Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide]: Urgot - Game Winner Extraordinaire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrgotToBeKidding

12-27-2010

Quote:
welcome to urgot - game winner extraordinaire

please view and comment/rate these links while you're here:
Original build post: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/urgot-game-winner-extraordinaire-41915
new super advanced urgot jungle guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/urgot-i-can-has-find-the-jungle-book-44537 (warning do not try with under 50 urgot games played)

Quote:

1. Intro
2. Item variables
3. Playstyle
4. Tips
5. Item explanations
6. Items, runes, masteries, summoner spells and skills. (aka tl;dr)

i don't want to bore you with details, so skip to tl;dr if you already have a working playstyle for urgot (or are just plain lazy).

Quote:
1. Intro

the basic idea of this build is to farm your behind off, whilst supporting your team and gaining a huge kda, but without being "that guy" who is always starting the fights. Your role as urgot is mostly to mop up messes and shut down carries, but also be superman from nowhere for those fights that your opponents incorrectly assumed were 4v5 (hide and pop out when engaged). The movespeed stacking allows you to farm between fights much more easily as well as land outrageous corrosive charge combos during the "pace and wait" standoffs. You will also notice massive mp5, which allows you to never stop harassing, and in many cases barely grant you the mana for kills at level 5-9. Tl;dr: Anti-carry on wheels.

I have played urgot for over 200 matches (all at level 30, half ranked), most of which were before the big buff he was given. That said, i have always used a build similar to this one.

i have escaped elo hell (sub 1200) with this, starting from 1k.

Quote:
2. Item variables

If the enemy team has at least 3 players with more than 2.5k health (or 200 armor), replace your Manamune with Madred's Bloodrazor at endgame (this will usually happen).

If in any case you feel that you really need a specific item, you will usually substitute Last Whisper. If this isn't an option (armor heavy), you can substitue manamune once you finish AD items and have enough levels for mp5 runes to cover you.

Quote:
3. Playstyle

go mid. Mid is what makes this work. You play HYPER-AGGRESSIVE and make your enemy either back or die by never missing acid hunter combos.Out-harass or kill them until the teamfight phase, being sure to completely deny them experience and gold (chase them away from minions and don't auto-attack minions, let them push away from the enemy tower). If your early game is not working, just be patient and farm manamune.

Once you get manamune and r2 boots, run around ganking lanes asap (dont bother if they are being defensive). If your lanes are dominating, continue to farm mid. Throughout the game, if you are not killing champions you should be farming either a lane or jungle.

During teamfights, try hard to get corrosive charge on all the enemies, then aim for the squishy. Use only acid hunter if you have to keep your distance, otherwise run in and autoattack while spamming acid hunter. Ultimate is best used to stop runners rather than initiate teamfights. However, if the enemy has a very fed physical attacker feel free to swap them into your team, disabling the enemy dps and getting a kill simultaneously. Don't be afraid to harass tanks too. In a large-scale battle, only ult if someone is more fed than you, or you are going to be focused.

Quote:
4. Tips
-corrosive charge on the ground gives you sight for a short time, use it to preclear bushes.
-have blue rune buff in every teamfight if possible
-buy one ward every base trip. It is very very worth the money.
-you can solo dragon at level 7 with manamune and full health.
-acid hunter can lock on through fog of war if your mouse is over them.
-acid hunter's range (even through fog) is about equal to kog'maw's rank 2 ultimate, if you can lock on.
-don't chase for early kills (-9) unless it's a sure thing.
-use corrosive charge and terror capacitor to open, then hit with a few acid hunters and if possible auto attack. Getting the acid hunters down is slightly difficult. Once you can chain 3 acid hunters you will hurt a lot.
-terror capacitor slows activate upon acid hunter's hits. This means you can activate it while a missile is midair to add a slow.
-if you need to spam dps, just keep hitting acid hunter and auto attacking. Use other skills if they are up and you have the mana.
-you can use your ult to catch runners.
-shoot acid hunter at minions while killing turrets to take advantage of the trinity force damage.

Quote:
5. Item explanations

manamune: Infinite mana and 74 ad for 300 more gold than a bf sword? Yes please!

Ionian boots of Lucidity: CDR. GODLY.

Sheen: The burst is very valuable before you get your bonus ad much higher.

The bloodthirster: Tons of ad we need for taking down carries in 2-3 shots, plus lifesteal to keep you laning well after your opponents have backed. Late because of price and being unable to keep stacks.

Last whisper: Should be an obvious choice, this item makes it possible for you to harm tanks in any way at all.

Trinity force: This item really puts the "got" in "urgot". Everything about this item is great once you already ad stacked into oblivion (the more ad you have the less each point is worth, so grab other stats).

Quote:
6. Items, runes, masteries, summoner spells and skills (aka tl;dr):

Items:
Meki Pendant, health potx2
(long sword>boots>tear)
Manamune
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Vampiric Scepter
Last Whisper
Zeal
Sheen
Trinity Force
BF Sword
The Bloodthirster
BF Sword
The Bloodthirster

runes:
Arpen marks
mp5/lvl seals and glyphs
arpen quints

Masteries:
15/0/15
Offense by tier:
3/0/0/1
1/4
0/0/3/0

Utility by tier:
0/3/0/1
4/0
1/3/2/0
0/1

summoner spells:
Ghost and Flash

Skills:
Max acid hunter first, then 3 points terror capacitor, max corrosive charge. This is to give us a strong defensive midgame before lifesteal and Trinity Force arrive.
QEQWQRQWQWREEEERWW

please rate and comment

http://http://i52.tinypic.com/2pob6dk.jpg (http://http://i52.tinypic.com/2pob6dk.jpg)

Grinningsphinx

12-27-2010

Acid hunter's range (even through fog) is about equal to kog'maw's rank 3 ultimate, if you can lock on.

ummm No...its not, not in any way, shape or form.

Guide fails because you have zero defence.

UrgotToBeKidding

12-27-2010

Quote:
Grinningsphinx:
Acid hunter's range (even through fog) is about equal to kog'maw's rank 3 ultimate, if you can lock on.

ummm No...its not, not in any way, shape or form.

Guide fails because you have zero defence.

Trinity force puts your health at 2500 and scepter keeps it topped off. If you can't live with 2500 you would die anyway.

And yes, Acid hunter can go that far if they are moving quickly and carry a spear trail.

GoliathZ

12-29-2010

This guide is pretty good, Thanks .

I used a part of this build today ( didn't remember most of it).And i did pretty good even though i played carelessly and we lost in the end.

I didn't use Manamune before and it turns out it's a godly item on urgot.Butt loads of mana and damge to bout - Yes please!

Ow and p.s. what does the scepter comment in the last post talk about? I don't see any scepter mention in the upper posts.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

12-29-2010

who is urgot?

HMS BUTTPEE

12-29-2010

I MUCH prefer to build a Frozen Mallet or other survivability after Trinity Force.

DrDragun

12-29-2010

Instead of attack speed items buy a 1600g Glacial Shroud (20% CDR), which with masteries makes your acid hunter a 1.4 second cooldown. When you get acid hunter so low you can hunter-autoattack-move, hunter-autoattack-move, which is the normal Urgot DPS pattern. I don't think straight AS helps very much because you are always interrupting your attack animation with more acid hunters. Plus Glacial Shroud gives you some armor and the mana feeds into manamune.

UrgotToBeKidding

12-29-2010

Quote:
DrDragun:
Instead of attack speed items buy a 1600g Glacial Shroud (20% CDR), which with masteries makes your acid hunter a 1.4 second cooldown. When you get acid hunter so low you can hunter-autoattack-move, hunter-autoattack-move, which is the normal Urgot DPS pattern. I don't think straight AS helps very much because you are always interrupting your attack animation with more acid hunters. Plus Glacial Shroud gives you some armor and the mana feeds into manamune.

I have experimented with glacial shroud and it really cripples your damage compared to Phantom Dancer. It can be good when the enemy is very physical heavy and you don't need Last Whisper. Additionally, that pattern does not work in full teamfights.

UrgotToBeKidding

12-29-2010

Quote:
Nyyyyyy:
I MUCH prefer to build a Frozen Mallet or other survivability after Trinity Force.

If that's your playstyle, go for it. I used to build very defensive CDR/AD, but after a lot of practice I've found this setup to be superior. If you get below half health with this build, you're not playing a ranged carry properly anyway.

Also, updated item list with some major buy order changes which has been godmoding me every ranked match.

UrgotToBeKidding

12-30-2010

Bump.