ARAM Tier List

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Edit: How did this **** make it to the front page again? I made this like 2 years ago--it's highly outdated due to 40+ patches. Not only that, I was pretty noob when I made this looking back on it.

With the health relics in Proving Grounds sustain is not a big issue that much.

**** you whoever bumped this. This was made when Gangplank could deny. This was made when Ryze got 80 AP on his ult. This was made when Zilean had a 15 second ult.

**** you.

-----------------------------------Original Post:

A note about ARAM, some conventional builds do not work here. For example, tank tryndamere surpasses AD Tryndamere. AP Shaco Surpasses AD/AS Shaco. And your typical need-to-farm-to-be-godlike champions such as <every carry in the game> are much, much weaker.

This tier list was designed around "standard" rules. (No fortify, No snowball/guardian angel, no bushes/jungling, can only buy when you die, and when you first spawn.) I say standard because everyone has their own special rules (I love Tiamat Tuesday ARAMs) but this seems to be the one that everyone sticks to the most.

Quote:
S-Tier: Janna, Sona, Gragas, Zilean, Sivir, Ryze,
A-Tier: Alistar, Soraka, Nidalee, Kayle, Kennen, Katarina, Veigar, Taric, Anivia, Cho'Gath, Fiddlesticks, Morgana, Blitzcrank, Karthus, Ashe, Lux, Malzahar, Kog'Maw, Twisted Fate
B-Tier: Gangplank, Malphite, Ezreal, Sion, Dr. Mundo, Warwick, Poppy, Nunu, Annie, Master Yi, Vlad, Urgot, Singed, Rammus, LeBlanc, Heimerdinger, Amumu, Shen, Teemo, Swain,
C-Tier: Xin Zhao, Irelia, Jax, Olaf, Pantheon, Nasus, Cassiopiea, Trundle, Shaco, Mordekaiser, Galio, Kassadin, Tristana, Miss Fortune,
F-Tier: Akali, Tryndamere, Udyr, Garen, Evelynn, Twitch
As a general rule of thumb, if you did not get a good damage dealer/harasser, build tanky. I don't care if you got Warwick and can't jungle and your laning is ****, build it like he was made for a tank, you are way more useful that way. And because of this, any champion can become viable in ARAM. Please don't be stupid and take nerfed-doesn't-scale-well-carry Twitch and think he's still good as a damage dealer.

Do not be afraid to xp-deny yourself if you have a meh champion. Your teammates won't say anything about the extra experience, but if they did, they would appreciate it.

Always take heal and clarity, if you don't use mana, take smite. The extra gold is actually really useful, and maybe you can smite JitB or Heimer's Turrets and if you guys are on a roll, you are lowering their creep wave size for definite pushes.

Boots are overrated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

S-Tier: These guys are the make or break deal of a team. Anyone of these can single handedly win you a game.

A-Tier: Some of these champions I felt were really S-tier material, but they really can't say "gg Janna." While these champions are very powerful, some of them fill specific niches.

B-Tier: Somewhat powerful champion, some of which fill unque roles, however, they typically need a "partner" to be extremely effective. Amumu for example, is fairly weak alone. However, if he has competent teammates and a somewhat average team, you can actually win regardless that the other team has a Janna and Anivia. Amumu + Jax + Xin Zhao will tear everything apart, assuming you haven't given up more than 3 or 4 kills by the time you guys hit level 6.

C-Tier: The really nothing special tier. However they are not queue dodge worthy. You can win if you build some MR/HP. If you guys don't have a good initiator it's probably you. You don't need to tank, just stand in the front.

D-Tier: While I would suggest queue dodging, don't it's ruining the others games. I have been in far too many games where it was 5-6 queue dodges in a row before everyone decided to just quit. Deal with it and build tank, some of them (Tryndamere) are surprisingly effective if you have the ideal partner and are built like a tank. Stealth characters also go here, for an obvious reason. The other team will buy wards, and conveniently place them where you have to be, you know, middle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janna + Sona: While Janna is stronger than Sona, it's almost as if 1st place lapped around the track and is leaving second place in the dust. Janna can defend towers, give your carry the equivalent of a free BF Sword, disrupt AoE, AoE heal to keep your push going, and bake cookies. ALWAYS BE JANNAAAAA.

But in all seriousness Janna is the most ridiculous champion for ARAM. Just build straight AP and watch her decimate the other team. If you want to help out your Janna, buy a Will of the Ancients.

Gragas: Some major displacement, good harass and will virtually never run out of mana. A good Gragas in ARAM could carry you the game.

Gangplank: Deny. It is so broken in ARAM. Deny, Deny, Deny. You can be level 6 when they are level 4. Self-heal, long range harass, and a global AoE to secure taking/defending tower. This pirate was built for ARAM.

Zilean: Almost the counter to Gangplank's xp loss (if he's on the other team), because of the "no GA" rule, Zilean is kind of a work around to it. And his bombs. Holy **** his bombs. You temporarily remove a champion from the lane because they know not to hurt their teammates.

Sivir + Nidalee: Boomerangs and Spears. They will hurt. A lot. Please dodge them.

Sivir + Ryze + any bounce ability: Looking at you Katarina and Fiddlesticks. Doubling your cast range because you can hit the first minion of the wave is pretty ridiculous. Halving hp5 is just salt in the wound.

Blitzcrank: I know some people are like "omg why no blitz s-tire." Well quite simply, he doesn't do much. If your opponents are smart more than half of your grabs miss and you are out of mana by the 4th grab. Especially if there is an anti-blitz champion on the field. (Heimer, Teemo, Shaco, Vlad)

Heimerdinger: While he may have a powerful lane presence, in a 5v5 ARAM his turrets just don't stand. If your enemy team was smart enough to have smite, you will never have a turret up for very long. His Grenade can hit pretty hard, but the stun size is very small, and blind will not do much in ARAM when everyone is casting spells. Missles can hit pretty hard, just make sure you don't hit the minions instead.

Master Yi: Yi is a really powerful champion in ARAM, while he can never die, he still has to get close to seal the deal while other champions are much more better at him for what he does.
------------------------------------------------------

I will be adding more champions and explanations along with my experiences with them later on, however right now, logging off.

Fratley

12-26-2010

How in the blazes is Alistar not S tier.

Heliostorm

12-26-2010

Miss Fortune should be much higher.

Redoubts

12-26-2010

Janna and Nid need to switch places. The tornado is the easiest thing to avoid if you know what you're doing, making her godlike-against-******s-only, like blitz. At least nid's shot doesn't come with an air raid siren, and her heal is reliable, with gear. Otherwise, I generally agree.

>Boots are overrated.

Expect to be rolled if the tides ever turn.

>Miss Fortune should be much higher.
True, her ult fills the lane, and is AOE damage. This should count for something.

>Blitz should be much higher
If a champ cannot personally carry, he should not be S tier. Soraka is a perfect example. Blitz is somewhat so. Think of him as a viability maker, and a combo initiator. These roles need a second player. Nid can spear your casters to death by herself. Blitz needs tower hits or a team to secure his grabs.

>Implying stealth is worthless.

People need to know what stealth does in this game. It forces the other team to spend gold for items they don't want to. It also requires that you match their wards, in order to keep the money sink draining. Sometimes this is good. If ashe is blowing 400 gold per life to coutnter you, you're doing your team a great favor.

got321321

12-26-2010

not bad, but in my opinion best hero for aram is nidalee/sivir/heimer/janna/blitzcrank gragas can be good too, but barrel is not so good actually

nidalee have like a 2 ap ratio on her spear. sivir 1.75. heimer has rocket + grenade awesome range. janna imba tornado. and a succesfull grab = a kill. they all have +1000range. you can replace blitz for kog maw for some dps tho.

sona, gangplank, zilean and ryze are far from the best hero.

GiantEvilKitten

12-26-2010

Lack of blitzcrank in tier 1.

I am disapoint.

Immafeedyou

12-26-2010

This is really bad

Yi isnt top of S-Tier?
Do you not even play ARAM?

XavierBronco

Recruiter

12-26-2010

Tryndamere isn't s tier? once he gets six its GG

got321321

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSNB59 View Post
lol

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSNB59 View Post
I have won games with Tryndamere, but decimating the other team is not how you do it.

However in the games I won with him, I always built tank, and it allowed my team, (one case Sivir, another case Zilean) to just roll all over the enemy team at the turret.

12345 ... 7