Corki post nerf!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawketfuel

12-29-2009

Soooo I saved up 6400 ip and bought Corki to find out it wasn't the same hero that he used to be..... i typically played corki as a ranged AP Nuke character with my bombs taking off 20% of ppl's lifes while remaining in a safe distance.

I tried my same ol build -
Sorc boots
RoA
Lichbane
Rylai's Scepter
Banshee's Veil
Zhonya's

that didnt work so i went looking on the forums tried a Attack build where the main focus was a trinity force and some other items and i still wasn't the power house i remember

Any suggestions for new builds or strategies
(btw nerf to Valkyrie has made it a lot more difficult to play corki so i might just have to adjust to that)

Gough

12-29-2009

I still run my damage build with trinity force and have still found it quite successful. The main issue I've had is the shorter range on valkyrie. The increased mana cost and reduced aoe aren't a huge issue. Just need to be a bit more careful, can't just run in and assume you can valkyrie out to safety anymore.

emmkaygee

12-29-2009

yep. corki is still a great damage dealer, definitely still a great carry. you just have to be a lot more careful now, valk won't save you nearly as easily as before. and your area damage isn't as OP with the range nerf.

that said, the nerfs probably affected AP corki a lot more than the as/crit corki that i play.

i'd say go trinity force in order of sheen->phage->zeal with zerker boots after sheen, then just get bf sword items.

keftes

Recruiter

12-30-2009

AP corki has been nerfed afew patches ago, it's ancient history. Physical is still strong - AP isnt.

tenebre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-30-2009

does anyone happen to have a corki build that doesnt include trinity force? Every build on every corki has it and I feel that it is pretty lackluster for its cost.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

I've had lots of success going..

Long sword + hp pot
Black Cleaver / Boots (Swiftness, Mobility, Merc, or Berserker)
Brutalizer

then any other damage/speed/survivability items...by then you should be doing incredible amounts of damage to anyone.

Spam gattling gun and p-bomb when physical carries try to approach you. Use your ult to harrass and deal some damage when chasing. Use Valkyrie to chase and run....Corki is still amazing in fights

HowlingKommando

12-30-2009

Corki is still very powerful.

Barracudo

12-30-2009

meki -> philo
sheen
last whisper
black cleaver
lich bane

Oolius

12-30-2009

DMG Corki is the go.