Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Establishing a defense against The Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryypter

12-27-2010

UPDATE: This has moved to an RP event (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=429815).

There is an ongoing discussion of the Void (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=404574), begun by one who has aligned himself with it. He has created a list of those who support his cause. This has brought to my attention the number of those who have given in to the Void, and I believe the time is right for we who are dedicated to stopping them to organize. I seek people willing to assist me in forming an Order of guardians who will work to address this threat. Who will assist me in this venture?

To create this order, we must hammer out various details regarding its organization and hierarchy, the specifics of it's mission(s), the actions that may and will be taken by it's members. I have various ideas which we can use as a base which we can work with and modify. I believe it should be led by a council, with each council member heading a division assigned to a specific function. Such functions could include:
- Administration: Focuses on organizing efforts with multiple divisions, and general managerial tasks. (Filled)
- Warfare: Focuses on training and logistics for combating the Voidborn and their allies. (Filled)
- Research: Focuses on learning about all Void-related subjects, especially methods for repairing the barrier between this world and the Void. (Filled)
- Intelligence: Focuses on discovering plans, strategies, and tactics of the Voidborn and their allies. (Filled)
- Diplomacy: Focuses on education and collaboration, both with governments and institutions, and with the general public. (Filled)
- Finance: In charge of the treasury, procurement of resources and supplies, and all other financial matters. (Filled)

For now, only the future leaders will be included and deliberate on the creation of this organization. If it is deemed necessary to maintain secrecy, we will find a private forum for discussion. Once we have concluded discussions and are ready to found this endeavor, we must create a message to gather members. (OOC: In other words, once we finish making it, we should make another thread for it.)

-- Summoner Cryypter

Council of Eight:
Cryypter - Administration
Deadeye Sniper - Intelligence
Griffon Steelgod - Research
Die Nacht - Research
Kios Anim - Warfare
Haelion Bastion - Warfare
Verroq Ex Valerian - Diplomacy
Liliana Monteclaire - Finance

Potential Members:

Rafeo Fyre - Warfare
Fjord - Research
Epic
Domex - Warfare/Diplomacy
Tekun Valos
Motas
Hige - Warfare

Undead Mantis

12-27-2010

Ah, your devotion is admirable but will not save you in the end.

By all means, organize.

Griffon Steelgod

12-27-2010

I'm assembling a team of scientists on the Academy of Advanced Magical Studies that will work on repairing the barrier. I already have lots of theoretical work done about extradimensional rift formation and effects of magic on the stability of time-space continuum (and am waiting to receive a doctorate for this work). We would also welcome any help from the Yordle Academy of Science & Progress.

For great science!

- Summoner Griffon Steelgod, member of Academy of Advanced Magical Studies, Piltover

Cryypter

12-27-2010

I'm not sure I quite understand your intentions, Steelgod. Are you saying you want to be a part of this organization, or merely that our goals coincide?

Transience

12-27-2010

Ah, people with true intelligence and understanding. I had underestimated Valoran in that regard and I know comprehend the magnitude of my mistake. You continue to impress me Cryypter. Yet, it remains to be seen how many will rally to you. Admittedly, our numbers are not particularly large but you seek something unique.

You seek people who will help seal the barrier before any real threats emerge. The lesser of the voidborn would, honestly, be a relatively minor threat. It is only when the barrier is all but gone that that battle will become somewhat unwinnable for you. I say somewhat because you have proved me wrong before and you hold the potential to do so again.

You have the knowledge, but do you have the creativity required? Regardless, my knowledge of what lies within the Void is at your disposal even though you know who I serve. It's only fair you understand your enemy as they understand you. Whether I'm being honest or whether I'm worth anyone's trust is up to you. The best to you Summoner Cryypter. The sun is setting upon the world, you have less time than you may think.

-Transience, summoner aligned to the Void. The Father's representative.

o0sniper50o

12-28-2010

I would not enjoy it to much if the world were to be engulfed by the Void for this world is where I trade most of my wares not to mention the bountiful magical energy that exists here. While it may seem a little bit cold and heartless, I believe only in the truth for it is lies that have turned me into what I am. On a slightly lighter note, may I request permision to participate in the collection of intelligence? You would be suprised at how many people these days don't notice me even when I'm standing in plain sight not to mention my various...other methods that have proved to be effective.

-Independent Summoner Deadeye Sniper

Die Nacht

12-28-2010

This was an issue that came to my attention when I read the JoJ issue article on the Void and the champions we have from them. The journalist, L.B. Briskes, like always, seem not bothered by what Kassadin and Malzahar (the only ones who could be comprehended). I sent a letter to the Insitute asking if any research was being done on the legendary Ichatia, but no response was given (I believe they might be hiding something).

I would love to join your order as a researcher. I have been south of the barrier several times (one ending badly) and am familiar with the surroundings. I would love to find this Icathia and see if it has any information on stopping the Void (assuming it is actually coming. These people could just be all crazy). But regardless of their sanity, finding the lost Icathia civilization would still be beneficial for history, geography, magic and who knows what else.

-Kalamandian Summoner, Nacht (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/31)

Griffon Steelgod

12-28-2010

I'm saying I've already started some work on researching the void, and I'd gladly join your organization, Cryypter.

- Summoner Griffon Steelgod, member of Academy of Advanced Magical Studies, Piltover

Cryypter

12-28-2010

Now that we have some members, we need of work out the structure of this order.

As you can see, we have multiple summoners who specialize in research. Do you think we should choose one to be the head who is on the council, have multiple council members for research, or split it into multiple divisions, each focusing on a specific area (Icathia, the barrier, etc.)? In general, do you think the divisions are satisfactory, or do we need more? Should we have multiple council members from each division?

Areia Polias

Recruiter

12-28-2010

I vote for violencing the Void into submission. Peace through strength!

By the way, organizational reality dictates that people can multitask three things on average. Make different divisions answerable to single organizational body (either president or council). Only through organization can we overcome the chaos of the Void.