing on it . Unless that isn't allowed, in which case ignore this!

IlyaK1986

01-12-2014

Quote:
Ute:
I honestly want to make an account of purely "trash" ARAM champs and see how I can improve on them. If only it didn't take so much work.

edit: added quotations to trash, as the poster below did.

See, the thing is about ARAM is that it's completely contrary to LoL's balance. It's not that certain champs are "imba on ARAM", it's that due to the lack of recall, the inability to flank, the tiny amount of space so you can't dodge skillshots too well, ARAM goes by a completely different set of rules in which defenses basically don't matter so long as you possess champions of both damage types (and if you have to go overboard, preferably go overboard on AD, since ADs can take objectives quickly and sustain themselves) that can do damage from a safe distance. E.G. if you had a team full of high-risk champs, little sustain, and tanks that you could kite for days against a team with a Sona, Varus, and Lux, you're pretty screwed, because the thing that bruisers need--which is defense, isn't designed to indefinitely sustain someone out of combat like so many of the top tier champs can (Sona: healing. Taric: healing. Heimer: healing aura. Janna: healing. Nami: healing. Notice a theme here?). Defenses are designed to allow someone on the front line to survive the team fight. But after that, on any other map, they can recall and heal. On this map? Welp, you're screwed.

And the worst part about it is that Riot removed Warmog's. I mean...would *any* of the top-tier champions really want it? Possibly Galio, possibly Leona, possibly Maokai.

Beyond that?

It'd be a token defensive item, not that much better than a token Veil or Omen.

But for people who need as much regen as they can get? Yep, it'd be a godsend.

The bottom line is that offense >>>> defense in League of Legends, so the best defense is to simply minimize the amount of time you're even *in* range of the enemy, and when you can't recall, to have it healed away ASAP.

Which really does a spectacular job explaining the champ rankings on LoLking.

IlyaK1986

01-13-2014

Added a number 11.

FOODFOOD

01-13-2014

I mostly agree with everything, but I adamantly disagree with #3. Every champ slips in and out of viability at some point in time in LoL. Not only that, but the more champs you own, the quicker you get Rerolls to get rid of the ones you don't want to play or aren't comfortable with. And, given the right team comp, just about every champ can work. I seriously dislike #3 with a passion. The rest are good, though.