Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

TANK TWITCH [Serious Build]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korlack J

12-28-2010

After patch 107, I think Tank Twitch is very viable.

Now before I explain, let's give a definition of tank.
A tank can soak up damage, has some form of CC, and the important part : make the enemy focus them through Taunts, or just being there.

Now, in a teamfight, when you see twitch, you focus him right? Because you think he'll do the most damage and end up killing you if you don't focus him first. You get so mad, you drop 400 gold for oracles just to see him.

This is where Tank Twitch comes in. Twitch's very existence is how he gets enemies to focus him. Twitch naturally gets Attack Speed from his Stealth, and Attack Damage from his Ultimate. There's no need for that **** anymore! On Tank Twitch, you build Tank items

Let us enter the world of THE TANK TWITCH

Runes
9x Armor Pen Reds
9x Armor/Health Yellows
9x Magic Res. Blues
3x Flat Health Quints

Masteries
Depends on your preference.

Build / Item Sequence
Start out with a Doran's Shield and Health/Mana Potion
On your 1st recall, pick up Rank 1 Boots, and begin to build one of the standard tank items depending on the enemy team composition

-Force of Nature - If the enemy is heavy on Magic Damage
-Thornmail - If the enemy is heavy on Physical Damage
-Guardian Angel - If the enemy is all around, with both MDamage and PDamage at their disposal. And/Or if you are somehow dying a lot
-Warmogs Armor - If the enemy sucks, and you just want to beef up.

After your 1st major tank item is built, build your Rank 2 boots, I suggest Mercury Treads, especially against CC heavy teams. But if they lack any CC, Ninja Tabi it is.

Once you have your Rank 2 boots, I would get another item from the basic tank item list (see above) OR Randuin's Omen, which helps a lot in teamfights.

After you have those items, the rest of the build is situational depending on the game. Frozen Heart is your having Mana issues, or Banshee's Veil if the enemy has loads of CC.

And that was the world of the TANK TWITCH. More edits and updates will be made in the near future.

Korlack J

12-28-2010

I got a thumbs down for no reason? Please explain.

Ichikaze

12-28-2010

You can put GA,warmogs and thornmail on veigar and pretend he is a tank,but just like twitch they are not.Besides enemys will just check your items and notice you are not priority.

Mambazo

12-28-2010

Why do people keep trying this? First that tank teemo bs, and now this. Dude, anyone with half a brain will see your build and laugh while they entirely ignore you and slaughter your teammates. Do this build and you turn the game into a 4v5.

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

12-28-2010

Quote:
Mambazo:
Do this build and you turn the game into a 4v5.

like having a twitch nowadays doesn't already do that lol.

LoveYuRi

12-28-2010

Let the tanks do the job... not twtich. Most ppl that tank actually have skills to make them survive longer than non-tanks and can still do decent amout of damage. Twitch is just suppose to do damage, not tank.

Carados

12-28-2010

Quote:
iLegitness:
Now before I explain, let's give a definition of tank.
A tank can soak up damage,

That isn't the definition of a tank. Sorry, try again.

"Soaking damage" is impossible in League of Legends. No champion can force a player to use their primary damage sources on the person who is least effected by the damage.

LoveYuRi

12-28-2010

Oh yea, when you say ppl get mad because you can kill them, if twtich becomes a tank, His attacks r useless and no one will spend money on ocular or invis ward to kill you, because u cant do that much damage to them and you'll become easy to kill.

If you didnt get that here a shorter version

You are fed, other noob is at 0/5, are you gonna spend invis wards or ocular on him because you know you can kill him easily?

Thats why twtich dont tanks.

shubomber

12-28-2010

Tank Shen works because he has a look at me button. A taunt.
Tank Amumu works because he has an ability that literally puts him in the middle of everything and another that locks everybody down and deals some hefty damage, on top of another aoe dot. If left unchecked, he'll lock down your team and the enemy DPS will rip you apart and you won't be able to do anything about it. Even though it doesn't technically force anyone to attack him, it makes him enough of a threat to force the CCers to blow their loads onto him. His abilities are already scary, so you build him with armor and HP to soak up the damage that you should force the enemy to deal to you.
The situation is similar for other tanks. They all have a "look at me" button already, but it doesn't scale well with offensive items, so building for survivability and CC utility is natural.

Tank Twitch/Teemo/Eve/etc does not work because he relies on items to make him into a killing machine. His "look at me" button is simply the fact that he scales well with offensive equipment. No offensive equipment means that he isn't a threat, so his "look at me" button goes away and he's pretty much useless. This is compounded by the fact that, if he's got a GA and Randuin's, he isn't even squishy anymore, so he's literally not worth anyone's time, except to lock in the ace after the teamfight is already over. More importantly, building him for defense is pretty much a total waste of the fact that he responds much better to offense.

Basically, gimmick tank builds rely solely on the enemy being stupid. And that makes for a really stupid build.

LyraOrpheo

12-28-2010

you're better off building an Atma's Impaler and stacking health