FFS 14 tries to que

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

12-30-2009

I like to say "Another Hiem?" And then wait for the countdown to almost finish. And then leave.

SchroedingersCat

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We will be punishing people (although it's going to be a mild 3-5 minute timeout initially) for leaving @ champ select.
I will qdodge anyway. The 3-5 min waiting is so much better then going into a 30 min game you are 90% sure you will lose.

People that are fine with bad setups are usually those that are bad enough to not realize it is a bad setup.

Shukaster

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
Only people who want to have fun and don't care about winning games that don't matter would care, you mean. When it takes longer to join a game than it takes to play one the game is no longer fun.
There is a simple answer for you - go play practice games if you only want to have fun and not concerned in winning at all.
Just leave then normal games alone - the only "ranked" games we currently have.

thundercraker

12-30-2009

I didnt qdodge initially. The result: 18 straight losses in a row 80% involving feeders using DPSers feeding Yi and not listening to "Careful ppl Yi or, var INSERT_FED_HERO comin". Cra@p that.

AeonMax

12-30-2009

Quote:
We will be punishing people (although it's going to be a mild 3-5 minute timeout initially) for leaving @ champ select.
I seriously hope you don't plan to do this until *after* matchmaking is fixed and draft mode is rolled out. Otherwise, you'll just force other bad behavior like leaving during the match and jumping over to an alternate account.

Focus on the causes of these problems, not the side effects of them.

spawn10459

Banned

12-30-2009

Quote:

WORST thing you could ever do is punish people for not wanting to play a game to whatever reason.

spawn10459

Banned

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonMax View Post
I seriously hope you don't plan to do this until *after* matchmaking is fixed and draft mode is rolled out. Otherwise, you'll just force other bad behavior like leaving during the match and jumping over to an alternate account.

Focus on the causes of these problems, not the side effects of them.
couldnt agee more. You need to fix the main problem before you can fix the minor problem.

The match makign system to need to completely reworked and it needs to be done ASAP. Punishing people for leaving at champ select is alot better then people leaving during a game, afking though a game or just feeding all game becuase they didnt want to play in the first place.

If you start banning people for leaving at champ select they you will see a rise in feeding.afking and botting in the game. My estomation would be that it will increase by at least 25 to 30%.

Phixation

12-30-2009

Quote:
Wonderful, so instead of just making me sit in que for an extra 30 seconds, you are going to promote people AFK'ing in my game and wasting 25 minutes of my time instead.

Well thought out, bravo.

I try not to be an ahole about this stuff but this is one thing I really disagree with. If you are going to implament this, you need to look at the big picture and what's going to happen when it goes through.....which sadly I don't think you have.

I'm assuming most of the devs play together in premades and stuff, so you don't have to deal with players that AFK on purpose and feed on purpose like us solo/duo/trio players have to deal with.

That is a bigger problem than leaving at champ select....I would rather have them just leave then and make me reque than have to sit in a 25 minute game short a player or with a player feeding their carry.

Nonpareil

12-30-2009

Quote:
What in the world? You want to punish people for trying to play the game the way they want to. You would rather force players to play in a game situation that is unenjoyable. That seems very wrong for an "entertainment" company.

The result will be that people will get frustated and leave games mid-game. Or worse, just sit in the fountain and not get a leaver mark. These restrictions seem to contradict the very idea of "enjoyment" for the individual.

Maybe if all heroes were equally balanced would this be acceptable. However, some heroes are awful, and if you are random queueing, and all your teammates picked melee carries.... why SHOULDNT you be allowed to leave in the queue? You're going to force people to play 25+ minutes of a game that they feel is doomed to fail anyway.

Extract the hero selection interface to pre-search.....

For non-five-man-premade queueing, why not ask people what hero they want to play? Then, automatch them with other people of different hero choices. Mix up the random queue teams so that there is 1 or 2 melee, 1 or 2 ranged, a tank, and a support?

The game queues are so tiny, like 20 seconds. Add some hero-mixing logic to the formula, eat up a few more search seconds, and form enjoyable games for the players.

Phixation

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
The game queues are so tiny, like 20 seconds. Add some hero-mixing logic to the formula, eat up a few more search seconds, and form enjoyable games for the players.

This is where the problem lies. For the majority of us, the que times are very short and this is not a problem. But due to horrid matchmaking design, the top players suffer long que times. It is also no secret that the top players practically balance/design the game for them, so it shouldn't be a surprise that this issue gets brought up very often to the dev team.

Can't really blame the top players for being upset about long que times, they have a right to. It's the stupid matcmaking that's killing this game from all angles.

You would think they would do something to fix their own faults instead of punish the players for them....like I dunno, replace the person who left at char select with someone else? Or fix the que times for the higher ranked players?

God forbid they actually come up with something that resembles professional game design.