Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My Favorite Champion, Fiora, Needs Buffs (with Remake Ideas)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

12-29-2013

Edit: Fiora remake in the works by Guinsoo. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=46275976#46275976)

Simply put, I love Fiora a lot as a champ, but she needs a lot of random buffs to help her be more in like with the newer champs. When I see champs like Yasuo existing, I can't help but feel a bit envious that Fiora has been basically neglected for so long.

I wrote a bunch of simple remake ideas for Fiora on the LoL Wiki. (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Nhan-Fiction/(Champion_Remake)_Fiora,_the_Grand_Duelist) Most of the ideas are nothing crazy, but the point of them is to help ease Fiora into being more of a practical and liked character.

She has a really cool concept as a champ, but she needs justified refinement to iron out her weaknesses.

Fiora forever. <3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is a sample of what I mean on trying to improve Fiora (based on Version 3.) (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Nhan-Fiction/(Champion_Remake)_Fiora,_the_Grand_Duelist_(Version_3))

Duelist
Fiora triggers a Duel whenever she uses a basic attack or Lunge against an enemy champion, allowing her to build up Duelist stacks. Last 6 seconds. Cap of 4 Duelist stacks.

Duelist stacks provide different effects:

TALENT: Grants 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 armor penetration for each stack against the enemy champion in a Duel.

HONOR: Reduces 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 incoming damage for each stack from an enemy champion in a Duel.

DISCIPLINE: Restores 2 / 3 / 4 / 5% of Fiora's missing health over 6 seconds for each stack.

Any Duel is reset if Fiora uses a basic attack or Lunge on a different enemy champion.

Lunge
ACTIVE: Fiora dashes forward to strike her target's weak spot, dealing physical damage and inflicting Grievous Wounds (reduces healing and health regeneration by 50%) for 2 seconds.

Fiora can perform the dash a second time within 4 seconds at no mana cost.

Riposte
PASSIVE: Fiora's attack damage is increased.

ACTIVE: Fiora parries the next basic attack within 1.5 seconds, preventing all damage and on-hit/secondary effects. A successful parry deals magic damage to the attacker and then applies an effect based on the type of attack used.

MELEE: Fiora causes her opponent to stagger, stunning the attacker for 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds.

RANGED: The parry slows the attacker's attack speed by 50% for 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds.

Works against champions, monsters and large minions.

Burst of Speed
ACTIVE: Fiora gains additional attack speed for 4 seconds. Each basic attack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her movement speed for 4 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. Fiora is also immune to all minion damage during this duration.

Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed. Assists reduce the cooldown by half of the base amount.

(Using this skill still resets Fiora's auto-attack.)

Blade Waltz
ACTIVE: Fiora instantly dashes around the battlefield¬óbecoming untargetable in the process¬ódealing physical damage to enemy champion(s) 5 times. Successive hits against the same target deal 25% damage (a crit deals 50% damage instead). Each strike applies on-hit effects and can crit.
------------------------------------------------------------
And sure, some would argue that Fiora doesn't need these kind of changes. I do agree to some degree, but it would be better she got at least SOMETHING rather than be left in the state she is.

As I always argue with people, Fiora is indeed decent on some level, but she clearly has glaring flaws that need to be fixed.

I just keep coming across people who try to justify Fiora being underpowered.

Crabl0rd

12-29-2013

I agree. It feels like the distance between top tier and mid tier just keeps getting wider and wider these days,

Hippo77

12-29-2013

Your ideas unfortunately won't fix her problems or change much about her win/loss ratio.

Nhan Fiction

12-29-2013

Quote:
Crabl0rd:
I agree. It feels like the distance between top tier and mid tier just keeps getting wider and wider these days,

No kidding. T_T

Nhan Fiction

12-29-2013

Quote:
Hippo77:
Your ideas unfortunately won't fix her problems or change much about her win/loss ratio.

Why not? I firmly believe Fiora isn't a "bad" champ per se, even if many champs are ahead of her and outshadow her in different regards. I have long thought she has been on the cusp of being really good, even with her current design, but she just needs some minor upgrades in some spots of her kit/numbers.

Dager007

12-30-2013

Quote:
Nhan Fiction:
Why not? I firmly believe Fiora isn't a "bad" champ per se, even if many champs are ahead of her and outshadow her in different regards. I have long thought she has been on the cusp of being really good, even with her current design, but she just needs some minor upgrades in some spots of her kit/numbers.

Fiora is honestly very powerful as she is right now. How about instead of making her already insane damage even higher we learn to dodge CC skills, know when to go in, and actually play to her strengths instead of making her another bruiser with lackluster damage that just treads through CC?

Hippo77

12-30-2013

Quote:
Nhan Fiction:

She needs work in how her kit benefits her, for example in lane. She doesn't need extra damage and help in trying to snowball.

For example, she's easy to gank, she has only a gapcloser + MS boost, no CC.

Tankarmor

12-30-2013

just because of the fact that you LIKE fiora, I had to downvote this. Fiora deserves one level down from whatever horrible fate that teemo deserves because she is so damn annoying. Thankyou.

Jesus The Lord

12-30-2013

Quote:
Dager007:
Fiora is honestly very powerful as she is right now.

Rofl.

Fiora is garbage. Zero cc, extremely susceptible to cc herself, no escape mechanism and worst of all, she's a terrible duelist. Every half decent dueling character completely rapes Fiora; Shen, Shyvana, Sion, Lee, Jax, Malphite, Trundle, Nasus, Riven, etc.

DukeWellington

12-30-2013

I agree. I really like Fiora, and I use her for 90% of my matches. For playing matches with lower level folks she can be pretty good as her ult and W can be quite confusing for noobs, but for higher levels she's just...