Ask (nearing) Gentleman Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskChoGath

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the String View Post
Sona watched as the maid brought in Ionian rice cakes (of which she never particularly enjoyed or despised) and juice. When the maid left she returned to her music, taking a sip of juice every now and then.

When Cho'Gath finally arrived she stopped her music and gave the Voidborn her undivided attention.

"So I assume my letter did not arrive yet..." Sona concluded, "Figured. Well I was hoping, if you were not terribly busy, we could have a elegant conversation about music. You see... I have been asked to preform for a benefit for Ionians who have been harmed by the Noxian occupation, and have been asked to play new elegant music. Unfortunately...as luck would have it, I seemed to have hit a sort of writer's block with inspiration. I was hoping someone of elegance and grace such as yourself could help inspire me once again...but if I interrupted something terribly important I can always return at a later date... I'm terribly sorry my letter did not arrive in time."

He tilted his head at the mention of her letter. If she had sent him one, it might have either gone to his cell in the dungeons or he had thrown away when he first moved into the mansion. He had only been living in the mansion for a week, at the most. Regardless, she was now here and had informed him of the contents of her letter.

When she spoke of her reason for visiting, he was confused, though his otherworldly face would not show it. Elegance and grace being things he was still in the process of learning, even if his lessons were going well. "You are not interuptting anything, but I do not know if I am the right person for your inspiration, as I have only just moved into this mansion." He informed her.

He then reached for one of the rice cakes with his right pincer-hand and placed it into his mouth before proceeding to chew. When he finished, and after he swallowed, he added. "Though I will offer you whatever help I can provide." He offered.

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbersReon View Post
The wolf blinks, it's eye's suddenly glowing blue. "i was not aware that i had to make an appointment, should i re arrange and come back later?" the wolf had a casaul tone, as though talking was normal for him.
The butler blinked his eyes a few times, more surprised than before, and stepped aside to allow entree to the wolf. "I- I will go inform the master. Please follow me to the living room, and then I will inform him of your arrival." The elderly man said.

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead3142 View Post
The researcher waited, looking at the decorations around the room while waiting for Cho'Gath.
When he heard a knock on the door to his study, Cho'Gath turned his head toward it, placing his book down on his lap as he did so. "Enter." He called out.

The door opened and the butler stood at the threshold of the doorway. "Master Cho'Gath, a researcher from the Institution is here to see you, sir." The man said.

The Voidborn tilted his large head to the side. "Did he say why he had come?" He asked.

The butler shook his head. "Only that he had a few questions for you, sir." He replied.

Placing his book on the night stand next to him, Cho'Gath rose to his feet, bending his knees to allow himself to walk through the doorways, and started toward the door as the butler stepped aside. "He is probably one of the summoners sent to make sure I am controlling my tone. I will see him, and thank you Elric." He said as he walked toward and past the man.

The butler bowed. "At your service, sir. I will return to the door now." He said before going to do just that.

------
A few minutes later, Cho'Gath would end the living room to see his visitor standing there, or sitting. "Good evening, good sir. I have been informed that you have questions for me?" He asked as he stepped toward the closer of the two love seats and took a seat.

In the meantime, one of the maids came in with a tray of rice cakes and fruit juice, and then after bowing in greeting to the two of them.

AskChoGath

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear cho'cho,

any incident with kassadin?

-bb
"Dear Cho'Cho-" Elizabeth began, but paused when she heard Cho'Gath cough. "Yes sir?" She asked.

"Surely it reads, Dear Cho'Gath?" He asked.

She frowned and shook her head. "No sir, it says Dear Cho'Cho. Should I discard it?" She asked.

He shook his head. "No. Go ahead and read the rest of it." He said.

She nodded and did so.

When she finished, the Voidborn scratched the back of his head with his back-right appendage, the sound like a nail against a steel plate. "What a strange summoner. I had thought he had only made a mistake with his previous letter, but now I do not know what his intentions are." He said.

Elizabeth, who had thought it strange as well, was at a lose of words, except for a few. "Would you like to reply to his letter, sir?" She asked.

After a few moments of thought, he nodded, and began to say his response while she wrote.

Dear Summoner,

My name, as those of you of this world know it, is Cho'Gath. I would appropriate it if you would address me as such until I give you permission to do otherwise.

As to your question, I have had only one incident with the Void Walker, and that was before either of us were a part of the League. Now and again, I am threatened by one of his followers, but never the man himself.

Either he is wise enough to not attack me, or he is preparing to do so. Whichever it is, we have had no direct conflict.

~Cho'Gath; not Cho'Cho

blockhead3142

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskChoGath View Post
A few minutes later, Cho'Gath would end the living room to see his visitor standing there, or sitting. "Good evening, good sir. I have been informed that you have questions for me?" He asked as he stepped toward the closer of the two love seats and took a seat.

In the meantime, one of the maids came in with a tray of rice cakes and fruit juice, and then after bowing in greeting to the two of them.
The researcher sat down in the other seat. "As you no doubt know," he says, "I am a researcher from the Institute of War. I am part of a program conducting research on the extradimensional champions of the League of Legends. Would you mind answering a few questions about yourself?

AskChoGath

12-28-2013

Quote:
The researcher sat down in the other seat. "As you no doubt know," he says, "I am a researcher from the Institute of War. I am part of a program conducting research on the extradimensional champions of the League of Legends. Would you mind answering a few questions about yourself?
The Voidborn took several seconds to decide how he should reply to the researcher's words. He knew of no extradimensional research program or its members, or he just did not care enough at the time to remember. Before, he always thought of the summoners as lucky jailors, lucky to have caught him when he was weak and off-guard, and now he still thought the same of them, only that they were slightly, VERY slightly, less annoying.

Finally, he decided to ask a question. "What are you talking about? I have never heard of your research program or its work, and I know only of your spells and combats on your battlefields." He replied.

There was the chance that some summoners who had spoken to him were part of the program this one spoke of, but those had mostly either gone mad and joined the Cult of the Void, or, more likely, killed themselves.

blockhead3142

12-28-2013

Quote:
The Voidborn took several seconds to decide how he should reply to the researcher's words. He knew of no extradimensional research program or its members, or he just did not care enough at the time to remember. Before, he always thought of the summoners as lucky jailors, lucky to have caught him when he was weak and off-guard, and now he still thought the same of them, only that they were slightly, VERY slightly, less annoying.

Finally, he decided to ask a question. "What are you talking about? I have never heard of your research program or its work, and I know only of your spells and combats on your battlefields." He replied.

There was the chance that some summoners who had spoken to him were part of the program this one spoke of, but those had mostly either gone mad and joined the Cult of the Void, or, more likely, killed themselves.
"Forgive me. The research program is fairly new, and there are only a few members. Since many of the champions whose origins are beyond Runeterra
are very different from those with which we have experience, we know very little about them. The program aims to rectify that."

((OOC: Ignore the research program, it's just my excuse because I thought it was weird to have someone randomly wander in and start asking Cho'Gath questions.))

BloatedBile

12-28-2013

dear cho'gath,

can i at least shorten it to cho? what do you find most difficult turning into genteel champion?

-bb

AskChoGath

12-28-2013

Quote:
"Forgive me. The research program is fairly new, and there are only a few members. Since many of the champions whose origins are beyond Runeterra
are very different from those with which we have experience, we know very little about them. The program aims to rectify that."

((OOC: Ignore the research program, it's just my excuse because I thought it was weird to have someone randomly wander in and start asking Cho'Gath questions.))
((That's just it! It is weird for someone to show up and start asking Cho'Gath, who first lived in a cell in the dungeons of the Institution or in a desert, questions. He's still a captive, but now he's not a captive in solitary confinement.))

Cho'Gath stared at the man for but a moment before blinking his green eyes once. "You realize that is part of the nature of worlds and dimensions aside from the one you live in, yes?" He asked, and then reached for one of the rice cakes. "This world... is very different from the one I come from, as I am sure others such as Nasus, Malphite, and Morgana would say. You will have to be specific with you intentions, or I will ask you to leave." He said.

He then placed the rice cake into his mouth, and swallowed without chewing. "But there are certain aspects, many actually, I will not reveal about my world." He added.

AskChoGath

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear cho'gath,

can i at least shorten it to cho? what do you find most difficult turning into genteel champion?

-bb
"Can I at least shorten it to Cho?" Elizabeth read, but paused and turned to her master.

The Voidborn scratched under his chin as he thought about that. "Do you think he will keep this up?" He asked.

The maid shrugged her shoulders. "I do not know." She answered.

"Hmm. I will wait. If this one does not annoy me with his letters, I will allow it, but not until." He replied.

As she turned back to the desk and dipped the pin into the ink bottle, he spoke, causing her to pause. "No, no, no. Do not write that as a response. That is for me to decide, not for him to know." He said.

She nodded her head slowly, and then began to read the rest of the letter.

"What does 'genteel' mean?" He asked her.

The maid turned her head back to the Voidborn as she spoke. "It means 'polite, refined, or respectable, often in an affected or ostentatious way'. I believe he is referring to your becoming a gentleman." She answered.

"I see. I am ready to reply." He said.

She smiled and began writing down his response.

Dear Summoner,

That would be the speech and speaking. I am still in the process of learning such things, but the most difficult part for me has been changing my vocal cords and speech pattern to allow others to hear and understand me without becoming deranged or made mad. Now and again, however, my old self does make itself known with an echo or screeching word, but I no longer drive the creatures of this world mad with my voice alone.

~Cho'Gath

blockhead3142

12-28-2013

Quote:
((That's just it! It is weird for someone to show up and start asking Cho'Gath, who first lived in a cell in the dungeons of the Institution or in a desert, questions. He's still a captive, but now he's not a captive in solitary confinement.))

Cho'Gath stared at the man for but a moment before blinking his green eyes once. "You realize that is part of the nature of worlds and dimensions aside from the one you live in, yes?" He asked, and then reached for one of the rice cakes. "This world... is very different from the one I come from, as I am sure others such as Nasus, Malphite, and Morgana would say. You will have to be specific with you intentions, or I will ask you to leave." He said.

He then placed the rice cake into his mouth, and swallowed without chewing. "But there are certain aspects, many actually, I will not reveal about my world." He added.
"Of course. I would not wish to intrude on those aspects of your life that you are unwilling to share. If any of my questions seem impertinent, tell me immediately and I will stop. I do not wish to offend. If you like, I can give you an example of the type of question I wish to ask." The researcher picks up a rice cake, and briefly studies it before taking a cautious bite.

sylvanas valeria

12-28-2013

Quote:
dear cho'gath what do think of your fellow void born?
Sylvanas Valeria-