Help me choose my secondary color in MTG for the next rotation.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2014

I found a fun way to have an indestructible 5/5 by turn two with blue, so, I'm asking you guys what my secondary color should be, or should I just go mono blue?

LukeTheSheppy

09-17-2014

Blue Green. Mana ramp with low end control.

IRLDragon

09-17-2014

Pick every card ever and take that card where if you have more than 200 cards in your deck when you play it you win the game.

yolo

PrinceOfStorms

09-17-2014

colorless

SaxonThunder

09-17-2014

red is sick and if you're talking about Ensoul Artifact, Shrapnel Blast is also in standard (sac an artifact deal 5 damage for 2)

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLDragon View Post
Pick every card ever and take that card where if you have more than 200 cards in your deck when you play it you win the game.

yolo
Sadly not standard, I am making a Sliver Commander deck depending on whether they re release Manaweft sliver or not though.

SaxonThunder

09-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLDragon View Post

yolo
battle of wits isnt standard legal

Rav Abaddon

09-17-2014

Blue RED
Set up infinite DAMAGE COMBOS

Jamaree

09-17-2014

I'm hearing colorless or red, desicions, desicions.

MrHaZeYo

09-17-2014

I haven't play Magic heavy in years. (Favorite block is still Mirrordin though).

It depends on what your trying to get your deck to do. Mono blue is nice with control and card advantage but if you find you need more mana to get the most out of your card advantage I'd splash some green into your deck to make that happen.

Black and White both work well with Blue as they are allied but in less I was building a Decking deck (Hello Traumatize/Haunting Echos)I usually paired my Blue with White for ultimate control or Green to pump on mana early game to maximize my card advantage mid game and just blow through the game.

Me myself I prefer mechanical decks, my favorite deck I still own is a Artifact deck based around Terlian Academy with over 13 ways to defeat you.

Edit: Also Blue/Artifact is another good way to go, Idk any of the Type 2 **** anymore though so my actual opinion isn't worth much. Wanna play Extended or Type 1 let me know .

Edit2: Also Control/Burn (Blue/Red) could be a good concept but you'll want to keep your overall mana cost curve towards 3 because you won't be getting as many lands as often. Also in that instance I'd prolly only run 15 total lands and 45 actual cards.