Why is this almost impossible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l Crit My Pants

01-09-2014

O.K. just hear me out and read everything before you say something.
This whole division thing is really getting on my nerves, I'm currently in plat 1 trying for that diamond achievement, but seriously it is almost impossible for the situation I'm in.
Clamping is a huge problem and especially for me. In my last game i had a person in a promo to DIAMOND 4 and im in plat 1, and according to the system my MMR WAS HIGHER then his. I'm stuck around literally 95 lp and i gain +3 or +2 to 98 lp then i get +1 for 99 then another +1 for 100 but right when I get to 99 lp the game is a loss because I get a troll and my team fights so when i lose at 99 lp i get -3 lp which puts me back to 96 lp and then +1 per win.

The whole point of this was to show that my mmr is higher then diamond, but yet clamping is such a problem that i lose more lp then i win.

I know it's preseason and they are removing clamping, but I wanted to reach it before the preseason ends and I'm literally trying but the system is against me D:

l Crit My Pants

01-09-2014

MrPatrickBateman

01-09-2014

Need win streaks.

Rage cares

01-09-2014

clamping is toxic man all i can say worst feature ever in a game lol i wish they allowed for division drops so that way if you had low mmr you could at least see how low

Just Mid

01-09-2014

Ikr I'm clamped too. It takes like 2 weeks to get rid of it. I even won 10 straight games in a row. Wow a full 40 LP! WOW.

Tirizzle

01-09-2014

I'm glad he didn't make a rage post.

soon a hero

01-09-2014

clamp is +0 you uncultured swine

Dark Hagoth

01-09-2014

Clamping is actually there to help you. After playing that many games their algorithms match you with other players if your same level. If you don't deserve to be in diamond, you won't get to diamond until you are good enough to be there and their algorithms detect that based on your wins and losses.

General Scoots

01-09-2014

somebody told me that clamping only happens in the 1st tier in each league, because they are testing to see if you actually deserve the league you are trying to get into. They don't want you getting gold then dropping down to silver a game later, so instead they make it so you can't drop leagues but compensate by making it harder to get into the league.