Start of S4 ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vykx

12-23-2013

I heard when Season 4 of LoL starts you will demoted of some sort to lower divisions of your tier depending on your games in ranked? Is this true or can someone clarify for me? Cause I'm still playing ranked and if I was to be "demoted" to a lower division then I'll just stop playing until S4.

Nitori K

12-23-2013

To my understanding, when season 4 starts, everyone will have their current placements wiped. They'll have to go through their 10 placement matches again, though they'll keep their same MMR. That way, Bronze people won't be matched with Plats.

But your placement matches will influence where you start in season 4. If you do really well, you might end up higher than where you're placed now. Conversely, do poorly and you may drop a couple tiers.

laxjoh

12-23-2013

Everyone's ranked is essentially "reset" but your MMR is still a factor as well. So you can continue playing if you are above 50% win rate and aren't declining in that win/loss rate.

LEGENDofGAMERR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-24-2013

So if you are let's say : Silver .. You will be reseted to 10 placement matches again ?

stuykid89

12-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGENDofGAMERR View Post
So if you are let's say : Silver .. You will be reseted to 10 placement matches again ?
when the new season starts there will be a soft reset for MMR. what that means is that while you have to go through placement matches again, the system will match you up with players of a skill level comparable to the league/division you were in during season 3. so it's possible that you can move up or down during placements from where you previously were.