Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Answering Lee Sin Questions [Guide]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EthanDaLover

01-07-2014

Diamond Lee Sin player helping out people interested in learning this champion. I recommend to everyone to fully read this if you would like some help on your Lee Sin style. I also like to take other peoples views on this champion because seeing other peoples perspectives are very interesting and great input to the community.

The Best Videos To Watch On Lee Sin Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_t1-OwEf3A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWu_75XbILw
( Dopa/Adpo is better than insec and Faker imo )

Just here listing off a few small pointers to help you feel smoother at Lee Sin

Runes:
REDS: Flat Strength, Armor Penetration
YELLOWS: Flat Armor
BLUES: Flat/Scaling Magic Resist
QUINTESSENCES: Flat AD, Lifesteal, Armor Penetration
Explanation: These are the standard runes I use for jungling, top mid or support. Support Lee Sin does work, add me and message me for detail on how I do it. Anyway, these runes work for different occasions, lifesteal quints helps survive in jungle with some more lifesteal which I don't like giving up my damage for. Give them a try if you want. I use 9 Flat AD Reds, 9 Armor Yellows, [B]9 Magic Resist Blues[/B, 3 Flat Ad Quints. You usually have the Yellows and Blues as that standard or you can have Scaling Magic Resist Blues. Something that is a definite is Flat Armor Yellows, helps you take more physical damage and I don't think you can play a game without taking one hit of physical damage.

Intro:
I was just wanting to help out some people and state out some things that could improve their Lee Sin play. Lee Sin is my favorite champion because of how mobile and unique he is compared to most other champions. You feel in control and fast and a way to stay fast is SMART CAST EVERYTHING. You will not regret it, it will help you do plays faster and if you need, get smart cast range indicators or what helps you out. I main Lee Sin jungle so this may barely help laners but I can answer basic laning questions if needed. I guarantee after you get some of my knowledge, you will have babes coming at you like none other! You'll need a waiting line and a receptionist to keep them all in their place! Now to the Tips!

Note: For anything with CAUTION on it, try it in a custom or a bots so you can get the feel of how it works. Don't go into a ranked and mess up.

The Tips:

1. If you don't think you can land it... WAIT!
Explanation: You do not need to shoot max range Q's to be good at Lee. Try to get an angle and as close as you can so it's easy. Also, getting too close they can walk around your animation so make sure it's a good enough angle especially because you're maxing that Q for the most damage burst. But, if it's the last hope and he flashed away and there's nothing better you want to do, go in for that blind Q in the darkness of the fog and land that bad boy! Be a hero!

2. Don't click your 2nd W right away...
Explanation: A lot of people who play Lee tend to hit W twice and they don't utilize the 2nd W spell-vamp/life-steal to it's fullest.

3. Use your passive and know your skills for Pete's sake!
Explanation: Read what your skills do for no matter what champion and make sure you get those double auto attacks with the attack speed boost off. There is NO reason for you to go out of energy if you're playing properly! Your Q does so much damage to people and MONSTERS with lower health, you should never miss a baron smite when you know how much you're going to do to it before you land the 2nd Q and smite. You have to calculate that damage and stomp with your brain power!

4. Ward Jumping is your best friend!
Explanation: This built in mechanic lets you decide where you want to be. It lets you choose where you want to be. You can get closer to Q someone, get behind someone to ult them into your team, ult them in an angle so you can knock their team in the air like a game of 5 pin bowling, the results are endless! Personally, I use it to jump over walls when I need to get the hell out of bad situations.

5. Smite+SpellVamp=Health?
Explanation: You use your 2nd skill of your W, smite a mob and POOF! Health comes at you like none other and you can surprise the enemy when you randomly gain 100 HP.

6. Don't be a blind hero 24/7
Explanation: Don't Q into a team without knowing where your team is, always know where your full team is before engaging. Do not blame your team for not being there, that's an awful excuse for your mistake.

7. Put your ward (Preferably Sightstone)on your C key
Explanation: You can click C because it is where your thumb will be resting and you can drop the ward faster giving you a faster way to get plays off. Simple and easy.

8. CAUTION ADVANCED PLAY CAUTION
Explanation: There's a trick with Lee Sin where you get into your ultimate animation and right before Lee kicks the person you put your cursor where you want to be, flash and it will kick the person in the direction you wanted since you used your flash for it.

POSITIVE OUTCOMES: a)You should get a kill b)You should burn a flash from them c)You look hot as hell

NEGATIVE OUTCOMES: a)You don't move the cursor and you kick them away and lose your flash b)You look like you're role-playing Lee Sin without the monk part.

9. Second guys, I need to get into a sexier position!
Explanation: A lot of Lees don't stand with their team and move behind enemy lines or in the best position to CC them or help your team get to the carry. You don't always have to initiate you can move around with your amazing eye sight of opportunities and kick their ADC or APC to your team so they get insta-gibbed!

10. CAUTION ADVANCED PLAY CAUTION
Explanation: Here's another thing that people can do, you can land your first Q then while you're going for the 2nd Q you can ward then W to the ward before you land the 2nd Q and hit your R. This allows you to be like insec-senpai and all the mouths will need buckets for the overflow of drool.

11. You get weaker over time Grampa...
Explanation: You are strong and full of energy while you're in the early stages of the game, mid game you notice you are lacking in damage and can't insta-gib squishies and this is why we tend to end games early on Lee. After a certain point, your team has to have a late game to end or a mid game to end because you're not peaking anymore. In short, END IT EARLY!

12. For the love of god...
Explanation: I can't count how many times I've seen Lee Sins try to finish someone with a R and the target gets away Scott free. If you do not know if your ultimate is going to do enough, please, don't do it...

13. Glass cannon Lee
Explanation: Started to play Lee Sin glass cannon with a bit of tankiness and there's pros and cons.
Pros: Burst people, big sustain in short time, big DPS, very scary
Cons: Squishy, positioning gets hard, get melted if not careful

14. Peel or Nuke
Explanation: Straight forward, these are your two, sometimes when your ADC needs help, you may be the only option and he'll appreciate it if you're there. Other times you should be hard in there and getting your cripple off on their ADC and taking focus onto you.

General Tips
This section is purely on social skills and ways to get better in solo queue which I find a lot of new players need to get. I am mainly focusing on the solo-queueu aspect and how to deal with it in a more "correct" manner.

1. It doesn't get any better
Explanation: No matter how high of elo you get, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, challenger, there will ALWAYS be a troll who will eventually queue up in your game. Despite the troll being on your team don't go into all chat spamming, "COMMON' GUYS REPORT HIM HE'S RUINING THE GAME! WHAT IF HE'S IN YOUR GAME?" People don't tend to care that much and one report gets them in the tribunal so you're fine. Also, telling him that you're angry and reporting him won't make him stop trolling so just do it silently instead of using the word report like it's a magical gun that obliterates the sociopath.

2. Don't give people a hard time...
Explanation: If someone messes up don't give him a hard time, even if he scapegoats you for it. Just ignore people like that and keep your thoughts to yourself. People are arrogant at times and if you ignore it, you're the bigger man.

3. Keep your calm.
Explanation: A lot of people tend to get so mad at the game when it's a game for the love of god! You're suppose to enjoy yourself when playing, don't let one person ruin your day over it. Ranking is just a number on a game, you get better over time and if trolls are keeping you down, then it's an illusion. I've dealt with trolls before and now I'm Platinum 1 and I hit 99 LP before and got a glitch. If you're truly good and keep calm, you will get better at League and those self-degrading beings will continue hating themselves and everyone around them. Either way, you prevail by not giving them that satisfaction to anger you. You go Glen-coco!

NOTE: Will stream my climb to Diamond 1 as Lee Sin with commentary in the near future.

If you have any questions on things, add me on League and post here! I will try my best to answer things.
IGN: EthanDaLover
Also here's my referral link if you're making a smurf and want to help me out. Don't need to just if you want to: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f1f4417352b4697690644

Conclusion
Really do hope this helped you guys out. Like I had it previously, add me if you want to play and get some help with your Lee play or catch me while I'm in a game as Lee. ASK ANY QUESTIONS

Brazzers Babe

01-07-2014

Wow, this is one hell of a good tip page! I'm a Lee Sin jungle main as well and I'm always looking for tips on my gameplay and how I play Lee. I like the tip on putting wards on "C" for the jumps because i usually put them on "2" since it was close to "w" but the "c" is definitely a great idea for anyone who wants to learn Lee and I'm going to change it up to get used to the "c". Great guide man, keep it up!

EthanDaLover

01-07-2014

Quote:
Fancy Liger:
Wow, this is one hell of a good tip page! I'm a Lee Sin jungle main as well and I'm always looking for tips on my gameplay and how I play Lee. I like the tip on putting wards on "C" for the jumps because i usually put them on "2" since it was close to "w" but the "c" is definitely a great idea for anyone who wants to learn Lee and I'm going to change it up to get used to the "c". Great guide man, keep it up!

Thank you, glad you got something to help you out.

buttDetergent

01-07-2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJvKx1n8TE

So do all Lee Sins do this?

EthanDaLover

01-07-2014

Quote:
buttDetergent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJvKx1n8TE

So do all Lee Sins do this?

No, a lot of people do not want to waste a flash unless a kill is provided and it's not that hard of a technique was fast hands

BeyonDBetteR

01-08-2014

how can you get better at ur Q?

EthanDaLover

01-08-2014

Quote:
BeyonDBetteR:
how can you get better at ur Q?

Smart cast, get a close angle, and make sure you know you're going to hit it. You want to not get juked so easily from a distances. You can ward hop to them, slow them with your cripple and land an easy Q. Also when you're ulting, you should know where they are going to be so you can easily throw a Q in their direction while they're moving to the direction you placed them in.

BeyonDBetteR

01-09-2014

When should I go ad lee sin or tanky lee sin?

EthanDaLover

01-09-2014

Quote:
BeyonDBetteR:
When should I go ad lee sin or tanky lee sin?

Depends on your play style to be honest, I run 19-11 masteries so I do damage and I can build a brutalizer then some tanky items so I feel like a meat shield late game that can make plays. If you're snowballing early and get two kills before your first B, I highly suggest getting some damage, maybe a ravenous hydra or get the lizard. But when you're snowballing, make sure you get a bit of tankiness early and it will make it harder for them to stop you. It's also situational on the enemy team and if they're getting fed. If the enemy ADC is getting really big, I suggest a randuins rush after the Golem jungle item. If AP is getting fed I usually get Aegis because it's an all around great item.

BeyonDBetteR

01-09-2014

Ty for ur help also I main lee sin jungle. Lee sin is my main reason I might main jungle. Is there a way I can predict where there going to juke my Q? Also what's ur favorite lee sin skin?