Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dual monitor on the mac

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Princess Bridan

Recruiter

12-29-2013

I have my mac connected to my TV via HDMI cable. I cannot figure it out myself, so if someone can help explain how to have the actual game play on the secondary screen, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also when i have the client open with dual monitor right now it glitches where it clicks on the other screen. Often making new folders. So if that can be fixed and if someone can help me pull up the game client on the second screen thanks. And Im talking about the actual full screen game. Not just the client where u drag and drop.

ChickenAnlyst

12-29-2013

One option, non-technical:
1) Play in full screen mode and move the game to the 2nd screen. Or do this in Windowed Mode.

Second option, technical:
2) Go in Settings->Display and set the primary display as the secondary screen.

YGBSM

12-29-2013

If you're on mavericks, go to the System Preferences when you have both displays on and drag the white menu bar from your small mac display to the tv display. This should make your tv the primary display and everything should run like normal from the tv when you launch the full screen game.

Princess Bridan

Recruiter

12-29-2013

Thanks ill give this a try. Ive been trying to figure it out for a while. And am i the only one getting the bug where it clicks on the other display. I olay unlocked and i right clicked while moving the screen. It often creates a new folder and when Im done with the game i have 10 folders to move to the trash bin

YGBSM

12-29-2013

I haven't heard of clicking on the other screen and making new folders. Make sure you have LoL installed in the Applications folder, and you aren't pinning it to the dock, but actually clicking on it in the Applications folder. If you're using a laptop, doing closed clamshell mode (plug in computer to AC adapter then connect to the display) will mirror your computer desktop to the screen and turn off the laptop display which might help. You could try submitting a support ticket if that doesn't help.