Ask (nearing) Gentleman Cho'Gath

1234511 ... 46
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskChoGath

12-27-2013

((Remade, a little))

Click here for character development one.
Current development: Cho'Gath has gone feral (read post below this one), and Abagail has gone to try and return him to the Institute. Currently, Ebony, Elric, Wilson, and Elizabeth, as well as Marigold, are trying to help in their own ways. For now, Cho'Gath is not available for chatting with or accepting letters.

Recently decorated in the style of Noxian nobility, the mansion is made of red clay bricks with a number of windows, four floors and an attic, a storm cellar basement, and a grand porch on both the front and back of the mansion. From the outside, one could see smoke rising from a double chimney and a few voidlings wandering around the grounds.

The mansion's interior is also decorated in Noxian fashion, but with a touch of other cultures in certain rooms, primarily for visitors, but even the master of the manor has stayed in different rooms to suit his mood. Even his servants, the ones who stayed anyway, have chosen to stay in the guest rooms of their choice rather than the rooms put together just for them.

However, any items, vases, tapestries, paintings, and etc. are all fakes or replicas. While they appear to be very good ones, they are not originals... or so one would think.

Some items, despite their looks, were brought to the mansion by Cho'Gath himself, and without the summoners knowing.

Perhaps to the surprise of most, voidlings wander around the mansion, doing chores, preforming housekeeping tasks, and doing other chores one would expect servants to preform. There are a handful of servants in the mansion, but they do not mind the large insect-like drones and have had no complaints. In fact, the little creatures have helped remove the majority of the work they would have to pick up due to the lack of staff.

As to Cho'Gath himself, he had taken to refining his speech so that it did not hurt those who he spoke to. After a number of writers had complained, many with mental traumas and being driven nearly insane, he was required to learn to control his voice. After only three days, he developed his own form of speaking based on the way a gentleman would, even dressing as a gentleman at times, though no one knows why.
All and all, he had changed almost overnight from a feral creature to a well-educated individual.

However, he is physically unable to reply to or write letters, and so one of his servants writes for him.

The mansion contains a music room with a stage and a variety of instruments worthy of almost any play, a large and fully stocked kitchen with an equally sized dining room with a fireplace for added effect, a number of bedrooms and wings for both servants, guests, and himself, a large study for himself and private meetings, and record players with a number of different recorded songs and performances.
The front yard is decorated with hedges of... questionable design in the form of a maze, though it is a very basic maze. The back yard contains two large gardens on either sides of a pool with green(ish?) water. The two gardens contain a number of different fruits and vegetables growing in patches, most likely for his meals.

The wardrobe of Cho'Gath had changed to suits that had been custom tailored to his size and figure, several for his various sizes and with the ability to stretch somewhat. Now and again, the Voidborn would wear other clothing, but he preferred the suits if he wore anything at all.
-------

Quote:
Inside the mansion, in his private study, Cho'Gath sat in his gentleman attire with one of his tutors and writers, an old servant in his fifties who had taken the position as writer while also teaching him mannerisms. Though uneasy at first, the elderly servant had become accustomed to his meetings with the Voidborn, and the two even becoming close to friends; though it is still clear that the two are still far from such terms.

As the lesson ends, the servant begins reading out the letters of the day to Cho'Gath and awaits his response before writing a reply or tossing the letter into the fireplace. Among the letters, is one from a familiar summoner...

Dear Cho'Gath,

I hope everything is going well and you are happy with your new place of residence. Since our meeting in the prisons of the Institution, I had thought you would change your mind, but two weeks later and I hear you have taken up our offer to join the Ask program.

I would like to welcome you to the program. I would do so personally, but I am still hearing voices from our previous visit.

Anyway, I wish you luck in the program.

~From the Arcane Wing of the Grand Library
Curator Goau

"Wilson." Cho'Gath said after several seconds of silence.

The elderly servant turned to him. "Yes, Sir?" He asked.

"If you would, write a reply." The Voidborn said as he turned to face the fireplace.

The man nodded and prepared to write down his master's response.

Dear Summoner,

The voices are not real, and you should never heed them, lest you turn to madness like Malzahar. Ordinarily, I would not care, but you showed no fear before me, and so I will help you recover from our meeting if needed.

As to my new living conditions, I am satisfied with them. For now, I will answer questions and be a part of the program.

~Cho'Gath

With that done, the Voidborn said his farewell for the day to his tutor and writer, and sat down to read a good book with a glass of fine wine before dinner.
----------

What is the difference between a monster that runs free and one that is locked in a cage? And what if that cage is of its own making and mind?

----------
Since the summoners have become more lax with Cho'Gath and allowing the guards to go to other stations, as well as servants leaving for various reasons, Cho'Gath's mansion has become mostly empty. To compensate for this emptiness, many voidlings have been brought in, but the League does not know how and Cho'Gath refuses to answer.

If any have spoken to Cho'Gath in the past and now speak with him, they might notice his style of speaking and tone being a mix of his past speech and his refined, gentleman speaking style. The Voidborn now speaks with an eerie tone as he had before, malice and something else playing on every word he spoke, yet it is not the tone that had driven many mad.

Another thing some might notice would be his knowledge of world events, far greater than before and much of it unknown to others. Also, the way he looks at those he speaks with may give off the feeling of being watched from all sides, a nagging feeling of fear or dread, and as though their very soul and very secret they had was known by the otherworldly creature.

Finally, Cho'Gath does not appear to eat nearly as much as he did before, yet he seems to grow in size regardless of whether or not he eats. He will also warn those around him to not show fear, display anger, or sorrow, but not why. All he will do is smile and chuckle softly to himself.
----

On a side note, after consuming a number of humans, all of which that had died by hands other than his own and that of his servants, he has gained access to a human form. It does not make him a complete human as his eyes are still a bright green with no pupils, appendages that sprouted from his back, and orange skin, but it is enough for people, himself included, to call it a human form.

It is not a true human form, but it does resemble that of one from Bilgewater.

----
Click here for character development.

AskChoGath

12-27-2013

((Yep, Cho's gone feral. Have fun all.))

For the first time in years, a terrifying roar ripped its way through the halls of the Institute of War. This was no ordinary roar from something of Runeterra. Oh no. What made this roar was from another world completely.

To those few who lived and remembered it, they would recognize it as the roar of the Terror of the Void. To those who had fought against him, they would recognize it as something more than Cho'Gath's Feral Scream.

To everyone... it was trouble.

The Voidborn tore his way out of the mansion he had been living in for a few months, unbound and unphased by the mightiest of the summoners' spells. Those foolish enough to get in his way were either trampled by his massive strength or weight, thrown out of the way, or fled in terror. He did not stop for anything, magic, people, trees, or structures, and only moved forward.

After a time, the summoners eased trying to stop him and a few scouts only followed him, where he stopped in the Shurima Desert. Rather than remain where he was, he dove deep into the sand, where the summoners could no longer track or follow him.
-----

Days later

Sightings of Cho'Gath began to emerge from around the Shurima Desert, the Tempest Flats, the Voodoo Lands, and along the Kumungu Jungle, and, with them, stories of the blood shed. It had appeared that he had made the Shurima Desert his territory and was hunting the surrounding areas for food. Around his territory, the skulls, some rotting, of his meals. Most of them were of animals, but some were of people.

Despite their best efforts, summoners are unable to bring the Voidborn back to the Fields of Justice and his servants, all of whom were surprisingly unharmed, did not know what had gotten into their master. They have agreed to help in whatever way they can however, though what they can do may be limited...

One maid has, however, gone missing.

The League is requesting aid to those willing to help them get Cho'Gath back if possible, or allowing people to attempt to end him. While the lose of a champion will be great, it is nothing compared to the rest of the world if he is allowed to rampage how he once did.

-----SKIP-----

((Reserved for the use of room descriptions and servants' names and roles. This way I don't get confused.))

Elric, the doorman- age 38 Ionian, believes in being passive, strong cultural belief in Ionian practices, monk of the Hirana Monastery

Elizabeth, the head maid- age 44, Demacian, did not like the 'purist' ways of Demacia, was a beautiful woman in her youth, now works for Cho'Gath as a means of employment and self-learning.

Wilson, the gentleman tutor- age 63, Demacian of an upper classed family, held a job as a teacher for 40-odd years, family runs sound business, children have moved out, war veteran, and now teaches the proceduers of being a gentleman to Cho'Gath.

Abagail, the former assassin- age 25, Noxian, was introduced into the army at a very young age and trained to be a combat assassin by the Darkwill family. As Darius began his culling, she escaped and was in hiding until she learned of the Institution's need for servants. Though she is afraid of the monsterous Cho'Gath, she was hired purely for the purpose of an inconspicuous guard for Cho'Gath, her hidden blades shifting from being pointed at him to intruders and back when needed.

Ebony, the head cook- A silver-skinned yordle from a remote village of the Tempest Flats. Little is known about her or her village, but she did come to work at the Institution and has been working their as a cook for five years. When she heard word of Cho'Gath being moved into a new mansion and needing a number of maids and butlers to meet his demand for caretakers and watchers. When she joined, she was surprised to find how the otherworldly monster behaved. Since then, she has been a faithful, if a strange, cook for the Master Cho'Gath.

UmbersReon

12-27-2013

((I wish you luck cho! i would visit but my oc is a dog, and a true gentleman would hate that.))

AskChoGath

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbersReon View Post
((I wish you luck cho! i would visit but my oc is a dog, and a true gentleman would hate that.))
((Actually, Cho is not a gentleman yet. He is learning to be one. Heck, a true gentleman wouldn't be shooting spikes out of the ground, but we all know he does it anyway.))

Ask the String

12-27-2013

((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of.
1.) Use this to help both display avatars and search through your posts (among a billion other useful things).
2.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player) or Kameil (onedudething) to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Though you don't have to if you don't want to.
3.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

Sona's beautiful melodies could be heard filling the air as she approached Cho'Gath's room. With the hustle of Snowdown fairly over, she decided to visit some old friends again. She gently knocked on his door, though her music no doubt announced her arrival long before.

UmbersReon

12-27-2013

A elegent looking two tailed wolf walks up to cho gaths door and knocks with the back of his paw. the wolf was wearing a top hat with a strap to keep it on. ((ah screw it im bored, this will be fun...))

BloatedBile

12-27-2013

dear cho'cho,

whos a tasty champion that you have eaten on the fields?

-bb

AskChoGath

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the String View Post
Sona's beautiful melodies could be heard filling the air as she approached Cho'Gath's room. With the hustle of Snowdown fairly over, she decided to visit some old friends again. She gently knocked on his door, though her music no doubt announced her arrival long before.
The guards near the door tilted their heads in greeting to the Maven of Strings as she approached and knocked on the door, but neither of them spoke to her unless she chose to speak to them.

After several seconds, the door would open, but it was not Cho'Gath who answered the door. Instead it was a tall, well-dressed butler with an age-weathered face. He bowed upon seeing her and rose before speaking, his voice denoting his age and experience in his profession. "Good evening, Miss Buvelle. Do you have an appointment with the Master Cho'Gath?" He asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbersReon View Post
A elegent looking two tailed wolf walks up to cho gaths door and knocks with the back of his paw. the wolf was wearing a top hat with a strap to keep it on. ((ah screw it im bored, this will be fun...))
The guards near the door were, put simply, stunned to see a wolf, regardless of the number of tails, with a top hat on, and they continued to stare in disbelief as it knocked on the door with its paw.

A few seconds later, an elderly butler opened the door. In the middle of his greeting bow, he paused, his eyes opening a little more, and looked to the guard on his left with a questioning expression. The guard only shrugged, so the butler looked back to the wolf before straightening. "Good evening... Mister Wolf. Do you have an appointment with the Master Cho'Gath?" He asked, the tone clearly noting his surprise by having such a visitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear cho'cho,

whos a tasty champion that you have eaten on the fields?

-bb
As he sat in his study, reading and sipping wine from his glass, Cho'Gath put his book down when he heard the sound of footsteps outside the room, followed by a knock at his door.

"Enter." The Voidborn called out.

A moment later, the door opened and an young woman with a stack of letters underneath her left arm entered the room. She did not close the door, but stayed just past the threshold of the room, as though ready to leave if needed.

The woman hesitated a moment, shaking a little from fear, before speaking. "I- I've brought you were letters for the day, Master Cho'Gath." She said with a fearful and frightened tone.

The Voidborn let out a low sigh, a mist of breath seeping out from between his lips. "I am not going to eat you..." He said, trailing off.

"Abagail, Master." She said timidly.

"Yes... What do you have?" He asked, pointing toward the stack of letters under her arm.

She seemed to swallow back her fears, but remained where she was. "L- letters, Master, from the Ask a Champion program." She said.

He gestured for her to take a seat, but she did not move, only glanced fearfully from the desk several feet between the two of them to him. "Will you write from there then? With your blood?" He asked.

Immediately, she dropped the letters and ran, screaming as she did.

The Voidborn let out another sigh before rising and going toward the door to gather the letters.

As he did, an older maid, one of the first who started working for him when he moved into the mansion, walked down the hall. When reached the Voidborn, she smiled and wordlessly began helping him pick up the letters, which was much easier for her to do than the pincer-handed champion.

"Thank you... Elizabeth, was it?" He asked.

The maid nodded her head. "Yes, Master Cho'Gath. Did you frighten poor Abagail just a moment ago?" She asked.

As the Voidborn explained what had happened, the two of them moved into his study, door still opened, as the maid took a seat with Cho'Gath behind her. The maid made a noise like tiss-tiss, and then began to carefully open the letters. "Master, you have to speak to the younger maids softly, quietly." She said.

The Voidborn shook his head as he groaned in what one could say frustration. "It is cowards like her who will be the first to perish." He said.

Elizabeth turned halfway toward him and waved a finger with narrowed eyes. "Sir! That is not how a gentleman should speak." She said, and then turned back to the letters and unfolded the first letter.

"Your customs are... unfit for survival." He stated.

She did not turn as she spoke. "Not all of us must survive the world through brawl, sir. There are those of us who can survive by being servants, if we find the right masters." She said.

"Drones are better." He responded.

"But then there is no individuality amongst your followers." She countered.

He was silent for a moment, and then started toward his chair. "What do the letters say?" He asked.

And thus it began.

((I'll change the servants around now and again. Sometimes it will be maids, sometimes it will be butlers, and sometimes it will be a voidling.))

Dear Summoner BB,

My fellow champions are all unique in their tastes, with many being equal to delicacies of other lands. Among them, however, I do enjoy swallowing Alistar, Cassiopeia, Fizz, Karma, Lulu, Nami, that yeti Willump, Syndra, Talon, Varus, Volibear, and Zyra. Each of these listed have their own tastes that make my mouth water with anticipation for that first bite.

However, these are only my favorites so far. Was that what you were asking?

~Cho'Gath

((Sorry for the wait. Everything just ended so I could reply to these. Dinner was GREAT!))

Ask the String

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskChoGath View Post
The guards near the door tilted their heads in greeting to the Maven of Strings as she approached and knocked on the door, but neither of them spoke to her unless she chose to speak to them.

After several seconds, the door would open, but it was not Cho'Gath who answered the door. Instead it was a tall, well-dressed butler with an age-weathered face. He bowed upon seeing her and rose before speaking, his voice denoting his age and experience in his profession. "Good evening, Miss Buvelle. Do you have an appointment with the Master Cho'Gath?" He asked.
Sona waved to the guards casually while waiting for Cho'Gath to answer. When the door opened she was surprised to see it wasn't him, but an elderly looking butler. Still, she kept on her elegant gentle smile, "I believe so... I sent a letter yesterday. Did Cho'Gath receive it?"

AskChoGath

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the String View Post
Sona waved to the guards casually while waiting for Cho'Gath to answer. When the door opened she was surprised to see it wasn't him, but an elderly looking butler. Still, she kept on her elegant gentle smile, "I believe so... I sent a letter yesterday. Did Cho'Gath receive it?"
((Did she send a letter? Did I miss something already?))

The old butler stepped aside for her to enter if she so chose as he he spoke. "I do not know. The master is currently in his private study. If you will wait in the living room, I will inform the master of your arrival." He offered.

The inside of the entrance was a large room with a grand staircase in the back of it, leading to an upstairs wing to the left and right. Leading to the staircase was a velvet, red carpet, which also led into the two rooms to the sides, the right one being the living room.

If she chose to enter the living room to wait, she would see a room containing a large couch, two love seats, and a large maple wood table in the center of the room. Along the back of the room is a series of windows with their drapes closed and a fireplace across from them that was put out. Providing light to the room were a set of hanging, cloth lamps that glowed with a warm light.

1234511 ... 46