Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ip/Xp rewards.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Olympian2012

12-29-2009

Hi, i was just wondering how to get more ip/xp rewards and how it works.

I was puzzled when i wona game with 12(i think maybe 12-15)-0-10 killed 139 minions and 7 towers... got 97 ip 107 xp...???and we won the game.(it was a fast game I woulda got way mroe kills, but what ever)

another time i got more deaths, less kills, less towers. and got 250 ip- forgot xp. o.o????

I am trying to buy lot of runes and leveling up. So i was just wonder how to get more ip/xp.

Exantius

12-29-2009

Kills, Deaths, Creep kills, and other statistics don't matter when IP/XP is calculated.

The only real thing that matters is whether you win or not. You get some small bonuses if you win quickly or lose slowly. You also get a hefty bonus for your first win every 24 hours.

Slight variance in IP/XP gains, I'm guessing, depends on the ELO of the teams. I'm not sure if you get more for beating a team better than yours or if you get more for having a higher ELO in general, but it's not something you really have control over either way.

BeakOr

12-30-2009

The reason you got a buttload of IP/XP was probably the first win bonus. Other than that, you essentially get the same every time you win/lose (slight differences from time, no-leave bonus).