FFS 14 tries to que

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ennbeard

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluecks View Post
That's where you are wrong. It might be a solo queue for YOU, but you might be grouped up with 4 players that are premade. So it's 4+1 and not a soloqueue for them.

Good to see some action being taken though.
If you have a premade of 4, and between you for your own composition is poor enough that you're relying on that one random for a good team? You should rethink your own.

I'm pretty certain for most ELO brackets you can make a 4 man composition that has enough flexibility to handle any random chamopion in there assuming the player playing them is decent.

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grackis View Post
lol i also had 14 que tries today with Heimer so many noobs dont understand how he is one of the best heros right now.
After watching your streams on solomid, I'm not sure if you can call people "noobs". However, whoever that Blitz is that you roll with is a baller.

BangWow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Zilean with smite and revive?
I woulda left if penalty was already here.

PuppetSoul

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZero View Post
Time to try this out! Sounds like it will actually work pretty well.
With the exception that it's seriously lacking in the AoE disable department, and that Rammus-as-initiator on a team with distance nukers means he has to blow his escape mechanic and pray to god that his teammates don't hesitate or he's going to get raped hardcore.

I, personally, hate tanking for 4-ranged squads, because they NEVER follow up, and you have to blow flash/ghost/escape mechanics to bridge the noman's land to initiate for them. So you end up looking like you're feeding, and they pick up one kill on the guy who decided to lasthit you each time... so they're like 3/7 and you're 0/60/3, and they'll have the nerve to cry about your KDR.

Hittori

01-04-2010

Yah queue dodging really can get annoying, it was never a problem for me lower ELO, but lately it's been taking about 3 or 4 tries to get a game going. It's incredibly frustrating, but after reading the responses in this thread I can understand why people do it now. Before I always thought it was because someone didn't get to pick Ashe or someone called mid before they could.

There are some problems with matchmaking that need to be improved I guess, but I don't know if people realise how difficult it is to do that! I see a lot of complaining here but not many are even trying to suggest any kind of improvements. The blacklist thing sounds great, I would love that because I have a lot of people on my ignore list that I hate having to play with.

There are so many people who play this game who say extremely ugly things, and do inconsiderate stuff like afking at fountain or whatever - but there is no way to avoid this and that kind of hurts things. I have had to grow very thick skin in my online gaming life as I'm sure many others have too, but when we do the right thing by putting people on /ignore and not lowering ourselves to their level and fighting with them we should not have to also be forced to play with them again on the same team.

So I am all for the blacklist idea and allowing /mute or /ignore to actually work ingame (it never does for me) and I think once people get higher up in ELO they won't dodge so much because I often get put with the same people over and over. Eventually they will get everyone on their blacklist they don't want to play with.

One last thing, being "horrible" for one game or even a few games doesn't always make you a bad player. We all make mistakes, and when you start getting really angry at people for one mistake then it affects their gameplay for the entire game. People should just learn to be more patient. We all have our bad games, but if we were truly bad then we wouldn't be on the same ELO as you... and if we are that bad and you are being matched with us then maybe you're just not as good as you think.