Singed build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostDieM

12-27-2010

So I've picked up Singed today because my pre-made desperately needs a tank (I'm the tank/off-tank guy in our team, and I enjoy playing them) and I've done a few bot practice games, going to play some 'live' practice games tomorrow but just wanted to see if my build is any good on him. Probably going to lane together with a Panth btw

Currently my build is:

Sapph Chrystal + hp pots (I like to be agressive, especially when laning with Panth hopefully feeding him some kills)
Boots
Catalyst
Boots of Swiftness
RoA
BV/Sunfire
BV/Sunfire
Rylaiís

Some questions I have are:

Does Rylai's slow proc on his abilities?
How can I prevent his Fling from bugging out? It happens a lot in practice vs bots where I fling them but the enemy stays in place instead of being thrown back.
What's a good strategy? Been checking the guides and some recommend going tank and using your fling. Others (like condon's) recommend going more AP and raising hell on minions.
I find killing champs solo is quite hard (even against bots) so I'm leaning more towards going tank and supporting my team.

Thanks in advance, DieM

LOLMARINE

12-27-2010

your build looks pretty solid, except for the two Sunfire's. Sunfire stacking no longer works (R.I.P Garen) as of the last patch, so I guess it would be BV AND Sunfire, not either/or.

Rylai's procs with your q to slow for 15%, and it slows for the full 35% with your fling.

Not sure what you can do about the fling bug, its acknowledged but theres really no fix for it, I've personally never had it happen to me when I play singed, but then again, I don't play Singed all that much anyway.

If your team needs a tank, be the tank, all you have to do is pop your R or ghost and run in like a mofo to fling some poor slob into the rest of your team. Personally, I think Rammus and Shen are much better tanks but I suppose it's your choice.

Redenbacher

12-27-2010

I noticed the 'fling bug' when playing Blitzcrank, and suffice to say I do not encounter that issue in a real game. I believe it is a bug with bots, and not with champions/characters in general. Every grab I land pulls my target

@LOLMARINE - I don't think he's stacking sunfires, but taking one or the other at each step. If he took the BVeil first, he'd take Sunfire second, or vice versa.

The build looks good to me - the only thing I would consider changing is perhaps picking up an Abyssal Scepter if the game allows for it. I think the strategy is simply dicated by the game you're in. If you need more tankiness, then that's what you build - if you can afford to build more offensively, then you have that freedom as well. I've even seen some builds recommending a double RoA.

Singed is really good at creating a mess, really fast, and not dying either.

hydrogencar

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
So I've picked up Singed today because my pre-made desperately needs a tank (I'm the tank/off-tank guy in our team, and I enjoy playing them) and I've done a few bot practice games, going to play some 'live' practice games tomorrow but just wanted to see if my build is any good on him. Probably going to lane together with a Panth btw

Currently my build is:

Sapph Chrystal + hp pots (I like to be agressive, especially when laning with Panth hopefully feeding him some kills)
Boots
Catalyst
Boots of Swiftness
RoA
BV/Sunfire
BV/Sunfire
Rylai’s

Some questions I have are:

Does Rylai's slow proc on his abilities?
How can I prevent his Fling from bugging out? It happens a lot in practice vs bots where I fling them but the enemy stays in place instead of being thrown back.
What's a good strategy? Been checking the guides and some recommend going tank and using your fling. Others (like condon's) recommend going more AP and raising hell on minions.
I find killing champs solo is quite hard (even against bots) so I'm leaning more towards going tank and supporting my team.

Thanks in advance, DieM
Yes Rylais works on his abilities.
Fling never bugged out to me in a real game.
Strategy: Farm early. Try to teamfight only when you have your ult + ghost up. Walk in or make it look like you get ganked on purpose, basically do ANYTHING to make them focus you, then just ult + ghost, fling some people, throw your slow etc. Try to screw some people up and cancel channeled ults everywhere with your fling (kata fiddle mf etc.)
Other then that, go AGGRESIVE on laning. I mean zoning wise. Literally try to have all enemy minions poisoned and completely try to zone the enemy out.
If it doesn't work, play defensive. But it usually works, if you do it from lvl 1 already.
You can make people play defensive easily as Singed.
Your build is absolutely fine. Replace Sunfire with Randuins though, I mean CD reduc, HP regen. That's already nice but an active that AoE slows? Really? No wonder it got nerfed, it owns. Get it after Banshees.

Edit: Dont forget to farm a lot and push lanes like crazy. With your ult you also rape turrets. Green elixirs help.

Chingmeister

12-27-2010

I don't know that tank-Singed does enough damage without sunfire stacking to be a threat, especially against any sort of dps with lifesteal.

How about a Manamune, rageblade, Atmas, BV, and HTGB?

Singed's highlander lasts 25 seconds....you can do a lot of damage with a 25 second highlander....

hydrogencar

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
I don't know that tank-Singed does enough damage without sunfire stacking to be a threat, especially against any sort of dps with lifesteal.

How about a Manamune, rageblade, Atmas, BV, and HTGB?

Singed's highlander lasts 25 seconds....you can do a lot of damage with a 25 second highlander....
This build would be insanely stupid.
No offense, Sir.

Gato Muerto

12-27-2010

Singed non-AP is not a good investment of materials.
I've seen a player going w/ Warmogs instead of RoA, and although it was hard to burst him down, it was absurdly easy to kill him when we got around to him, and there was minimal reason to not chase (dunno, maybe that was the point).

RoA first. Almost Always. Catalyst first, unless the laning phase has been ridiculously easy.
Rylai's is good.
Sunfire capes is not good. You should be running in front of the pack of enemies while they chase you, so it is only a source of health and armor. Randuins is better for armor and health, if you have one spot for it.
BV is a great item, and forces the opponents to waste more CC on you that doesn't hit your teammates.
Aegis, or Abyssal Scepter are party-support items that will help during team-fights. You should be running around the melee, getting in people's way, and causing general havoc. Your goo and fling are great for forcing fights to happen in the place of your choosing.

That said, Singed was my first main, and although he is decent, good players will ignore you instead of chasing, which is where most of your damage comes from (poison).

Nevrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

As an amazing Singed myself, I can attest that the build I use is very effective in almost every game:
Start with Ruby Crystal- The extra health will help you resist the harassment you will almost guaranteedly be receiving because of your utter lack of range.
Continue the build as you have been, except after you finish Boots of Swiftness, build ANOTHER Rod of Ages. The extra ability power makes your poison and fling even more effective, the extra health makes you more of a tank, the extra mana lets you use your poison almost indefinitely AND because of his passive it also gives you a lot of extra health.
After I finish those two items, I get Force of Nature and Sunfire cape. The order in which I get them usually depends on the enemy team's composition. Whichever damage they favor, build the counter to it first. As for my last item, I usually grab Thornmail or Banshee's Veil, again depending on the enemy team comp... But at the same time, the game usually doesn't last that long because at level 16 I'm backdooring towers every other time my ultimate is off cooldown.
Also, just a Singed tip in my experience, the difference between an amazing Singed and a mundane Singed is Mega-Adhesive Goo. Learn how to use it to cut off your opponent's escape routes and chase routes, and get especially good with putting it in narrow jungle passes. You'll be saving your entire team more times than you can count, and you get to insult your opponents in all chat by explaining how you ruined their attempt by spraying goo all over their faces.

Atticus Alistair

12-27-2010

I've been playing Singed for quite some time, and a current build I'm loving with him goes as follows...

Rush the Rod of Ages. Buy mana crystal and a health and mana potion first.

Build to catalyst. Get boots.

Now you have RoA.

Next... Banshee's Veil.

Your passive has turned all that mana into a **** ton of health. You also have a shield and pretty decent magic resist.

Next... Abyssal Sceptor.

70 AP and you lower the enemy's magic resist. You also gain more magic resist. If at this point, you are facing a magic heavy team, you have to try real hard to die. You are too fast for them. Too healthy, too magic resisty. YES! Magic resisty.

If at this point, I'm still getting hurt by physical attacks, I'll go thornmail. I don't like to, but sometimes, it might be necessary.

If there isn't much physical attacks.... FORCE OF NATURE!!!

More magic resist, more speed... more awesomeness. If you get this far, you are murdering kids. So just spend the rest of your dough on a Lich Bane or Mejai's Soulstealer. With the kills and assists you'll be getting, I've gotten that soulstealer to 17+ easy. Lich Bane is more AP and more speed.

As far as final boots, movement boots of course.

The key is to keep moving, keep flinging, keep glueing, and when you are about to die, haul ass and hope they chase you. Poisen is ALWAYS on.

Singed is so much fun, I can't believe I don't see him more often in the queue.

Chingmeister

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
That said, Singed was my first main, and although he is decent, good players will ignore you instead of chasing, which is where most of your damage comes from (poison).
After a certain point in ELO climb, I kinda gave up on relying on other people chasing me to kill them with Singed.

Then I played Tryndamere for a bit and realized that for 10k gold you get an amazingly mobile champion who dishes out 1k dps.

This made me rethink Singed and many other champions. The question that comes accross my mind when I come up with builds is that for 10k gold, if I have to contribute the same amount as a 10k gold Tryndamere, how would I do so?

I know from experience that RoA, Chain Vest, Negatron Cloak, RoA#2, Rylais, build cloak and vest into stuff works. The 240 AP adds 72 sustained dps to poison and another 24 dps to fling for another 96 sustained dps on your focus target. This is one of the traditional 10k gold Singed builds. Against a target with BV and Mercury threads, the 10k gold adds less than 50 dps.

It does work though. It is kindof like a Randuins, SV, and Rylais on Mundo with CDR runes/masteries and spamming cleavers to snare stack/immobilize and whittle down any target. You do it, and can 1v1 anyone with ease, and youare nearly unkillable, but then an opposing 1k DPS Master Yi or other dps built carry (Mundo with PD, IE, and Starks) comes along and quadrakills the rest of your team while you are dealing (spectacularly btw) with that one helpless opponent.

No one will be able to kill you 1v1 with the traditional 10k gold Singed build. The price for that is that you will not be able to rapidly deal with any problematic opponents. The question that has to be answered then, is are you actually tanking and keeping that carry from initiating and killing your entire team if your damage is ignoreable?

Personally, I really like killing squishies in seconds as an alternative way of tanking them, especially if there is another tank on the team already initiating.

Manamune, rageblade, atmas, BV, and a Scythe would wreck a squishies face far faster than the roughly 50-100 dps the traditional 10k gold build adds to Singed. There has been mobility and dps creep which means you really have less time to run around and poison everyone in the traditional style. Instead of facing champions like Ashe with 2 damaging abilities you are facing a MF with 4 different active damage abilities. To make melee dps more viable they now have enourmous burst like Panth. Running around to poison everyone over and over again and winning an attrition war instead of bursting someone down is a lot more challenging. If you are relying on say, poison to take down a 2k hp problematic carry like Pantheon over 20 seconds, you might as well say goodbye to half your team. This is one of the reasons you don't see Singed as often anymore.

All that being said, Singed still does a decent knock off of Master Yi.