FFS 14 tries to que

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We will be punishing people (although it's going to be a mild 3-5 minute timeout initially) for leaving @ champ select.

I'm curious why Riot continues to "punish" the community instead of fixing the problems. I've noticed this first with the surrender change, and now with the queue dodge "fix".

You are forcing the players to play for 25 minutes, even if there are leavers and afks. Now you will be forcing us to play a game with people we don't enjoy playing with.

If this is how "fixes" are implemented I can eventually see you alienating enough players for this game to die out rather soon.

railspider

12-29-2009

Quote:
We will be punishing people (although it's going to be a mild 3-5 minute timeout initially) for leaving @ champ select.
Well then PLEASE introduce the blacklist. If I can't escape known baddies with a queue leave, at the very least let me block them from my games. Otherwise there's no point playing this game at all unless you can form a 5 man premade.

Reivur

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paero View Post
Stop picking heimer
But I was on a 15 win Heimer streak until a stupid Fiddlesticks wanted mid and ended up the lowest level in our end game!

Eaglesfan

12-29-2009

Quote:

oh thank you, because matchmaking is horrible and some team comps are horrible you are going to punish us for someone being horrible by picking horrible revive.. gg

i think i rather take a leaver mark when the game starts than play 25minutes of torture or get a 5min que penalty

panthroq

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by railspider View Post
Well then PLEASE introduce the blacklist. If I can't escape known baddies with a queue leave, at the very least let me block them from my games. Otherwise there's no point playing this game at all unless you can form a 5 man premade.

+1

I hate playing with people that I KNOW are bad from prior games.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

Quote:
Initially I was in favor of punishing this. However, I've reconsidered my position after being paired with so many failure teammates. Pretty much every queue now, I ask basic questions or make suggestions for a balanced team. If people don't respond or do stupid things to reveal their lack of skill, I just alt + f4. It really isn't that big a deal. I save myself a horrible 25 minute waste and I get back into queue within 20 seconds or so usually.

Matchmaker is such a joke that you really have to go by team composition and ask questions of people to discover their true skill level. I don't think anyone should be punished for not wanting to play with certain people. As for the inevitable delay to those involved, it's minimal at worst, so grow up and just requeue when someone leaves. Besides, would you really want to be teamed with someone who didn't want to play with you? Think about it before you suggest banning/punishments.

If you're going to punish and there's no way around it, make the punishment 1 minute or something. Any longer than that is just cruel imo. Besides, 1 minute would likely allow the team you broke up to find a match without putting you in it once again. That or just set the MM to not pair you with a team you just left.

FearsomeFunk

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodwinGrech View Post
its spelt 'queue', and i will leave if the team is destined to fail.

only bad players would support queue dodging penalties because they dont understand team composition and just want to play their favourite build
+1.

Make a casuals bracket IMO.

FearsomeFunk

12-30-2009

Quote:
Also... bad.

Onlyashadow

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearsomeFunk View Post
+1.

Make a casuals bracket IMO.

That would make the population almost 100% pro

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
Only people who want to have fun and don't care about winning games that don't matter would care, you mean. When it takes longer to join a game than it takes to play one the game is no longer fun.
Ye..screw people who want to have fun while playing a game and not be destined to lose ****ing horribly because annie just ****ing loves rally with smite.