Establishing a defense against The Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slovakattack

12-28-2010

You have need of a diplomat to the Void?

Fools. The Void is implacable; it cannot be reasoned with. However, it can be lied to, mis-directed and fooled for a short time. The Void is not infallible. War is won and lost by the control of information and the spread of mis-information among the enemy.

I can buy the time we need to prepare a defense against the coming darkness.

I will join your council. Not because I want to, but because the void will consume the RuneTerra itself if nobody stops it.

Demacia and Nox participate in their petty squabbles, weakening their neighbors and themselves.

The High Council of Magic does not recognize the Void as a legitimate threat.

When the Void comes, it will be a massacre, and I have invested far too much time and energy into RuneTerra to see it fall now.

So, I will join your "council," for if we do nothing; we have already lost.

Use me well.

~Verroq Ex Valerian

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2010

You misunderstand our intentions, Verroq Ex Valerian. We do not seek diplomacy with the Void, but rather with the sovereignties and peoples of Runeterra. Unless you are willing to fulfill this role, we have no vacancies available on the council. We will gladly accept you as a member of the order, however, if you are not inclined toward diplomacy.

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2010

Indeed it is the very difficulties that you mention that make an expert in diplomacy so vital to our cause. Without the ability to mediate the warring interests of Valoran, all of our efforts mean nothing. We may plan strategies, but without numbers and unity our task shall be nigh-impossible.

Rafeo

12-29-2010

I shall gladly fight the void with all my strength and Narenth will too; You may put us in warfare

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/126

o0sniper50o

12-29-2010

It is good to see so many people realizing how much danger the Void shall give us if we do not do something to ready ourselves against the threat. And yes I said I was taking a trip south of the barrier but I got lost along the way and ended up here.

Die Nacht

12-29-2010

Well, now that we have some people, we need to start doing stuff.

First thing I propose is that we find Icathia. As we know, the void is not a place in Runeterra, so we can't actually build a fort and defend in some place. We will literally be flanked from everywhere.

There appears to be either a portal or a weak link in Icathia. So we need to find it, close it, and see if it has information more links and portals.

As for the Intelligence council, I found a strange correlation between all voidborn and void-related creatures: they all have the power to stop magic, to silence magic, if you will. All except for the Kog'Maw, that is. Still not sure what sets him apart (except for his lower intelligence). Thought it might be helpful to mention that.

o0sniper50o

12-29-2010

To put it simply the Void eats everything, Kog'Maw and Cho'Gath are examples of that since they are creatures from the Void. However Malzahar and Kassadin, who are beings affected by the Void and not actually a void-born weild silencing magic. Why? Because they weild a form of dimensional magic and can summon null space, the stuff dimensions are made of.

Indestructable, easly malleable, and very unstable without the proper magical knowledge, it can create and destroy the Void. However only those who are exposed to the Void or posses knowledge on the wielding of dimensional magics can create null space, and only for a designated period of time. The reason it is capable of silencing magic is because just as matter flows to fill in a vacum, magic flows to fill the null space allowing the user of the null space to drain magic or at the very least cause a disruption hampering the use of magical energy.

And on a smaller note "null space" is an unofficial term, the council can decide what to publicly name it if they do not like the title.

Die Nacht

12-29-2010

Yes but you seen to forget something, Cho'Gath can use this "null space". That or he has a different way of draining magic. His scream appears to block the magic of his opponents.

Or he simply scares the pants off of them, rending their magic useless. (that is a joke. Consider it off the records).

Slovakattack

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryypter View Post
You misunderstand our intentions, Verroq Ex Valerian. We do not seek diplomacy with the Void, but rather with the sovereignties and peoples of Runeterra. Unless you are willing to fulfill this role, we have no vacancies available on the council. We will gladly accept you as a member of the order, however, if you are not inclined toward diplomacy.
It appears I have indeed misjudged you.

Good.

Diplomacy with the various factions of Runeterra, would be, in my opinion, a waste. Demacia and Nox are bound by chains of hatred, forged in the fires of constant warfare. They have no eye for an enemy, save each other.

While I would prefer being in a more... active position, I will help the effort in whatever capacity you deem appropriate. On the other hand...

Those that have allied themselves with the Void... must be removed. If Runeterra is divided, we have already lost. I request to engage the enemy summoners and their followers. Do not worry, I am used to acting with the utmost discretion. It would not do for our Council to be called up and tried by the Institute for war crimes or similar nonsense.

The war has already begun; I and my followers aim to strike the first blow.

With your permission...

~Verroq Ex Valerian

Cryypter

12-29-2010

I beleive Cho'Gath's Feral Scream merely interferes with the concentration required for using magic, but I am not entirely sure. As it stands, we have yet to encounter a Voidborn who wields any form of magic, since Malzahar is not Voidborn, as you mentioned, and Cho'Gath's and Kog'Maw's abilities seem to be more organic in nature.

And Die Nacht, we need a full council before we can take any actions, as we still have various details to decide upon for the organization of this order.

(Edit: )
Verroq Ex Valerian, whoever leads each division must fully believe in and be committed to their focus. It appears Warfare is better suited to both your tastes and your expertise than Diplomacy, but unless one of the current council members of that division step down, you will have to be content with a secondary position.