Lux Guide - AP Carry Style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geegs

Recruiter

08-04-2011

I just recently submitted my first guide on Solomid.net. It's on Lux and I would be ecstatic if you guys checked it out. Even in your don't "Like" it, views are still awesome.
AP Carry Lux: Lasers From The Light Of Demacia

Thanks beforehand,
Geegs

BanderitaUSA

08-05-2011

Seen it. I really want to find a use for Haunting Guise, and Lux's ratios aren't that great anyway. Mejai's is usually good, though 800 gold really sets you back, unless you have amazing farm or get the 5 charges really fast, but Lux is so away from fights it's the only decent user probably.

Carados

08-05-2011

Why Morellos when you have flat CDR runes? CDR caps at 40%, you know.

TheQueefelTower

08-05-2011

I didn't get a chance yet to read the whole thing, but as an AP Carry you want Ignite and not CV (your bottom lane support will have that).

More comments to come! I've also got a Lux guide coming out. Check out my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0EDWpM8FYc

Geegs

Recruiter

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanderitaUSA View Post
Seen it. I really want to find a use for Haunting Guise, and Lux's ratios aren't that great anyway.
You think 0.7 on the snare, 0.6 on the AoE and 0.75 on her ult aren't good ratios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Why Morellos when you have flat CDR runes? CDR caps at 40%, you know.
Direct quote from the guide: "[Morello's] is only an option if there is someone on your team that takes blue buff instead of you. It gives a decent amount of AP, CDR, and mana regen, all things that Lux benefits from."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAnNie BanDiT View Post
I didn't get a chance yet to read the whole thing, but as an AP Carry you want Ignite and not CV (your bottom lane support will have that).
I explain why I take CV in the summoner spells section.

BanderitaUSA

08-05-2011

They are on a long cooldown sadly. Annie has slightly better ratios AND more AoE. LeBlanc has similar cooldowns but a lot stronger Ratios.
They aren't bad ratios, but they aren't great either considering it's cooldowns. I'm not telling CDR or MPen are superior, because I haven't tested it enough, but I do know that even with Rabadon, Void Staff, Sorc Shoes, and some other AP item, she still doesn't do enough damage.