General Rune pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rageplant

12-30-2009

Im almost level 30 now and I have all the champions (thank you bundle packs ) but Im wondering if there are sort of some general rune pages i could start building. Say like one for Physical Damage and one for Magic.

I figure for physical I take marks as furor, seals as scaling health, but then im not sure on blue, then a mix on quints between health and furor.

Then for magic I was thinking seals for scaling health and glyphs as magic pen? But then what should I get for quintessences/marks

Any help or input is appreciated
--Rageplant

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

Imo the most general runes are HP, dodge, cd reduc and mp5. Those all work pretty good on pretty much any champ with few exceptions.

Rageplant

12-30-2009

So I would assume yellow as scaling HP and cd reduc is blue, but then what goes in marks, since those are mostly physical ones

Ksielvin

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageplant View Post
So I would assume yellow as scaling HP and cd reduc is blue, but then what goes in marks, since those are mostly physical ones
Magic penetration was changed to be primary for marks for this reason. If you need to get some more IP first, physical ones could help your caster last hit minions a little better.

Personally I wanted non-scaling seals so I've used flat armor. (Flat HP seals being too weak to my taste.) Also bought dodge seals to try with Nimbleness but didn't really like it. Dodge ones were pretty expensive.

Cheaper alternative to flat HP quints could be flat MR. It can depend on what (if any) defensive stats you pick up in your item builds.

Primary stats

Marks (red): Attack. Specializes in Damage, Crit Damage, Crit Chance, Attack Speed, Armor Penetration, Magic Penetration
Glyphs (blue): Magic. Specializes in MP, Cooldown Reduction, AP, Magic Resist
Seals (yellow): Defense. Specializes in HP, HP Regen, Armor, Dodge Chance, MP Regen
Quintessence (purple): Power. Have the highest values for each type of rune, as well as some unique ones (Movement Speed, Experience gain, bonus Gold)

boni

12-31-2009

I use a generic Runset on all champs:
Red: Crit%
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: CD
Quint: Flat HP

Works well for me.

EnronTheGreat

12-31-2009

Unless you are playing shaco, (or some other hero with a specific stat gimic) quints should be static hp. The quint hp rune, even in its nerfed form, is far greater an early game benefit than almost anything else. Except of course, if you are stacking crit damage or chance depending on the champ. IF you are going general rune page, it is always better to have a customized rune page for the hero you have in mind.

for magic champ IN GENERAL, hp/cd reduction i have found 6to be the most usefull.

for melee IN GENERAL, I find hp/crit damage to be the most benificial.

This is only for GENERAL use, again, it is ALWAYS more benificial to have a tailored rune page to a specific champ. I usually scan all the available runes for my level, and pick the ones that give the MOST USE for the early levels, imo what runes are meant for. Hope its any help!

Basilisk9466

12-31-2009

I mostly save my IP for champs, and I'm only lvl 23, but I've had no reason to complain about my pure CD page. I've begun to try and go for straight ones instead of per level to get a straight 15% with masteries right off the bat, and I've had no reason to complain. Given the price, particularly of the tier 3 ones, I'd rather tinker with masteries to match my champ rather than splash out for customised rune sets. At the moment, anyway.

Labomba

12-31-2009

My "general" page has crit chance marks, hp/lvl seals, cooldown glyphs. My quints will be all flat hp.